hitch alignment back up camera

Useful "things" you've discovered to make your rving life easier.

hitch alignment back up camera

Postby psjh » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:18 pm

Since I will be hitching my new TT myself I am looking at small hitch cameras. Anyone use one? What do you like or not like? Any recommended brands?
psjh

Re: hitch alignment back up camera

Postby Sandersmr » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:01 pm

I have one but can't think of it right off the bat. It's a yellow one :lol: :lol: :lol: The thing I hate about it is it doesn't hold a charge for 3-4 months so I have to remember to charge it before I need it if I haven't camped in a while. And I wish it had a little larger field of view. I can't see the trailer receiver until I'm really close to the trailer. So I use landmarks on the trailer to line up until I can see the trailer tongue come into view. But I like the camera so much better than those ball things - although those work in a pinch.

Swift Hitch - that's the brand. I got it at PPL.
Maggie, Oscar and Jasmine (and sometimes Mark)
2002 F-150 Supercrew
2010 Sportsmen Classic 16BH
Sandersmr

Postby WickedLady » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:52 pm

I use the hitching rods and they work like a charm. One goes on the trailer and one goes on the ball. You just line them up with each other and when the one on the ball falls off you are ready to drop the trailer onto the ball. I think I paid $10 for them at Camping World but it has been a while.
WickedLady

Postby Cougarfan » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:26 pm

I'm going to get this one http://www.iballhitchcam.com/

Cost is $125 on Amazon and there are no wires to mess with. Camera works with just a 9v battery and is magnetic. The reviews are about 98% positive. I especially liked the review from the person that uses it to hitch his trailer, then moves the camera to the back of his trailer to back into a spot and then uses it again pointed at the wheels of his trailer so he knows when to stop on the leveling blocks. I think its much more versatile than the ones that attach to the license plate.

Laura
Cougarfan

Return to Gadgets and Gizmos