Getting connected and UN-connected

Useful "things" you've discovered to make your rving life easier.

Getting connected and UN-connected

Postby Getupngo » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:06 am

What I hate most about setting up and taking down is trying to screw on and then remove hose & cable fittings. By the time I'm done my hands hurt (especially in the c-c-c-cold!). My water connection is especially hard to connect. Coil 'n' Wrap has some things I really like:

TV cable quick-connects -- I just slide the connectors on and off ... none of this trying to slide the needle in, then turn-turn-turn the screw connector.

I also love the Hose & Faucet Connector. When traveling in freezing weather, this is a life-saver.

If any of you turn the air blue while trying to get your cables un-plugged from adapter cables & receptacles, this is what I use. I cannot muster up the hand strength to separate those things.
Janice traveling solo in a 2008 Four Winds Windsport
Navigator: Annie the miniature poodle
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Re: Getting connected and UN-connected

Postby retiredhappy » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:06 am

I LOVE those tv cable quick connects BUT when I was having problems with poor signal my TV guy came out and the first thing he did was take off those connectors. BOO HOO!!!!! He said IF you're having picture problems its most likely those things. Just so you know if you're having any picture problems. He's a real kill joy.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Excel » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:20 pm

OOOPPPSSSS!!! Just ordered mine for my TV cables.... :o
Already have quick connects for my water....cheap too...About $4.00 at Home Depot.....
Excel

Postby relaxing101 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:43 am

:roll: I have to agree with Karen. I have the quick connects on my TV cable but when I have a 'poor picture' problem, the first thing that I do is try connecting without them and 'sometimes' that is the problem. But I definitely prefer to use them if I can, particularly with the connection to the RV.

Excel - I will have to try those water quick-connects from Home Depot. Now that is the connection that I have the most problems with!

Bonnie
Life is a maze full of choices! Choose your path wisely!
relaxing101

Postby Excel » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:33 pm

Brass Quick Connect Fitting
Quick Connects make water hookup easy.

Catalog #1269 at Camping World website
I've tried to copy the picture of it, but have been unable to do so...If you take the time to check this out, you'll see what I mean...

I've tried checking all over the web in order to copy a picture...as the picture speaks for itself, but have just not been able to...Maybe Beth can figure it out, but I haven't been able to. However, my comments on this device, is that it is absolutely a fine product. I have no trouble hooking up my water now (on the RV) and use several for my hose bibs here at my stick house. They are terrific...
Excel

Postby Excel » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:52 pm

Janice...My TV cable quick connects came today... Already put them on my cable connection...they are great & just pop right on....I sure hope they work as I usually (dread) and have a horrible time connecting to cable.
Guess I have to go somewhere real soon .... 8-) in order to check them out & report back...Anyway, just wanted to thank you for sharing that info.. as even if they work only part of the time, they're worth every dime.....thanks 8-)
Excel

Postby Bethers » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:20 pm

I had bad luck with the water connector - mine didn't work after the first use - but I blame a faulty one - and have always intended to replace it. I hate connecting my water - will probably get the cable quick connects at some time also.

As to the picture - when you're on the website with the picture, you'll need to copy and save the pic (right click on the picture and elect to "save as" - then name it and pick where on your computer to save it. Then you'll have to go to Photobucket (or another online service) to upload the picture to use on the forum.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Return to Gadgets and Gizmos