FURminator

Useful "things" you've discovered to make your rving life easier.

FURminator

Postby Bethers » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:16 am

If you have a dog or cat that needs combing/brushing - check out the FURminator, made in different sizes and they have them specifically for cats or dogs. I bought the very basic one: FURminator on Amazon. That's the one I bought - but Amazon was shipping and I got free shipping. If I was doing it again, I might go for this one: FURminator w/FURejector. But what I bought works great and I LOVE it. Peaches likes it. Got it yesterday, did a quick brush last night and just did another now. She's one soft, fluffy dog.

Ha, I sound like a sales rep, don't I? But I do believe in passing on when a product works - and giving Karen (OregonLuvr) credit for passing it on to me!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Re: FURminator

Postby avalen » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:22 am

really is a good product, daughter got one for her cat and even uses it on her
chi' mix.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby mitch5252 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:24 am

Thanks! I just forwarded the links to three people with shedding dogs.
mitch5252

Postby BirdbyBird » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:06 am

It does work differently depending upon the coat of the particular animal. I borrowed one from a co-worker when I was working at the vet cinic that one year. It worked on some but not all and....no better than several of my other "stripping combs/knives" Then again my arsenal of tools is larger than mosts. It has been a long time since I managed to bring home a short haired dog to live with.....need to work on that. So...I have been stripping out undercoat for years...:=) ....PS: when I go to the Golden Retreiver Rescue activities.....my hands twitch when I see some of the grooming. I so want to get all that hot undercoat out and trim up the feathers to proportions that make the dogs look balanced and handsome. :roll: Let Peaches know we thought she was pretty and fluffy before so now she must be spectacular! :D
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby OutandAbout » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:45 am

I love the Furminator. It works great on my shepherd/lab mix. I also use it on my little ones, as they seem to shed quite a bit as well. Linda
OutandAbout

Postby Bethers » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:18 pm

Aw, thanks, Tina. I must say when Tips was alive, I bought dozens of different combs and brushes - he hated all but one brush - and just tolerated it. I even tried some horse combs as I was told those would be gentler on his skin - didn't work. Peaches has also been fussy. She runs and hides if I open the cabinet her brush is kept in - even thought she tolerated it. This, is the first she actually seems to enjoy.

I'm sure there are brands that do the same - some better, some worse, but this is the first I've found that works on undercoats and feels good to Peaches. I wonder if Tips would have liked it. He hated baths at groomers - cuz he hated every brush or comb any of them used.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BirdbyBird » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:35 pm

It matters to them, you are right.....Just like us some are much more sensitive than others..... If Blondie just thinks she has a mat you will hear her complain about the comb in my hand before I even touch her :roll: That is usually enough to make me "find" the mat I hadn't realized was there! :lol:
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Return to Gadgets and Gizmos