Little Television

Useful "things" you've discovered to make your rving life easier.

Little Television

Postby mitch5252 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:31 pm

I've purchased (and returned) two junky small battery operated televisions (I think they were both 7") in the last year. I only remember the name of one - Haier.

So, several hours ago, I just received this little beauty. I can't tell you the difference in quality - it just feels and looks well made (certainly better than the previous two).

Some reviewers complained about reception...come on - I'm smack-dab in the middle of absolutely nowhere and I got 5 channels. The picture is beautiful (when hooked up to satellite), the remote is fully functional, and I'm excited to take it on a camping trip soon!

TV also has a Memory Card slot and a USB slot (comes with a UBS input adapter). I've used it for JPGs and music; I'm having a little trouble with movies right now.

Anyway, thought you'd like to hear about this long-awaited gem. It was $67 at Walmart online, free shipping to home, local tax.

mitch5252

Re: Little Television

Postby VickieP » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:48 pm

How cute, a little tv for a little person, do you have to stand on a stool to see it when it's sitting on the floor? :o :lol: :lol:
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:02 pm

VickieP wrote:How cute, a little tv for a little person, do you have to stand on a stool to see it when it's sitting on the floor? :o :lol: :lol:

Oooooh! You're pushing your luck with that one! :o :lol: :lol:
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby mitch5252 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:17 am

VickieP wrote:How cute, a little tv for a little person, do you have to stand on a stool to see it when it's sitting on the floor? :o :lol: :lol:

The ONLY time I'll have to stand on a stool is when I reach up to your face to slap it...

mitch5252

Postby shnz821 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:24 pm

Hi! For some reason I can't open that little blue icon in the original post (assuming it's a link?). I'm curious about the tv, as my new tt doesn't come with one. Is this a battery operated one? Or 12v?
2007 Itasca Navion 23H
shnz821

Postby sharon » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:12 pm

shnz821 wrote:Hi! For some reason I can't open that little blue icon in the original post (assuming it's a link?). I'm curious about the tv, as my new tt doesn't come with one. Is this a battery operated one? Or 12v?

Doofus probably deleted the photo off of PB.....

Good one Vickie! :lol:
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby Bethers » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:39 pm

shnz821 wrote:Hi! For some reason I can't open that little blue icon in the original post (assuming it's a link?). I'm curious about the tv, as my new tt doesn't come with one. Is this a battery operated one? Or 12v?

Hopefully Mitch will come on and give the info. But you could probably get any tv. I replaced mine a couple years ago with a flat screen - which I also purchased an arm for that is mounted - and I love. Lightweight. But it's not battery operated. Need electric to run mine.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby bluepinecones » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:43 pm

I cannot see the image/link either. Okay, Mitch, please try again
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby VickieP » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:01 pm

She originally posted this in July of last year and has since probably removed it from PB, like Sharon said.
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby mitch5252 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:46 pm

I've been offline for a couple of days. But here's the tv that was posted on my PhotoBucket.
It's only 7", you know...battery and 120v operation.
It's MY tv...George, of course, has the 17" one!! ;)

mitch5252

Postby shnz821 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:58 pm

Ok, I was wondering exactly how big it would be since it's battery powered. 7" would be a little small for what I'm seeking. My new TT has all the hookups for a TV, but doesn't have a TV yet. There is a small cabinet/cubby, but I think I'll use that for storage and get a flat screen with a wall mount that can flip around sideways to be viewed in the living area or from the bunk. I know the unit has a crank antenna, but I'm not sure if i'll need to purchase something in addition to that, in order to pick up channels at the cg. Mainly I'd be interested in picking up local channels to check on the weather and such. My focus will not be on TV watching while I'm camping! Unless it's a rainy day and I'm stuck indoors.

Sorry for stirring up an older thread, but I was curious...
2007 Itasca Navion 23H
shnz821

Postby Bethers » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:05 pm

If your tv is plugged in properly, you simply have to put the antenna up and then set the tv to find channels. If there are any to be found, you'll have them. If you are at a cg with cable, then you use that. I love having added the arm and using a flat screen - my old tv cabinet is now a storage cabinet also.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Forestgal » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:26 pm

shnz821 wrote:Ok, I was wondering exactly how big it would be since it's battery powered. 7" would be a little small for what I'm seeking. My new TT has all the hookups for a TV, but doesn't have a TV yet. There is a small cabinet/cubby, but I think I'll use that for storage and get a flat screen with a wall mount that can flip around sideways to be viewed in the living area or from the bunk. I know the unit has a crank antenna, but I'm not sure if i'll need to purchase something in addition to that, in order to pick up channels at the cg. Mainly I'd be interested in picking up local channels to check on the weather and such. My focus will not be on TV watching while I'm camping! Unless it's a rainy day and I'm stuck indoors.

Sorry for stirring up an older thread, but I was curious...

Jensen makes a flat-screen, 12V or AC television that's wonderful. I've got one in my trailer, and it has its own entertainment system that includes a combo CD/DVD player with an AM/FM radio, USB hook-up, and even the ability to hook up an iPod -- if you have the right kind of iPod. I love it.
Forestgal

Postby shnz821 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:03 am

I just saw the Jensen in a Coleman trailer they had setup on display at the dealer yesterday. It looks to be the perfect size..only I'd want something with integrated DVD too. I'll have to do some online research to find one of these. Thanks again for all the info! ;)
2007 Itasca Navion 23H
shnz821

Postby mitch5252 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:36 am

mitch5252

Next

Return to Gadgets and Gizmos