Sensor Push fridge monitor

Useful "things" you've discovered to make your rving life easier.

Sensor Push fridge monitor

Postby MandysMom » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:04 am

Because of that neat gadget I discovered my fridge is not only having issues keeping up with the valley heat, plus when turned to gas mode pilot lights and fridge shows that but in fact the burner never actually came on. So I'm stuck with DC and 110 until I can find someone on the road to check it. Linda McVey, bless her heart drove over tonight to help trouble shoot and we used compressor to blow dust out.
No matter what I'm on the road come Saturday!
That Sensor Push is really good. I was at Costco amd could read fridge temp at home in RV!
Velda
MandysMom

Re: Sensor Push fridge monitor

Postby snowball » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:32 pm

that is cool tell us more about it
sheila
snowball

Postby MandysMom » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:31 am

I'll share more in a few days but basically it's a sensor with a battery they say averages a year of life. Thevsensor is a plastic box about 2x2by1/2 inch. It sits or is stuck to wall of fridge or wine cellar or whatever you want. It monitors temp and sends to your cell phone. I havent determined the range yet but I can read it while at the store near by. It creates data points for temp and humidity hourly then keeps an ongoing graph in the app. I definitely need to get someone to look at ESP the gas portin of the fridge as I learned once it goes to gas the pilot. Lights but the main burner never starts. So for now it's on 12v or 110. Thus weeks hot weather hasn't helped. Cost was $49 on Amazon. I'll try to send lnk later as I'm on my old iPad where I like to read. They also have a wifi device which will send the signal from fridge to distant places.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby snowball » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:48 pm

when I am in Q I am out in the desert sometimes I go to visit my sister in Vegas and I have people check things water the plants make sure the propane hasn't ran out this would help because once it runs out it automatically goes to electric which isn't good when you aren't plugged in... in fact this winter I was home and didn't notice that I had ran out and just happened to see that I was low on battery no reason for it except out of propane sure enough... so this would have prevented that as it took days for my batteries to recover (the generator by then wasn't working)
looking forward to more information
sheila
snowball

Postby MandysMom » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:15 pm

Sheila thus sensor only checks temperature and humidity so not sure it will help your situation.

It’s been working great and it n fact fridge temp is much more even because it’s full of food. I thought that would be the case and readings show that true. I’ll get propane issue fixed then continue testing. Only place I had slight signal issue was at camp in Weed CA which has a black hole for Verizon. Otherwise the sensor is giving good data. If I can finally figure out how to post a photo here I will show the device plus data so far.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby snowball » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:07 pm

your right .... wasn't thinking oh well
still it might be a good thing to look into
sheila
snowball

Postby MandysMom » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:36 pm

It’s working well in reporting and it’s certainly showing having a well stocked fridge of food that is cold helps maintain a more even temperature in the fridge. When I get home in just over a week, I’ll try to take screen shot of data to show you. I’m just really happy I got it.
MandysMom

Return to Gadgets and Gizmos