What's the name . . . ?

Useful "things" you've discovered to make your rving life easier.

What's the name . . . ?

Postby havingfunnow » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:42 am

of that gizmo that you can use to connect your water hose to a spigot that doesn't have matching threads to screw onto?

I can't remember . . . good thing you folks are here! :lol:
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Re: What's the name . . . ?

Postby Bethers » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:51 am

I believe you mean a water bandit.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby havingfunnow » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:09 pm

Yes! That's it! Thank you, Beth. :D
Louise
havingfunnow

Postby MandysMom » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:47 am

Also called water thief.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby avalen » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:39 am

What?? Is there times my hose won't screw onto a spigot? Never in my life have I seen different threads on a spigot? Should I add that item to my water connection stuff? to have on hand?
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Queen » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:01 am

avalen wrote:What?? Is there times my hose won't screw onto a spigot? Never in my life have I seen different threads on a spigot? Should I add that item to my water connection stuff? to have on hand?

I've not run into mismatched threads yet, but have had damaged ones at a site and couldn't hook up. Bought one of these to use and it did a good job the one time I had to use it.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-22484-Wate ... B000EDOSKG
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby avalen » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:31 am

Well I never thought of threads being damaged, guess I'll get one of those.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby monik7 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:43 am

I'm not sure, but I think I've seen spigots with NO threads to keep people from hooking up in CGs where sites don't have any hookups. I guess they want people to bring their own tank of water and not use the public spigots they provide for smaller water use.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby Bethers » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:41 pm

monik7 wrote:I'm not sure, but I think I've seen spigots with NO threads to keep people from hooking up in CGs where sites don't have any hookups. I guess they want people to bring their own tank of water and not use the public spigots they provide for smaller water use.
Sandi

Exactly. I've seen them in tenting areas. They provide water for dishes, etc, but aren't expecting rvers to fill tanks.

I've never bought one. The couple times I dry camped in cgs with those, I honored the signs asking us not to fill tanks. I'm sure there might be a day I'd want one .... But I figure I'll survive without.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby havingfunnow » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:27 am

I don't have a tank . . . but I think a bandit and a short hose would make filling my 2-gallon jug easier. :)
Louise
havingfunnow

Postby MandysMom » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:40 pm

Also called a water thief. Got ours at Walmart or Camping Worlf, I forget which. Cost under $5 at the time.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby BirdbyBird » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:09 pm

Many of the campgrounds will allow you to fill anRV tank at one of the taps but request that you don't stay hooked up....
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Bethers » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:20 pm

BirdbyBird wrote:Many of the campgrounds will allow you to fill anRV tank at one of the taps but request that you don't stay hooked up....

I've never needed this gadget at those.... The only places (and it's only been twice that I remember in over 12 years) where I would have needed one to attach, they asked rvers to not fill. You've had a different experience than me... Definitely not unusual in this lifestyle. :)
Beth
Bethers

Postby snowball » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:05 am

when we camphosted that was one of the things we had to look for....yes they could fill up but no they
could not stay hooked up a possibility of back washing into the system and contaminating the water supply if I recall right...it wasn't for me to understand but to enforce the rule...
sheila
snowball

Return to Gadgets and Gizmos