Wilson Cell Phone Booster

Useful "things" you've discovered to make your rving life easier.

Wilson Cell Phone Booster

Postby sharon » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:38 am

A couple of you gals have asked about the cell phone booster that Birdie turned me on to and I've been raving about. I'm still in love with it after using it in areas I've never been able to use my cell phone before...namely Arkansas and the desert near Niland, Ca. I also use PDANET on my cell to get online when there is no wifi available. Granted, I had trouble staying online in the desert, but at least I was able to make and receive calls, a first for me. In Arkansas, I was able to get and stay online and make and receive calls. I just love it! I got mine at Best Buy in Louisiana, for $100, but I found it online this morning for $80. It was also at Amazon and ebay. Birdie had gotten a home-office kit with hers, but I found all I needed to buy extra was an A/C to computer adaptor. About $10. If you have a Nook, you already have that plug. Figured that out after I bought the adaptor. Wilson also makes a booster that's for phones and data cards, but it's quite a bit more expensive. The antenna is magnetic, so I got an "L" bracket at the hardware store and put it on my window with double stick tape. Worked great! Might have had better reception in the desert if I had put the antenna outside and higher, but I really had no way to do that. Needless to say, I was the most popular gal in camp and had lots of company that week! :D

Pro's: I've already raved about that enough!
Con's: The phone has to be in the cradle for it to work so you have to use a Bluetooth, ear piece or speaker to use it. It was only a pain for me because I brought my Bluetooth but forgot the charger for it. Lesson learned.

http://www.wilsoncellboosters.com/store ... 5226.html/

On edit: The booster has to have power and comes with a 12V car plug...that's why you need the adaptor. The 12V plug line separates so you can use AC.
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Return to Gadgets and Gizmos