LED Lights

Useful "things" you've discovered to make your rving life easier.

LED Lights

Postby Bethers » Thu May 26, 2011 4:06 pm

I'm finally replacing most of my lights in my rig with the LED lights. I've priced and hemmed and hawed long enough. Will not replace all yet, as most of my lights I never use - but purchased 4 of 2 different lumens and like all of them, so will continue buying from this company and get another 10 most likely to use where I use lights the most. They are very cheap looking when I got them, but since I plugged them in, and never figure I'll have to look at them again, no problem :) They do fit tighter into the sockets, so needed a little more finesse to put in, and I had to get one in just right. Had them almost a week now and using over the sofa (light I use the most) and over the sink (next busiest). Will make a great different when boondocking on the pull from my battery.

Here's where I got mine: http://www.prudentrver.com/ledlamps.html#wedge

I need the wedge bulbs, and most of you probably would also, although some of you would use different ones. This was the absolute best price I found - and if you purchase $100 worth or more, make sure to first go to their coupons page and get the code to put in at checkout to receive free shipping. I paid shipping to get the 4 to test. Have avoided getting these because I was avoiding spending the money, but the time has come. (I checked out many websites, including Camping World - CW had the least information on their bulbs - couldn't even find out what the lumens were.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Re: LED Lights

Postby JoanE » Fri May 27, 2011 10:09 pm

Geez, Beth, I have enough things to learn. Now I have to learn about the bulbs in my rig? Guess what I will be looking at tomorrow?
ImageMaggie Mae (Jack Russell "terror")
http://www.emptyponder.blogspot.com
JoanE

Postby avalen » Fri May 27, 2011 11:36 pm

I've read on other forums the popularity of of going LED, but most folks were replacing the whole fixture, now who would have thought I could get just the bulbs and save a few $$$ in my wallet. Thanks for the research Beth, I've wanted to switch my lights out to the LED too.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Bethers » Sat May 28, 2011 8:35 pm

avalen wrote:I've read on other forums the popularity of of going LED, but most folks were replacing the whole fixture, now who would have thought I could get just the bulbs and save a few $$$ in my wallet. Thanks for the research Beth, I've wanted to switch my lights out to the LED too.

No way I was going to replace my fixtures. You know me better than that, my friend - I'm LAZY when it comes to that kind of work. Now, if only they would come down in price more!!! These are way less than when I first was looking tho - and way less than most of the others I priced. I'm happy. They'll save my battery when boondocking, and last so much longer I may not ever have to replace them!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Return to Gadgets and Gizmos