Which Trip?

Tell us about interesting places you've been - things to see and do - pictures please!

Which Trip?

Postby mitch5252 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:58 am

Which trip (late Spring/early Summer) would be more interesting to you? Why?

mitch5252

Re: Which Trip?

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:54 pm

I would vote for trip #2 as that's the route that has lots to do and see..and you would be close to my "old stomping grounds as a youth" (western NY.)....but remember ya' gotta' be back home by August cause we're coming to visit you.... ;)
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby mitch5252 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:12 pm

rvgrammy1953 wrote:I would vote for trip #2 as that's the route that has lots to do and see..and you would be close to my "old stomping grounds as a youth" (western NY.)....but remember ya' gotta' be back home by August cause we're coming to visit you.... ;)

LOL - you don't know me very well, do you??? I could NEVER put together a trip like that so quickly! This is dreaming into 2015! I'll be here for your visit! :mrgreen:
mitch5252

Postby monik7 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:05 pm

Mitch, is that Streets & Trips you're using? I'm wondering if I should get it. Can't decide as I'd have to drag my HUGE laptop which I generally leave at home.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby gingerK » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:22 pm

The one on the right, cuz I've already done the other one. Sort of. About 35 yrs. ago.
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby mitch5252 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:54 pm

Sandi, that is from Streets & Trips (2010 version).
Love that program.
mitch5252

Postby WickedLady » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:18 pm

Neither.
WickedLady

Postby Joan » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:29 pm

I would do the Halifax trip first.
Hanging out in Oregon.
Joan

Postby sharon » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:32 pm

Probably the one on the right 'cause I want to go to Maine and eat Lobster! :lol:
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby VickieP » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:17 pm

I vote for the one on the right, also. Just because you lived in the Chicago area & I think WI, so part of that trip would not be new adventures.
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby Bethers » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:38 pm

I also vote for the one on the right, as I think you've already seen lots on the first trip.

And I love S&T's - use it to plan, then I keep it updated with where I've been - and have a map route for almost every year I've been doing this. Not 100% accurate, because sometimes I don't get everything in it, but pretty close. And for places that are harder to find - I've got them saved in there on that years route - with the gps coordinates.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby IrishIroamed » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:55 pm

I have no opinion, but maybe answering some questions would help.
When was the last time you went to Illinois & Wisconsin?
Is there anyone back in IL (family?) that you'd like to visit?
What time of year are you planning the trip?
How long are you expecting to be gone and can it be extended?

There may be lots of new things to see in IL. The bean, the people face fountains in Grant Park (forget what the real name of it is), or the National Veterans Museum http://www.nvam.org/above_beyond/

If you leave early enough & head towards home late enough, may adding a 3rd leg (from map #1 to map #2) would be nice if you did #2 back home in the fall to see the colors in New England

Plus it might give me a chance to meet you & see if you are a short as Vickie says you are :lol:
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby retiredhappy » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:57 pm

I would also vote for the 2nd one. I've ALWAYS wanted to see PEI; was a devoted fan of Anne of Green Gables. Wish it didn't take me two or three days to get the hell out of Texas. Was actually thinking about a trip this Spring to the Oregon coast. Found that it would take me about 10 days of traveling (at the speed/distance I do daily) to just GET to the coast. Turned out to be more expensive than I could afford just to get where I wanted to be. And, not much to see on the way out.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby avalen » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:01 pm

I vote for Maine lobster trip :D
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby BarbaraRose » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:10 pm

OK, I will throw a wrench into this. I'm voting for the first one. Thedrive along the North Shore of Lake Superior is spectacular! Eight state parks, dozens of breathtaking rivers and waterfalls, plus the beautiful Lake Superior.

Plus, then I could meet you as you pass right by me! :D

Or you could combine them by driving thru Minn, then around the Great Lakes and come back down thru the eastern states. That way you wont have to back track.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Next

Return to Interesting Places