Cool New Gadgets

Useful "things" you've discovered to make your rving life easier.

Cool New Gadgets

Postby sharon » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:44 am

I'm not big into gadgets but some of these are really cool and they're all under $25. I especially liked the one that turns a bottle of water into a tripod for your camera.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_technews/ ... nder-25%0A
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Re: Cool New Gadgets

Postby bluepinecones » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:55 am

That bottle top tripod is really neat. I like the car inverter as well; may have to have one of those.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby mitch5252 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:47 am

Sharon, QUIT SPENDING MY MONEY!
I have to get three of those things.
Dang you, girl!
Oh, wait - George did $1,000 worth of damage to the lawn mower yesterday; I won't be buying ANYTHING for a while...

mitch5252

Postby AlmostThere » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:58 am

The car power inverter is pretty cool. I don't see having to lug a whole bottle of water around, (I'm sure any less would make it top heavy), plus the attachment in order to have a camera stand as something I'd use. JMHO
AlmostThere

Postby sharon » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:09 pm

mitch5252 wrote:..

Sharon, QUIT SPENDING MY MONEY!
I have to get three of those things.
Dang you, girl!
Oh, wait - George did $1,000 worth of damage to the lawn mower yesterday; I won't be buying ANYTHING for a while...

Beth spends mine all of the time....just spreading the joy a bit! I now have a new oxygenics shower head and a microwave egg poacher.
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby WickedLady » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:48 pm

I couldn't get into the inverter site so don't know the size but I recently purchased a 150W car inverter for $24 plus $7 shipping from The Inverter Store. FYI: Your cigarette lighter will only handle one about 170W; over that needs to be connected directly to the battery.
WickedLady

Postby Excel » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:35 pm

Almost afraid to ask...but....how did George do $1000 damage to lawn mower???? :o
Excel

Postby Bethers » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:01 pm

I've bought a few electric wine openers as gifts for friends and they love them. I have an inverter that I can use off my battery or in my cigarette lighter. Use it sometimes to charge something when traveling. I liked the one Jean had better than mine, though - although mine is supposedly better. Who knows. Mine makes a terrible noise if I leave it on when I turn off the engine, which is good - can't run down the engine battery that way. I couldn't see this one, either - page forbidden, so don't know which one it is. But I do like some of my little gadgets.

Now, I, too, am curious Mitch - you have to tell more than just that he did the damage.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby JudyJB » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:31 pm

I added the electric wine opener to my shopping list on Amazon so I will remember it for my son and his wife.

Neat!
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:19 am

I know what I will be getting my dad for his birthday! The battery jumper gizmo! That would be so convenient in the winter when his car won't start. Nothing worse than being out in -25 below zero temps (which is when the batteries die) and trying to hook up frozen jumper cables!!! Been there, done that, way too many times!
Great idea, and I also like the water bottle tripod.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Redetotry » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:14 pm

Wow what a lot of good ideas thanks!
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby WickedLady » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:47 pm

Barbie: When I lived in N.Dakota I had a block heater installed on my van. That way I just plugged it in using a timer so it came on a few hours before I had to go to work. Very convenient; no jumper cables needed and the van always started even in minus 30 degree temps. That would make a good birthday gift.
WickedLady

Return to Gadgets and Gizmos