GPS in RV Problem

Useful "things" you've discovered to make your rving life easier.

GPS in RV Problem

Postby jthistle » Wed May 23, 2012 10:59 pm

Hey Ladies,

Is there a tricky spot to put the GPS so it can get a signal in your RV window? I have aClass A and my little GPS can't pick up a signal in the window. You would think there wouldn't be a problem with that huge window. What am I missing?

Thanks!
Jessica
jthistle

Re: GPS in RV Problem

Postby sharon » Thu May 24, 2012 11:26 am

I have a class A also and I put my Garmin gps on the drivers side window with one of those suction cup holders...think I got it at Best buy. Or maybe it came with it....CRS. I also have a 3 way 12 volt connector that sits on the dash so I just string the cord over to that. Think I got that at Wally World. Works great there and since I'm used to looking in that direction to see out my side mirror it's easy to follow.
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby Bethers » Thu May 24, 2012 12:39 pm

It really shouldn't matter where you put it - I get a signal inside houses and in the back of my rv. Sounds like maybe your gps has a problem?
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby sharon » Thu May 24, 2012 12:55 pm

Bethers wrote:It really shouldn't matter where you put it - I get a signal inside houses and in the back of my rv. Sounds like maybe your gps has a problem?

Duh...good thinking Beth! You're probabally right! OK, need more coffee..... :cry:
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby jthistle » Thu May 24, 2012 7:59 pm

My GPS works fine in my car. I just can't pick up a signal in my RV. Any other ideas?

Thanks!
Jessica
jthistle

Postby Bethers » Thu May 24, 2012 10:02 pm

jthistle wrote:My GPS works fine in my car. I just can't pick up a signal in my RV. Any other ideas?

Thanks!
Jessica

Do you have something in the rv that could be blocking the signal? Can't think what could do that - but something must be.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby RVer » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:06 pm

IF it is a Garmin, call them and tell them the problem you are having. IF another manufacturer try calling them, I just know Garmin is very supportive. I think but could be wrong that their tel number is 1800 800 1212 Look it up though.
Sandie
RVer

Return to Gadgets and Gizmos