Little Television

Useful "things" you've discovered to make your rving life easier.

Re: Little Television

Postby shnz821 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:09 pm

Nice! Thanks for the link Mitch!
2007 Itasca Navion 23H
shnz821

Re: Little Television

Postby Nasoosie » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:36 am

I bought my little/medium TV from a truck stop store----Flying J, I believe. It runs on 12 volt DC ciggie lighter cord plug, AC with the converter cord that came with it, has a built-in DVD player, a slot for an SD card, and lots of inputs and outputs. I have loved it. If I could recall the name of it, I would tell you all, but I will have to wait until I get back to the trailer. I'll take some photos of it, too. I get over 57 channels over the air for free using just my antenna on the top of the trailer back in St. Cloud.....HD channels, for the most part! I can almost think of the name of it, but my ability with names is notoriously horrible! WAIT-----I think I see NASA in my mind....let me go check the internet for it!

I was close-----it's NAXA, and here's a link to the site:
http://www.truckers-store.com/store-pro ... 48756.html

I think I got the 19 inch model, but possibly the 15.6 model. At any rate, I love it. It is, however, pretty directional. I have to prop it at a certain angle to watch it down in my bed from the shelf at the end of the bed. It works great.

On that same website for trucker supplies, I also bought the Supersonic model shown here:
http://www.truckers-store.com/store-pro ... 62871.html

I use this litle TV at the leanto and in the truck camper top. I also use it out in the screen room here, and it picks up a ton of channels with its teensy little portable antenna. (Which I broke the first day I had it and now have it taped up!) If it was hooked to cable or a real antenna, it would get tons more. You can carry it around using its built-in rechargable battery. And it also plays your CDs and DVDs.
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Previous

Return to Gadgets and Gizmos