Space Bags

Useful "things" you've discovered to make your rving life easier.

Space Bags

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:08 pm

Just wondering if any of you have ever used the Space Bags for storing things. I am thinking of ordering some for my trip but wanted to see if anyone here has an opinion about/experience with them? I would use them for clothes, bedding, sleeping bag, etc. to make extra room in my car.

Here's a link to the webpage:
https://www.spacebag.com/10/Default.aspx?mid=563894
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Re: Space Bags

Postby Bethers » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:09 pm

I have one - and it does make what's in it much smaller - would probably be great for you packing for your trip. I don't want many in the rv - as I really don't need to have more than what fits. I use the one I have for some heavy things I don't need in the summer - is nice.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby cpatinjones » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:03 pm

One of my sisters uses them when traveling. She likes hers.
Carolyn
35' Cougar 5th Wheel, F-250
Escapees, Good Sam, RVing Women
Slept in my RV
cpatinjones

Postby VickieP » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:06 pm

I've thought about using them when packing for a long trip, but once it's open you need to vacuum it back flat from what I understand. Unless you can lay on it and roll and get the air out that way. :roll: :lol:
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby sunshinecruiserTN » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:15 pm

Where would I be w/out my space bags. I use them for winter clothes (sweats & things like that.) I have a memory foam mattress I put on my sofa when I have company and I have it in one and that saves a tremendous amount of space and weight, believe it or not. Yep, I like my space bags. A word of caution though, they go bad easily. Meaning they don't keep their seal over a long period of time. I've had some that were just defective and didn't work the first time, the one for the mattress has been a good one. It's one of the extra large ones. Hope that helps.
Live, Laugh, Love
TN/FL
sunshinecruiserTN

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:20 pm

I just ordered a set of them; 3 large, 3 med, 3 extra large and one big tote, all for only $19.99! (They nail you on the shipping tho :roll: )

That should help with space issues since I have a small car. And Mitch, I do believe you can roll them up too, to get the air out.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby sunshinecruiserTN » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:23 pm

When I cruise I throw in a couple of the travel bags and put my dirties in and roll those up. Works almost as well as a vacumn cleaner.
Live, Laugh, Love
TN/FL
sunshinecruiserTN

Postby VickieP » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:37 pm

BarbaraRose wrote: And Mitch, I do believe you can roll them up too, to get the air out.

Bite your tongue! :lol:
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:57 pm

Sorry! I get you two red-headed doofus's mixed up sometimes!

-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby sharon » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:13 pm

sunshinecruiserTN wrote:Where would I be w/out my space bags. I use them for winter clothes (sweats & things like that.) I have a memory foam mattress I put on my sofa when I have company and I have it in one and that saves a tremendous amount of space and weight, believe it or not. Yep, I like my space bags. A word of caution though, they go bad easily. Meaning they don't keep their seal over a long period of time. I've had some that were just defective and didn't work the first time, the one for the mattress has been a good one. It's one of the extra large ones. Hope that helps.

Yeah, what she said...
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:26 pm

I did read some reviews that said they don't all keep the air out well, but I won't need them all, so hopefully, most of them will work OK for the trip. After that, I don't care.

-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby bikerchic777 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:06 pm

I think they are a good idea ;) Holly had clothes in one for their trip to St. Louis, but it didn't hold and poofed up. She normally likes them, though.
Linda, Rags, and Brutus full-timing it in our 2017 Winnebago Micro Mini, Thumbelina.

When life throws you a curve, lean into it!
bikerchic777

Postby Bethers » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:36 am

I guess I got a good one - only have one - and it's always worked really well. Course, if it ever pops while I'm driving - will probably scare the heck out of me- unless they go with a slow leak.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby sharon » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:45 am

Bethers wrote:I guess I got a good one - only have one - and it's always worked really well. Course, if it ever pops while I'm driving - will probably scare the heck out of me- unless they go with a slow leak.

They go with a slow leak...never had one explode on me yet. I think you're safe! :D
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby OutandAbout » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:12 pm

When the bags work, they are great. I'm averaging about 50-50. Good idea for your trip. Linda
OutandAbout

Next

Return to Gadgets and Gizmos