Cordless, Rechargeable Dehumidifier

Useful "things" you've discovered to make your rving life easier.

Cordless, Rechargeable Dehumidifier

Postby mitch5252 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:19 pm

I went browsing at a local farm supply store while waiting for The Little Beast to be groomed (Abby, not Vickie).
Saw this item.
Does anyone have any experience with it?
Reviews on Amazon average 4 stars (Eva-Dry Reviews on Amazon)

http://www.eva-dry.com/

mitch5252

Re: Cordless, Rechargeable Dehumidifier

Postby VickieP » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:41 pm

What are you wanting to use it in? I was thinking that you wanted it for your rv during storage, but from the reviews, this one would be too small, don't ya think?
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby mitch5252 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:58 pm

I just searched it on rv.net and a couple of people really like them. One guy has the tiny electric version, and 2 rechargeables for dry camping. He speaks very highly of them. I would like to use them when camping in chillier weather - like when I was on The Girls Trip - Westward Ho (NO, not THAT kind of ho...), the Mobile Marlin had moisture dripping down the walls.

I never heard of them before today. I had used the Damp-Rids, but that got expensive. And now, after seeing what someone in this family has done to our finances, through no real fault of his own, I'm becoming VERY cheap, er - I mean - FRUGAL! :mrgreen:

mitch5252

Postby OutandAbout » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:42 pm

I use to use Damp-Rid at my parents place in FL when they returned to NY. Boy did that get expensive. Would one of those units be enough for your RV? They do look kind of small. Linda
OutandAbout

Postby mitch5252 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:48 pm

The small unit does 100 cubic feet (so a cube 4.64' x 4.64' x 4.64' - not very big).
Maybe two units would help significantly???

mitch5252

Postby OutandAbout » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:15 pm

One unit at each end sounds doable. Linda
OutandAbout

Postby Bethers » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:13 am

I have the Eva-Dry tiny electric one. I love it. Usually only use it when the humidity level is high and I'm keeping windows, etc open still as the temp isn't too hot for me. When it gets too hot and humid, then the air runs, and I haven't needed it. It sure has done it's job for me. And the one little one works pretty good for my little rv. I was having to empty it all the time - so it was obviously collecting!

No experience with the cordless rechargeable one.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Return to Gadgets and Gizmos