The Ultimate Campground Log v6.4.0.0 Update

Useful "things" you've discovered to make your rving life easier.

The Ultimate Campground Log v6.4.0.0 Update

Postby CampingBug » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:41 pm

Thought you might like to know there is a new upgrade to The Ultimate Campground Log.
Version 6.4.0.0 is now released.

You can get it from the website at: http://www.theultimatecampgroundlog.com

There is a new pictures and maps section.
In the Checklist section, checklist buttons on the left side of screen can now be renamed.
A new search option in the welcome screen.
New picture compression. This allows for a smaller database and faster program responce.
New option for creating a database from your database for another user.

51 days (and counting) until the first day of SPRING!!!
CampingBug

Re: The Ultimate Campground Log v6.4.0.0 Update

Postby cpatinjones » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:52 pm

Hi,

I am not familar with this program. How useful is it?
Carolyn
35' Cougar 5th Wheel, F-250
Escapees, Good Sam, RVing Women
Slept in my RV
cpatinjones

Postby flick4411 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:23 am

Reiterating what Carolyn said...what is it and how useful?

Li Lammert
Winnebago Aspect 30C
Cat Owner--or is it Owned by Cats?
(Encino and the Kuwaiti Kitty, Habbibi)
flick4411

Postby mitch5252 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:31 am

Here's are some screenshots from the website. It's a "camping journal".

http://www.theultimatecampgroundlog.com/screen-shots.html

I'm downloading it now (S L O W - dang (A)DSL!! :( )

And Good Morning, everyone! Happy Saturday! Woo-Hoo.

mitch5252

Postby Bethers » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:50 am

Some of you just don't read all the threads :) I posted about her Campground log in her welcome thread - she wasn't sure she should. It's a GREAT way to keep track of campgrounds you visit - the sites you like best, the ones you don't - the cost, etc etc etc. I've just downloaded the first version and played with it so far. Want to have time to go back (after upgrading) and put in lots of cg info that I want to remember - and this will put it at your fingertips.

Right now they don't charge for downloading this - but a donation is accepted - so if you like it and use it - I recommend sending a donation. From what I can see, it was a lot of work for them to do this. And I would imagine, somewhere down the road, they'll start charging.

That said - give it a try - you might dsicover you like it -

And I'm going to move this to the gadgets and gizmos room - as I think we'll find it there easier later.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby mitch5252 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:04 am

I just played with it. It's very well written and well designed. Yes, it's a campground log, not a journal, as I imagined. Allows for an incredible, but not necessary, amount of detail. First glance, I liked it a lot. Too bad I don't camp enough to use it much - I mean, how much information can you put down for your sister's driveway in Godfrey IL?

And yes, Mother, some of us don't read every post on every thread... :shock:

mitch5252

Postby Bethers » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:06 am

mitch5252 wrote:..

I just played with it. It's very well written and well designed. Yes, it's a campground log, not a journal, as I imagined. Allows for an incredible, but not necessary, amount of detail. First glance, I liked it a lot. Too bad I don't camp enough to use it much - I mean, how much information can you put down for your sister's driveway in Godfrey IL?

And yes, Mother, some of us don't read every post on every thread... :shock:

hehehehehe -

Just adding to what Mitch says - when she says not necessary - not a negative, you don't have to put in any more info than you want - but there's room for all of it - if you want it.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Forestgal » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:15 am

I've taken a look at it too. I like all the information they've placed there but probably wouldn't use lots of it. That said, I'm wondering if, after you've filled out what you want, if there's a way to save just that information so you don't have to go through it whenever you want to look something up. Guess I haven't played with it enough yet ...

Anyway, if someone who's filled it out can fill me in I'd appreciate it. Oh! Can you make hard copies of what you've inputted? What does it look like?/

Laura
Forestgal

Postby mitch5252 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:17 am

Bethers wrote:hehehehehe -

Just adding to what Mitch says - when she says not necessary - not a negative, you don't have to put in any more info than you want - but there's room for all of it - if you want it.

I just re-read what I wrote - it did come out as being a negative :oops: . But it's not - there's a place for almost anything you could imagine wanting to record for a campground. But you can input as much or as little as you want. Only a campground name is necessary to add it to the database.

I love the way it looks like an open book; the whole thing is very visually pleasing. Seems to be a very nice program to help you jog your memory for campground details.

I didn't notice - can you add more than one picture per campground?

mitch5252

Postby mitch5252 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:18 am

Forestgal wrote:I've taken a look at it too. I like all the information they've placed there but probably wouldn't use lots of it. That said, I'm wondering if, after you've filled out what you want, if there's a way to save just that information so you don't have to go through it whenever you want to look something up. Guess I haven't played with it enough yet ...

Anyway, if someone who's filled it out can fill me in I'd appreciate it. Oh! Can you make hard copies of what you've inputted? What does it look like?/

Laura

Laura, there's a search feature on the right hand page. I didn't use it yet. But I will.

mitch5252

Postby Bethers » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:34 am

Laura, I haven't attempted to print anything - but yes you can - on the home page, you can highlight cg's you've input and select to print that info out. Can't say what that looks like as I haven't done it - but you can try and take a shot for us :)

Mitch, I put in 3 pics for the 1st cg I did - to see how that worked - so yes, you can put in multiple pics - can even watch them as a slide show :)
Beth
Bethers

Postby BirdbyBird » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:50 am

and maybe another suggestion....I have not traveled to many of the states YET! :D But I am thinking that it would be nice place to note all the reports Birdie and others give for campgrounds that they have found....so when I do make over to those areas I can look up the nice places others have found. :D
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Bethers » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:31 am

Right, Tina - you can use it however it works best for you. I just sat here and put in 3 more cg's, added 3 or more pics for each, info I want to remember - and it only took a few minutes. If I would only do this for every cg I visit - would have a great record. Then, to add in others recommended, etc -

Can add in boondock places, too - just give them a name if they don't have one.
Beth
Bethers

Postby mitch5252 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:09 pm

This is really a neat program, especially for you guys who travel a lot.

I see one thing that slightly annoys me :( = click to EXIT and a confirmation screen always comes up. I would like the option of NOT having that screen pop up - you know - like a little check-box that says "DO NOT SHOW THIS SCREEN AGAIN".

mitch5252

Postby Bethers » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:47 pm

Lots of programs have that exit window - annoys me, too. Now, when my webbuilding program pops up and says "do you want to save changes" first, that I LIKE - lol - as it only says that if they weren't all saved. Otherwise, it closes. Maybe they'll change that in the next version.
Beth
Bethers

Next

Return to Gadgets and Gizmos