Favorite Gadget or Gizmo?

Useful "things" you've discovered to make your rving life easier.

Favorite Gadget or Gizmo?

Postby beazle » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:32 am

Morning, ladies! As you may know, we have ordered our RV, finally, now waiting to take delivery in another 6 weeks or so. We're gathering stuff to put in it, and was hoping you all could chime in and let me know what is your one favorite useful thing you have in your RV that you wouldn't be without? (Aside from the sewer hose :lol: )
And, if there is something maybe less useful but meaningful, beautiful or that feeds your soul that you consider a "must-have?" Looking forward to all the ideas you have, Thanks!
Eileen
beazle

Re: Favorite Gadget or Gizmo?

Postby avalen » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:54 am

Undoubtedly my crock pot, but more importantly the liners I discovered to make clean up as simple as taking out the trash! :-)
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Azusateach » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:14 am

You say not to mention our sewer hose, but I have to.

I use the Sewer Solution system, and love it. I truly do. It's simple, and I never have to worry about the slinky hose springing a leak. No mechanical parts to worry about, and it's easy to maintain. I carry a Rhino hose for those times we don't have our own sewer hookups, and then I use the slinky, but always with a bit of trepidation. I just don't trust them anymore.

This is my opinion. I'm probably more passionate about it than others, but that's the glory of this forum. We all have different opinions!

The other thing I wouldn't leave without would be our little space heater. It does a super job when we just need to take the chill off and don't want to run the propane-sucking, noisy furnace.

And if you like a decent shower, an Oxygenics shower head is a must. Makes your low-pressure shower feel almost spa-like! You can order them from Amazon for around $30.

So. That's my little contribution! Happy shopping!
Azusateach

Postby elkriverrats » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:02 am

My french press for coffee
Thermacell to keep the bugs away
agree about the shower head - it is great!
some wine for evening campfire and my newest addition is a larger reclining camp chair. (debated this one for awhile before finding a space to shove it in for travel...so glad I did) Delightful!
Kelly
2004 Coach House "Penny"
elkriverrats

Postby Bethers » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:17 pm

My Oygenics showerhead. My microwave egg boiler. My mini blender. My small George Foreman. I used to include my crock pot, but have not used it in quite awhile now. I also would have said my ice cream maker, but since learning how to make the ones I do without, haven't been using. I use the expandable shelf rods in the fridge and a couple cabinets when traveling.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby gingerK » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:07 am

My electric frying pan. I use it every trip.
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby Azusateach » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:51 am

Another essential piece of equipment is an EMS, short for "electrical management system ". Progressive Industries makes probably the best out there for several reasons, the top 2 being their lifetime warranty and incredible customer support. They're pricey, but given the alternative, it's worth every penny.

They carry 2 types - portable and hard-wired. We had the portable for our trailer, but when we moved to a motorhome we had the dealer install a hard-wired one. It's saved our electronics probably 5-6 times in the 18 months we've had it, every time due to low voltage issues in the part, which can be deceptively worse than surges.

Laura
Azusateach

Postby Redetotry » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:28 am

Is there a special Oygenics shower head for RV's? I have one for the house and it doesn't have a cut off switch which is really annoying when I am giving the dogs their baths. I absolutely LOVE it though for me. Was so happy to find something with pressure.

I have a pair of scissors for hard to open packages that I am surprised at how often I use.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby mitch5252 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:39 am

Redetotry wrote:Is there a special Oygenics shower head for RV's? I have one for the house and it doesn't have a cut off switch which is really annoying when I am giving the dogs their baths. I absolutely LOVE it though for me. Was so happy to find something with pressure.

I have a pair of scissors for hard to open packages that I am surprised at how often I use.

Here ya go, BJ..
http://www.rvpartscountry.com/Oxygenics-26781-White-Smart-Pause-RV-Shower-Head?gclid=CjwKEAjw8da8BRDssvyH8uPEgnoSJABJmwYoqId1g6VRM5UQhY9c8v_PxNF_vwXvu3hMj84NZj0-hhoCA9_w_wcB
mitch5252

Postby Redetotry » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:16 pm

mitch5252 wrote:
Redetotry wrote:Is there a special Oygenics shower head for RV's? I have one for the house and it doesn't have a cut off switch which is really annoying when I am giving the dogs their baths. I absolutely LOVE it though for me. Was so happy to find something with pressure.

Here ya go, BJ..
http://www.rvpartscountry.com/Oxygenics-26781-White-Smart-Pause-RV-Shower-Head?gclid=CjwKEAjw8da8BRDssvyH8uPEgnoSJABJmwYoqId1g6VRM5UQhY9c8v_PxNF_vwXvu3hMj84NZj0-hhoCA9_w_wcB

Thank you Mitch, it is on the way!
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby chalet05 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:07 pm

Azusateach wrote:You say not to mention our sewer hose, but I have to.

I use the Sewer Solution system, and love it. I truly do. It's simple, and I never have to worry about the slinky hose springing a leak. No mechanical parts to worry about, and it's easy to maintain. I carry a Rhino hose for those times we don't have our own sewer hookups, and then I use the slinky, but always with a bit of trepidation. I just don't trust them anymore.

This is my opinion. I'm probably more passionate about it than others, but that's the glory of this forum. We all have different opinions! Happy shopping!

Wouldn't be without Sewer Solution! I have had to replace the backflow preventor a couple times. Finally got a metal one (brass?) and I carry a spare.
Anita
chalet05

Postby Azusateach » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:40 pm

chalet05 wrote:
Azusateach wrote:You say not to mention our sewer hose, but I have to.

This is my opinion. I'm probably more passionate about it than others, but that's the glory of this forum. We all have different opinions! Happy shopping!

Wouldn't be without Sewer Solution! I have had to replace the backflow preventor a couple times. Finally got a metal one (brass?) and I carry a spare.

Anita, did you get a metal one from the company or did you but some sort of generic one? I'd like to get what you have.
Azusateach

Postby chalet05 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:22 am

Laura, I bought them probably at Home Depot - been awhile. I had previously replaced the plastic one with another plastic, but the next time had LeRoy's expertise on such things.
Anita
chalet05

Postby JudyJB » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:38 am

I have to add that one thing I love is my electronic bug swatter. Just love being able to sizzle the flies and nasties that come visiting. Gives me a great deal of pleasure to sneak up on them and burn them to a crisp! http://www.walmart.com/ip/BiteShield-El ... r/11988154
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Return to Gadgets and Gizmos