Instant Pot 3-quart Duo Mini - 25% off (Vet's Day Sale)

Useful "things" you've discovered to make your rving life easier.

Re: Instant Pot 3-quart Duo Mini - 25% off (Vet's Day Sale)

Postby MandysMom » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:30 am

Beth , I have issues with CRs review. Start with comparing it to a electric pressure cooker. Why didn't they compare to a standard stove top PC? really wasn't a comparison as both IP amd electric PC do same thing as they are designed to do same thing.
Then there is steamer. Simple answer for over cooked veggies in IP,is reduce the time and do a fast pressure relief, that should have been obvious .
Then they criticize sauté function. I have no problem getting a good sear for batches of meat in the IP, so I have no clue why they had a problem. Induction burners are designed totally different. Most people have a stove but I don't think most have induction. Stove or IP I have no issue browning but can do bigger batches on stove top.
I really think CR could have done a better job on this article. Another example why, after nearly 42 years as subscribers we are letting our subscription lapse.
I think steamer is the only function I haven't really used. They all work well.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby Bethers » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:22 am

Velda, I didn't read it as you did... And their conclusion was that it is definitely worthwhile.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Bethers » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:22 pm

The 3 quart duo is $49 on Amazon right this minute if anyone is interested. And a couple of the Garmin gps's I've been looking at are deeply discounted.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby AlmostThere » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:14 am

Bethers wrote:The 3 quart duo is $49 on Amazon right this minute if anyone is interested. And a couple of the Garmin gps's I've been looking at are deeply discounted.

I just ordered the IP mini, but it was $51.99 + tax = $54.26. (Free shipping)
I have been tossing around the idea of a smaller size after a year of big batches in my 6 qt.
I will still use my 6 for whole chicken and whole squashes.
AlmostThere

Previous

Return to Gadgets and Gizmos