Another Internet and MIFI option

Useful "things" you've discovered to make your rving life easier.

Re: Another Internet and MIFI option

Postby JoySpice » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:23 pm

Thanks Ladies....
Mitch.... I looked at the Virgin Mobil site.. Sooo, which one intrests you... The MiFi 2200 for $129.99 or the Ovation MC760 usb device for $79.99? I wasn't sure if both of these would work with a laptop or not..

I'm gonna look up the Cricket Crosswave too...
JoySpice

Postby Bethers » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:47 pm

JoySpice wrote:Thanks Ladies....
Mitch.... I looked at the Virgin Mobil site.. Sooo, which one intrests you... The MiFi 2200 for $129.99 or the Ovation MC760 usb device for $79.99? I wasn't sure if both of these would work with a laptop or not..

I'm gonna look up the Cricket Crosswave too...

Make sure either of those will work where you want to travel. I can't go with the Sprint network until they catch up better on the road, which is unfortunate, because those are some of the best deals.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby WickedLady » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:27 pm

T Mobile seems to have some fairly good options and coverage.
WickedLady

Postby Bethers » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:46 pm

WickedLady wrote:T Mobile seems to have some fairly good options and coverage.

I loved T Mobile before I went full-time. Like Sprint, wish there coverage would get even better. Just checked them before my change - wouldn't work for me, but for those they do work for, loved them.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby JoySpice » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:20 pm

I looked at some other options as well. None of them seemed to be what we would need. I may do further research on them, but for now, we'll wing it I guess. Can't really afford the extra thing right now any way. We have some things we need to do to the RV first..
Thanks Ladies for the input.....
JoySpice

Previous

Return to Gadgets and Gizmos