Bags On Board

Useful "things" you've discovered to make your rving life easier.

Re: Bags On Board

Postby Bethers » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:33 pm

Laura, just put one on both leashes - then you're always ready no matter which leash you take. Whatever way you want to carry them. And I couldn't have used the sandwich bags with Tips either. Oh my lolol Probably couldn't have with Moxie, either. Peaches - they work - but I like these bags better. Bigger means I can tie the ends after she's done - a big plus :)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BirdbyBird » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:57 am

And i have seen cloth/canvas "Bags" for sale that attach to the leash at the Pet Expo here in Cincinnati made to put the "Poo Bag" in on walks were ....as we all know...we are not always near the trash can! :roll: :lol: I think attaching to a belt or a fanny pack strap would suit me better... especially on longer hikes.... :) with the double layers I would feel much safer..... :?
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Getupngo » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:32 pm

sunshinecruiserTN wrote:... Her idea is to use cheap sandwich bags ...

I just put cheap zip-close sandwich bags in my pocket. You get 100 or 150 for a few bucks. Works especially well with a small dog. For a Rottie I'd have to re-think it. Maybe quart bags! :lol: :lol:
Janice traveling solo in a 2008 Four Winds Windsport
Navigator: Annie the miniature poodle
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Postby Mollysmom » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:53 pm

I do like those little holders Beth - I think they're great.
I now use a Flexi Lead for Molly and found this http://www.amazon.com/Flexi-LB-Leash-Accessory-Bag-Black/dp/B0002DH396
and it's great ... there are two little compartments, I use one for poo sacks and the other can be used for my cell phone or tissue or whatever else I want to carry along. Since Molly is little, a used bag of poo will fit back in one of the compartments if needed. Of course it's not great when I forget it's in there (or in my coat pocket) bring it inside and spend the next hours trying to find out where the poop smell is coming from !!
Mollysmom

Postby Bethers » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:44 pm

Trudy, thank you THANK YOU. I'm going to have to replace the one I just got with that one. It's awesome. I love it. Carry my phone when I go on a hike - how kewl is that. Handsfree and pocketfree.

Ha - just went and ordered it - along with a dvd I wanted, but didn't want to spend the money for and another little something I had in my cart. Amazon pays me - I give it back :)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Mollysmom » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:35 am

I'm happy you like it Beth - glad I shared :D
Mollysmom

Postby MrsHomeSweetRoam » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:52 pm

We've been buying variations of this product for years. We practice picking up after our dogs- even though so many don't! I do wish they made the bags in an option of half the size, though, as we never need that much bag- so wasteful. But it's the law to pick up after your pet...and this is the most convenient way to carry bags. We do have several, attached to several leash sets- as we like to change out their look on whim.
Gena, traveling with her husband Russell and their "velcro dogs" Mike and Hazen.
Follow along as they grow and learn and live out their dream; http://www.HomeSweetRoam.com
MrsHomeSweetRoam

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:50 pm

Very interesting....all these different ideas for poop bag holders and dispensers.. ;) ..but since I have a DH who's mission it is to go to the store almost everyday, buy something and bring it back in a plastic bag.. :roll:.... .well, I always have "poop bags" for Spinner.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby MrsHomeSweetRoam » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:58 pm

rvgrammy1953 wrote:Very interesting....all these different ideas for poop bag holders and dispensers.. ;) ..but since I have a DH who's mission it is to go to the store almost everyday, buy something and bring it back in a plastic bag.. :roll:.... .well, I always have "poop bags" for Spinner.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: Funny. We've been limiting our plastic bags to how many on hand we have- then we use them for trash bags -so we never have to buy trash bags. :lol: We have a ton of the reusable bags but half the time we forget them in the wrong vehicle. :oops:
Gena, traveling with her husband Russell and their "velcro dogs" Mike and Hazen.
Follow along as they grow and learn and live out their dream; http://www.HomeSweetRoam.com
MrsHomeSweetRoam

Postby Sandersmr » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:50 am

I keep a stash of grocery bags in the trailer. The only garbage can that fits anywhere in the trailer is a small bathroom can - grocery bags fit perfectly. And my two 4 legged guys leave me much bigger presents than what I could easily pick up with those bags on board. When I take both for a walk, I have to take 2 per dog plus an extra just in case because they love to wait until I get the knot tied and then"gotta go some more!!!"
Last edited by Sandersmr on Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maggie, Oscar and Jasmine (and sometimes Mark)
2002 F-150 Supercrew
2010 Sportsmen Classic 16BH
Sandersmr

Postby OregonLuvr » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:08 pm

I buy mine at the Dollar store. I buy 2 different kinds. 50 count for a dollar in the pet section. In the baby section I buy the diaper bags (peach) 75ct for a dollar. AND they are scented ha ha. They are fairly thin but hey I have a small dog = small poop. I also have a bag holder attached to my leash but try to just always stuff a couple bags in my pockets....I find quite a few bags in the washer!!!! They float real good HAH

karen
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby MrsHomeSweetRoam » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:38 pm

OregonLuvr wrote:I buy mine at the Dollar store. I buy 2 different kinds. 50 count for a dollar in the pet section. In the baby section I buy the diaper bags (peach) 75ct for a dollar. AND they are scented ha ha. They are fairly thin but hey I have a small dog = small poop. I also have a bag holder attached to my leash but try to just always stuff a couple bags in my pockets....I find quite a few bags in the washer!!!! They float real good HAH

karen

Good ideas. Yea, most the time I put my hand in my pocket and find a random bag. :lol:
MrsHomeSweetRoam

Previous

Return to Gadgets and Gizmos