Best Vacuum Cleaner for RV?

Useful "things" you've discovered to make your rving life easier.

Best Vacuum Cleaner for RV?

Postby jthistle » Sun May 27, 2012 4:03 pm

Hi Ladies,

In our Class A, we have carpet in the living room and bedroom, laminate in the kitchen and tile in the bathroom. With the dirt from the racing and the shedding of the dogs, I am going crazy trying to keep the floor clean. I have a small travel-size vacuum cleaner but it has that paper filter that plugs the first time you use it. So, because it's plugged the airflow is horrible. It basically doesn't work on the carpet, just the hard floor. Also, I hate emptying the thing because of the choking dust since there is no bag to collect the dirt. What good is a filter if you kill yourself emptying the canister??? :x

I hauled the house vac out to the motor home last night and vacuumed. Finally, it looks clean. However, it was a pain and I'd like to have a permanent vac in the MH. Do any of you know of a really good light-weight vacuum that would work great in the MH on the carpet and hard floor AND will not choke me out when I empty it? Maybe one with a bag. If not with a bag, maybe one that the dirt doesn't collect around the paper filter.

Me and my lungs thank you ahead of time!

Jessica
jthistle

Re: Best Vacuum Cleaner for RV?

Postby Bethers » Sun May 27, 2012 5:09 pm

Here's a recent thread that talked about this - as you'll see, everyone has different ones they like. Took me my 3rd to get one acceptable - for size, etc.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7989&p=100940&hilit=Feathering#p100940
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby jthistle » Sun May 27, 2012 7:50 pm

Thank you Beth. It seems that I had read this thread before but I couldn't find it when I looked again. I guess I just have to go hunting for the right one for me.
jthistle

Postby Bethers » Mon May 28, 2012 1:37 am

jthistle wrote:Thank you Beth. It seems that I had read this thread before but I couldn't find it when I looked again. I guess I just have to go hunting for the right one for me.

I had to search for it, also.... if only we always posted in the right rooms. But we are women - we can change our minds, and we can post anywhere.

Yep - and if you find the perfect one at a low price - please share :)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby oregonrambler1 » Mon May 28, 2012 9:04 am

We have an Oreck canister vac that a friend gave us (she was donating it to goodwill). It's size is perfect because it fits, with all the attachments, in a drawer in the bedroom. Unfortunately though it's only 'ok' on rug. It works for in-between real clean-up days. I have to use the upholstery attachment on the rug to get anything sucked up so that's a pain but I can vacuum all the little nooks and crannies with it. When we get home I bring out the dyson but it's too big to get under the dinette or around the pilot / navigator seats. Hard to find that all-in-one RV vac that works great every time!
Paulette & Mary
Holiday Rambler Admiral
Honda CRV in tow
ImageImage
oregonrambler1

Return to Gadgets and Gizmos