Bags On Board

Useful "things" you've discovered to make your rving life easier.

Bags On Board

Postby Bethers » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:44 pm

OK, I have, for years, been using a pouch or tying plastic grocery bags to my dog leash to make sure I have potty bags along. Always said someone should make a fortune on designing a good, inexpensive dog poop carrier - that would be lightweight and easy to use. Didn't know it was out there - but found it, ordered it and LOVE it. Called Bags on Board - just ordered it and refill bags. Amazon (of course) sells them: http://www.amazon.com/Bags-Board-Bone-D ... 066&sr=8-3

I'll even try to remember to take reusable grocery bags to the store with me - and, at least, quit using so many plastic garbage bags.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Re: Bags On Board

Postby retiredhappy » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:35 pm

I would need three of these; one for each dog/leash. I carry one Walmart bag for all three dogs. Oh, the joys of having more than one dog. Have also bought small plastic wastepaper basket liners.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Bethers » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:51 pm

They're cheap - I'd get one for each leash now that I have it and know I like it :)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby AlmostThere » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:21 pm

They sell several kinds of these types in the pet section of my Fred Meyer grocery store.
AlmostThere

Postby WickedLady » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:41 pm

I buy doggy poo bags at the Dollar store....40 for $1
WickedLady

Postby sunshinecruiserTN » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:43 pm

Saw those at Walmart yesterday.

Nan is making a pouch you wear and then when the baggie is full you can place it in there and not have to carry it. There is also room for extra bags. Her idea is to use cheap sandwich bags. Jump in here with pix Nan, just anytime. Maybe she will have some at the FL gtg.
Live, Laugh, Love
TN/FL
sunshinecruiserTN

Postby Bethers » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:59 am

I've been using cheap sandwich bags in a pouch for 3 years. In fact, had just bought more of the cheap sandwich bags. Will find other uses for them, or still use them for that. But I do like this better. The little cansiter holds 30 bags - that's a LOT - And my pouch had a snap on it - got rusty - so had gotten rid of it. I have been thinking about tying on a slightly larger bag to put the poop bag in temporarily. We'll see.

Oh, I've bought the pouches I've used at Goodwill's or other such places. This is working out to be cheaper lol
Beth
Bethers

Postby dpf » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:54 pm

I think I saw those at Wal-Mart.
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby Bethers » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:01 pm

Carolyn, don't get me wrong. The sandwich bags have worked ok - so did the bag I WAs USING. I just like this better :) And those little sandwich bags did not work for Tips. Sometimes I want something bigger for Peaches - so these will work better in that respect. I'll always have the sandwich bags around for back-up. You never know - maybe I'll see how many of them will fit inside and use them for back-up also. Karen (oregonluvr) has 2 of these (1 dog lol) - but has 2 leashes so got one for each leash. She tells me she has also been known to buy the bags at a dollar store - getting ones for babies for their diapers as they are also a less expensive alternative to the bags for these.
Beth
Bethers

Postby OutandAbout » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:16 pm

I've been using these for about 5 years. I have the fire hydrant one. The only thing I don't like is when you pull too much out, it's hard to get it back in the hydrant. Linda
OutandAbout

Postby Gentleladybear » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:59 pm

The idea I have is completely different than what you are using. What do you do with that little bag after the pick up?? Pocket it? Have to carry another bag to put it in? See weekend projects for pictures of my idea using the sandwich bags. It is simply, easy to use and it is on your belt line.

They give you a way to carry empty bags, but no way to carry the used bags, do they think there is a trash can on every corner?
Nan
Gentleladybear

Postby AlmostThere » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:04 pm

The bags I use have handles like plastic grocery bags. That way I can affix it to the handle of my leash after using.
AlmostThere

Postby kelpie » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:42 pm

WalMart does have these but sometimes it's hard to find the refill bags. I also think many pet stores have them. i need a new one since i left my last one in the car my sister rented to take me to VT. lol
Kellie
and Eddie the wonder dog
2000 Four Winds
http://goodsamclub.mytripjournal.com/kelstravels
kelpie

Postby Bethers » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:08 pm

I figured out if I run out of bags - can stuff it full with the cheap sandwich bags I have been using. Won't hold as many - but will hold more than I need. And, as everything else, Amazon sells the bags. The reason I hadn't purchased one before, was finding the bags.
Beth
Bethers

Postby Forestgal » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:51 pm

Nan, I LOVE your idea, but with a 75# dog, his "deposits" are pretty big and I'd rather keep them as far away from my body as possible. :roll: It's bad enough having to pick up so much, you know!

All of the mainline pet stores carry those bags, usually in packages of 6-8 rolls. I've been using them for 4-5 years now (maybe one of the benefits of living in a metro area). Instead of attaching the holder to Jed's leash, I just take 3-4 bags from the roll & loosely tie them to the handle. By the time he's done his business I've untied a bag and am ready to pick it up. Works like a charm for me, and I don't have to worry about transferring the container from one leash to another. I use a retractable around town, but a 6' leather leash when camping. I can tie the bags to the hard handle and to the loop on the leather leash. Quite colorful!

Actually, I've got another little pouch that attaches via velcro to his leash that I can keep bags in. One velcro loop goes through the handle & the other attaches a little lower. By putting one strap through the handle it doesn't slide down the leash (does this make sense?). I don't use it very often, but when I find it I'll take a picture of it so you can see how it works. Nan, I'd love to have something smallish that could be attached to the leash to keep filled-up bags. That way I wouldn't really have to carry it. But it'd have to be fairly good-sized -- he's a big boy! ;)

Laura
Forestgal

Next

Return to Gadgets and Gizmos