Thermacell Insect Repellent

Useful "things" you've discovered to make your rving life easier.

Re: Thermacell Insect Repellent

Postby cpatinjones » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:16 pm

Hi,

I recently purchased the same gadget (thermacell insect repellent) Vicki purchased. I have not had a chance to use mine, either. So, Vicki, have you used it yet?
Carolyn
35' Cougar 5th Wheel, F-250
Escapees, Good Sam, RVing Women
Slept in my RV
cpatinjones

Postby VickieP » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:10 pm

No :( I still haven't had the chance to try it, the wind was blowing so hard today the poor skeeters didn't have a chance, they probably got blown to Florida! Hey Carolyn, did ya feel them? :lol: I could catch some, tie a note on them and you could read it tomorrow as hard as the wind was. It's supposed to be better tomorrow. I can't believe you guys, I'm actually hoping for mosquitoes, just so I can test this gadget out for yall! :roll: Such devotion to the Sistah's. LOL, as I was typing that last sentence I looked back and had typed "Suck" devotion to the Sistah's, was that a Freudian slip? :lol:
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby sunshinecruiserTN » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:32 am

VickieP wrote:No :( I still haven't had the chance to try it, the wind was blowing so hard today the poor skeeters didn't have a chance, they probably got blown to Florida! Hey Carolyn, did ya feel them? :lol: I could catch some, tie a note on them and you could read it tomorrow as hard as the wind was. It's supposed to be better tomorrow. I can't believe you guys, I'm actually hoping for mosquitoes, just so I can test this gadget out for yall! :roll: Such devotion to the Sistah's. LOL, as I was typing that last sentence I looked back and had typed "Suck" devotion to the Sistah's, was that a Freudian slip? :lol:

Gee Thanks, Vickie, now I know what Mitch feels like getting picked on. Those "suckers" really take a bite out of ya and then the results hang around for DAYS. :lol: :lol:
Live, Laugh, Love
TN/FL
sunshinecruiserTN

Postby VickieP » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:50 pm

Okay Ladies the first test is done and the results are in................drum roll please! :roll:
I tried the Thermacell tonight, very slight wind, just at dusk. When the mosquitoes started buzzing I put it out on the picnic table. It seems to work pretty good. Ronnie and I didn't have any more bother us, but Maggie (Ronnie's niece) had just came from the shower and had some kind of sweet smelling lotion on her sunburn and she still got a few bites. So there it is, it may or may not work for you! :? :lol:

When we use it again, I'll update the results.
VickieP

VickieP

Postby sunshinecruiserTN » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:16 pm

Thanks for the update, Vickie. I've decided I've gotta try it, otherwise I'll be one big (operative word, big) skeeter bite. :lol:
Live, Laugh, Love
TN/FL
sunshinecruiserTN

Postby VickieP » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:28 pm

We used it again tonight when Liz was here and it seemed to work very well, I don't think any of us got bit, so I give it a thumbs up!
VickieP

VickieP

Postby Cedar518 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:12 pm

Soosie tells it like it is,.....

but those of us who have lived here for many years don't seem to get bitten or itch like tourists do. Guess it's that immunity thing.

Off with deet is the product to get,... if you can't get the official and old time "Woodsman's" repellant. LOVE the smell of Woodsman's. Well, I also like the smell of Hopps 9 too (used for cleaning rifles)... just the Adirondack gal in me, I guess! :lol:
Cedar518

Postby catkins » Sat May 01, 2010 9:38 am

We purchased one and used it last summer in Alaska. IT WORKS!! We set it out for about ten minutes before we went outside, as directed to do. Directions say to sit it on a flat surface. We sat out side chatting and had no mosquitos around us. Others sitting a short ways from us were swapping at bugs. It has an effective radius of something like 10' for the small unit we had The pads and cartridges are pricey but since I usually "call" mosquitoes from three counties away and feed them all, I give it two thumbs up!
catkins

Previous

Return to Gadgets and Gizmos