Washeze - Detergent, Softener & Dryer Sheet All-In-One

Useful "things" you've discovered to make your rving life easier.

Washeze - Detergent, Softener & Dryer Sheet All-In-One

Postby mitch5252 » Thu May 14, 2009 3:43 pm

For those of you with limited storage in your units, you might want to give these little 3-In-1 laundry sheets a try. We used them on ou All-Girl Westward Ho trip last May since we were concerned about both storage weight and volume. They were great.

http://www.washeze.com/products-original.php

mitch5252

Re: Washeze - Detergent, Softener & Dryer Sheet All-In-One

Postby Nasoosie » Fri May 29, 2009 1:36 pm

How neat can this be! I will surely give it a try! Even when I wash by hand in a basin, it should be great. Such a good tip!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby retiredhappy » Fri May 29, 2009 2:41 pm

Just saw an ad on TV the other day for same thing but made by, I think, Purex so should be available in the stores.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby AlmostThere » Sat May 30, 2009 9:10 am

Makes you wonder how there could be any softener left on the sheet after going through a wash/rinse cycle. Interesting!
AlmostThere

Postby mitch5252 » Sat May 30, 2009 4:09 pm

I saw it on Fox News this morning, too. Here's a link to the site:

http://www.purex.com/purex-3-in-1/product
mitch5252

Postby Bethers » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:16 am

I'm going to keep an eye out in Walmart for the Purex ones - if they have the Pure and Clean - will probably try them. Not sure I understand how the pure and clean are hypoallergenic with a "clean scent" - as anything scented isn't hypoallergenic in my book, but think it'll be close enough. Only other obstacle for me would be cost - but this is a time where convenience probably will win out for me. Course, I currently have an almost full bottle of detergent and a full box of dryer sheets.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby mitch5252 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:02 am

I just found this product review at http://www.goodgollymissblondie.com/2009/05/purex-3-in-1-sheets.html site. It's a glowing review. I can't wait to try them. Especially for the no-bleach necessary part!!

Here's the review:

Saturday, May 30, 2009
Purex 3-in-1 Sheets

I unfortunately did not get chosen to be a Purex Insider. I did, however, get the opportunity to test out their new Purex Complete 3-in-1 Laundry sheets. It's a single sheet with detergent, softener, and anti-static all in one. No more pouring, no more buying big heavy bottles, no measuring, and no more messes. It completely simplifies the way we do laundry. I hate doing laundry, so anything that makes it much easier to do I'll try.

They are extremely simple to use:

Just drop the sheet in the washer (standard or high-efficiency), the blue detergent portion of the sheet is released during the wash cycle.

Once the wash cycle is completely, transfer the laundry sheet with your clothes to the dryer.

The color stripe is heat activated by the dryer to soften and remove static. That's it!
I received the Spring Oasis scent, which I could smell through the box and thought, "this is gonna be overpowering." Honestly, I was very skeptical as to how well my clothes would get clean with just one sheet to do all the work. But as a reviewer, I'm open to anything. I did two loads of laundry. One white load and one bright colors. Usually with the whites, because of how black Hunters socks get, I add a TON of bleach. I decided not to use any bleach at all so I could really just test out the Purex sheets. It was so much easier doing my laundry without the multiple products you can't even imagine. I just dropped the sheet into the washer and never thought about it again. It got all mixed in with my clothes, so when i threw the clothes in the dryer I never even saw it. Of course, i double checked the washer to make sure there were no missing socks, so I knew the sheet had made it into the dryer.

The Results: My whites came out whiter than they normally do when I add bleach. I was shocked! And my bright colors were still nice and bright. The scent was NOT overpowering on my clothes at all. In fact, my clothes smelled so good. My clothes were clean and soft and static free.

So overall, I was really impressed with these laundry sheets. I even told the girls on the Momdot forum how much I loved them, and some of them who also tried them agreed. I will proudly say, that Purex has turned me into a believer and a customer! I will be using these sheets from now on to do my laundry. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them!
mitch5252

Postby kelpie » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:06 pm

I saw these at my local super Wal-mart, not sure if they have them at all location. Like $5.97 for a box, not sure how many loads.
Kellie
and Eddie the wonder dog
2000 Four Winds
http://goodsamclub.mytripjournal.com/kelstravels
kelpie

Postby Barbzeee » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:43 pm

Kellie,, I had the pleasure of trying these out.. They worked great.. Yep, I definitely would say.. way to go when traveling.. no mess, no bottles. no spills.... and boy that wasn't hard...

Enjoy...

God Bless
Zeee

Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Postby mitch5252 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:38 pm

Here is an email I sent to my two of my girlfriends who live back north last week, referring to the Purex 3-in-1 Laundry Sheets:

OMG - they worked great on my load of whites. Just one Purex sheet, I didn't add any bleach. The whites are really white! I'm very amazed. I'll probably use these when my current stash of laundry aids runs out!

It was a small load. I wonder how it will work on large loads?

Sparky, you missed Phyllie's reply - she just bought laundry detergent and softener this weekend, on sale, and the cost per load was $0.22, so just under $0.03 per load more for the Purex sheet, but you'd save a LITTLE by not having to use bleach.

One wonders why the cost is higher than standard stuff considering MUCH less packaging and even LESS shipping weight??? Guess they have to recoup the cost of R&D!

Very cool new product. Sound like a Purex salesperson, don't I? :)

The initial purchase includes 20 sheets, refills contain 24. My figures were based on 24 sheets.

Michelle

mitch5252

Postby kelpie » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:39 pm

I wonder how my college son might like these- he doesn't do bleach and his whites show it.
Kellie
and Eddie the wonder dog
2000 Four Winds
http://goodsamclub.mytripjournal.com/kelstravels
kelpie

Postby Nasoosie » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:48 am

I can't wait to try these out---my local Grand Union store doesn't have them as yet, so will have to look for them when I get to another store. Perhaps Price Chopper in Lake Placid will carry them.
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby asirimarco » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:21 am

using some right now - will let you know. Got them at WalMart - 5.97 for box - 20 loads per box.
I'm doing a big load of whites. Great idea for washer/dryer combo in motorhome if they work.
asirimarco

Postby AlmostThere » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:42 am

I saw a commercial on TV about these so they will be getting popular now. Yes, let us know how you like them Carole. I'm worried about using them if they contain enough bleach to whiten whites, what will it do to colors after a few washings?
AlmostThere

Postby mitch5252 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:07 pm

AlmostThere wrote:I saw a commercial on TV about these so they will be getting popular now. Yes, let us know how you like them Carole. I'm worried about using them if they contain enough bleach to whiten whites, what will it do to colors after a few washings?

That was really a good question. I went to the Purex website and could not find that they contained bleach. All I found was 10x concentrated laundry detergent. I guess it worked well on my whites because we have WONDERFUL well water here in TN (unlike well water from Winfield, IL which came out of the faucet gold even with an almost professional type water treatment plant in basement!) and they don't get too dirty. I have a few pair of low-cut socks that I walk around without shoes with lotion on my feet - I think those are way beyond help - the bottoms are a perpetual gray! :)

So, I'll be anxious to hear Carole's experience, too! At the very least, they'll be great for camping!
mitch5252

Next

Return to Gadgets and Gizmos