Inverter

Useful "things" you've discovered to make your rving life easier.

Inverter

Postby Gentleladybear » Sat May 21, 2011 5:50 pm

After 5 hours and a chunk of money I have a 600 watt inverter on board now to power my cpap when I am not hooked up to electric and don't want to run the generator. The couple of test runs I have made it seems to work great. Did not have to install extra batteries, which I am happy about. Now I can camp in areas I could not use before. Yeahhhhh.

Nan
Nan
Gentleladybear

Re: Inverter

Postby Bethers » Sat May 21, 2011 6:21 pm

Good deal, Nan. When I'm in AZ this winter, I intend to add solar - which means an invertor, also - and I might get rid of my generator and make that a storage compartment. Thinking on that for now.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BirdbyBird » Sat May 21, 2011 6:56 pm

Yea!....Nan has oxygen :D always a good plan. The inverter adds to the travel (and over nite) choices.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby kdmac » Sat May 21, 2011 7:00 pm

Okay, I'm stupid so I will ask the question...If you didn't have to add batteries and don't have solar panels then was is the inverter inverting?

I would love to get solar panels for Arizona this winter but just can't afford them. Seems so silly to be in all that sun and no solar panels.

I know, lets all contribute $50 to a "pot" once a year or maybe once every six months then one person's name is drawn from a hat and gets to have it...the previous winners names are excluded from any future drawings so everyone gets to win eventually. Just shootin off the top of my head....but sounds fun to me.

The old settlers used to do that...the forerunner of brotherhoods and Order of Elks kind of thing...they did it because no one family ever had enough for emergencies...

Just kidding about it but is sort of an interesting concept for all of us fixed income folks....
kdmac

Postby bluepinecones » Sat May 21, 2011 7:16 pm

Way to go Nan. Know you will enjoy the extra choices an inverter will allow; it is a good emergency back up no matter what.

kd: The inverter runs off the house batteries. They also make inverters that are solar powered.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby cpatinjones » Sun May 22, 2011 8:40 pm

You go, Nan!

I hope to add those one day, too.
Carolyn
35' Cougar 5th Wheel, F-250
Escapees, Good Sam, RVing Women
Slept in my RV
cpatinjones

Postby Gentleladybear » Mon May 23, 2011 5:48 pm

I have two house battieries, so the inverter is inverting battery power to DC power for me to use the cpap. I run the generator for a bit to keep the batteries (2 of them) charged to enable me to use the inverter. If I added solar panels they would be put on to charge the batteries, this would decrease or prevent me from having to run the generator.

Now about that drawing, sounds nice, but I never win anything. So I would be the last one on the list.

Nan
Nan
Gentleladybear

Postby WickedLady » Thu May 26, 2011 11:45 pm

I got my solar panels on Ebay; much cheaper.
WickedLady

Postby Gentleladybear » Fri May 27, 2011 12:04 pm

Did you install those yourself? If so, was it difficult?

Nan
Nan
Gentleladybear

Postby Bethers » Fri May 27, 2011 5:08 pm

I've been doing lots of research on solar panels - it's not the panels that I'm worried about - it's the rest - and having it all installed properly. But I agree about always checking eBay - lots of good deals there!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Return to Gadgets and Gizmos