Which Trip?

Tell us about interesting places you've been - things to see and do - pictures please!

Re: Which Trip?

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:47 pm

mitch5252 wrote:
rvgrammy1953 wrote:I would vote for trip #2 as that's the route that has lots to do and see..and you would be close to my "old stomping grounds as a youth" (western NY.)....but remember ya' gotta' be back home by August cause we're coming to visit you.... ;)

LOL - you don't know me very well, do you??? I could NEVER put together a trip like that so quickly! This is dreaming into 2015! I'll be here for your visit! :mrgreen:

Yipee!!! Can't wait til August!!! ;) :lol:
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby Bethers » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:00 pm

Actually, I think the idea of going up one way and coming back the other is a good one. Very good one.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby snowball » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:24 pm

I like Barb's trip go up one and down the other..but if it was one or the other I personally would do the right one have always wanted to visit that area! Loved Anne of Green Gables
sheila
snowball

Postby JudyJB » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:38 am

I was also going to say the Halifax trip, but Barbie is right. The trip around the north shore of Lake Superior is wonderful. There are some wild and beautiful provincial parks, right on the lake, plus state parks in MN and WI. I took this trip 30+ years ago with my ex-husband and loved it. Here were some of the high points:

1) Believe it or not, Duluth is a neat city. I has a neat little historical restaurant called Grandma's right under the bridge where the river opens into the lake. Also, one of the best train museums I have ever been to. Duluth is a major shipping port for things like grain and iron ore.
2) Two Harbors is very scenic--woodsy with lots of cliffs and wonderful beaches overlooking the wild lake.
3) Thunder Bay was where the voyageurs left with their canoes full of furs for the east. There is a fort there and an Indian reservation. One of my most memorable experiences was attending a real Powwow with tribes from all of Canada and the U.S.
4) Neys Provincial Park on the north shore of Lake Superior. Bring everything because this place is very isolated, which is its charm. Right on the beach and gorgeous.
5) Sault St. Marie, Ontario and Michigan. Take a tour of the locks and watch the big boats go through.

Here is a circle tour site that will give you some information on places to see on the north shore of the lake: http://www.lakesuperiorcircletour.info/

I also like her idea of making a loop instead of backtracking. You could head east from here and go to Halifax, but we are really talking about a very slow 2-3 month summer trip. So what else do you have to be doing??
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Dell » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:57 am

My choice would be the one to Nova Scotia, but that's because I have a friend there and it would be truly neat to meet him again. Let me know if you're interested in a bicycle tour of that area and I can put you in touch with him. The circle trip sounds like a great idea, too, if you have enough time and gas money. Don't forget your passport! 8-Dell
Dell

Postby MsBHaven » Mon May 12, 2014 5:09 pm

I would pick the one going up to Nova Scotia. Our trip last summer was to Syracuse (rally) and thru New Hamshire, Vermont, Main, New Brunswick, then back down the coast catching Connecticut, Massachusetts, etc. The best part was all the lobster rolls I ate.
2013 Thor Chateau Citation Sprinter - 24' 10" - 2 slides

Ms"B"Haven (Margie)

3 Chihuahuas (Buddy, Annie, Maggie)
MsBHaven

Previous

Return to Interesting Places