Treehouse camping anyone?

Tell us about interesting places you've been - things to see and do - pictures please!

Treehouse camping anyone?

Postby TABaker » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:09 pm

I ran across this state park this spring returning from the Smokey Mountains. It's Edgar Evins State park located a couple hours east of Nashville, TN. I wasn't planning to stop at that location, but received a flash flood warning on my phone and told to take cover because a storm was brewing. Shortly after, I saw the state park sign and pulled off. Imagine my shock driving into the campground in pitch dark and raining, and seeing these campsites on pillars. I actually put the Jeep in park, got out, and walked over to see if my eyes were playing tricks on me. I then saw the electric hookups on the deck. It came to me that I'd seen photos of this place on one of the camping forums. I wish I could have stayed longer. It was a little scary backing onto that deck about 10:30 at night during a storm, but the next morning was gorgeous. It borders a COE lake, and I hope to visit again next summer.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says, "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Crystal

TABaker

Re: Treehouse camping anyone?

Postby VickieP » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:12 pm

I think that would be more than a little scary!
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby Bethers » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:15 pm

It must be safe - but wow ... never seen anything like it. Will have to check it out when I'm through that way again.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby avalen » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:23 pm

wow
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby BirdbyBird » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:41 pm

Neat but I don't think I would want to camp there with small children or dogs that love to chase squirrels :roll: :)
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby BarbaraRose » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:21 pm

At least you didn't have to worry about getting flooded! :shock:
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby SoCalGalcas » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:01 am

LOVE IT!!! Beautiful area. lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby WickedLady » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:56 pm

OK for an emergency stop but don't think I would spend much time there.
BTW: The devil has said that about me for ages.
WickedLady

Postby VickieP » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:59 pm

Okay, I've been thinking this since I first saw the pic, I KNOW I'm not the only one that thinks it would just be too tempting for some guys to walk out in the morning and sprinkle over the edge! :shock: :? :roll:
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby JudyJB » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:16 am

I wonder if there was a weight limit on those spots. I would really be nervous about putting my heavy vehicle on one of them. Looks like an interesting spot, however, I do agree about the pets and children.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Bethers » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:45 am

I went to the website and saw some beautiful pictures ... so many state parks I want to visit. This one goes near the top of the list. As to safety - here's info on the campsites:

"There are 60 tent and trailer campsites with water and electrical hookups. These platform-type sites are built around the slopes of Center Hill Lake and are equipped with a table, grill and fire rings. Three modern bathhouses are located within the campground. Campsites are built on steel and concrete reinforced platforms with wooden 6 x 6 decking. They are designed to hold a camper or a cabin tent up to 33 feet in length subject to the availability of the longer sites."

But don't head there right now: "Under Construction: Beginning December 1, 2013 through May 15, 2014 campsites at Edgar Evins State Park will be closed for renovations. As areas and sites are completed in the spring, they may become available earlier. Please check back or call the park for availability information. "

Just learned that in one more year I'll be eligible for the TN parks senior discounts ... aging has never looked better lolol
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Anniepoo » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:12 pm

I wouldn't be worried at all about using one of those. That's a good hefty steel beam under there!

I'd listen to Judi's take on it, but seems fine to me.

I do wonder if it'd be cold, with the wind whistling under the deck.
When I die I'm gonna be cremated. I can't stand the idea of spending eternity in a box with no wheels.
Anniepoo

Postby TABaker » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:31 pm

I'm either brave or stupid...likely both...but I Ioved it. I'm in for adventure!
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says, "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Crystal

TABaker

Postby Redetotry » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:17 pm

Looks like a great spot! I admire your spirit and the ability to back in there after dark!
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Return to Interesting Places