Stove Top Waffle Maker

Useful "things" you've discovered to make your rving life easier.

Stove Top Waffle Maker

Postby IrishIroamed » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:49 am

Not sure if anyone has this but curious about opinions. I treat myself to waffles every few months, and after 34 years, mine is on it's last legs. If things need to be replaced, I look for things that could also be easy to use when RVing and found this waffle maker. Weighs only about 2#. Any thoughts?

http://www.amazon.com/NordicWare-Aluminum-Stovetop-Belgium-Waffle/dp/B00004W4UE/ref=sr_sp-atf_title_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1408287376&sr=8-1&keywords=stovetop+waffle+iron

One of the reviews on Macy's site say it can be used on campfires too
http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/nordic-ware-original-stovetop-belgian-waffle-maker?ID=567657&CategoryID=31795#fn=sp%3D1%26spc%3D7%26kws%3Dwaffle%20irons%26searchType%3Dac%26ackws%3Dwaffle+ir%26slotId%3D

Thanks for the opinions (I know you ladies have them :D )

On edit - my puter auto-update the other day - not sure if the links are working - they don't for me - please let me know and I'll try to figure out what the heck Bill Gates skrewed up this time :evil:

Edit #2: Hopefully fixed the links -stupid puter
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Re: Stove Top Waffle Maker

Postby monik7 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:12 am

The links worked for me. Other than that, I don't have one because that would require a certain amount of cooking. :lol:
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby gingerK » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:15 am

Interesting but I would just bring my electric waffle maker if I was inclined to make waffles while camping. It's not all that large.
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby Deeann » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:27 pm

Can you use it on your stove in the rv?

I've never seen one but it looks like it would work well.
Deeann

Postby IrishIroamed » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:45 pm

Deeann wrote:Can you use it on your stove in the rv?

No clue if it would work in an RV - I'm still in the dreaming stage unfortunately.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby BarbaraRose » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:31 pm

I would think it would work on any stove that gets hot enough.

The reviews look really good, but it is pretty pricey. There are electric ones for almost half that price.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Redetotry » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:55 pm

I love waffles but have never owned a waffle maker. I read some of the reviews on Amazon thinking I might order one. It doesn't say in the description but several mentioned in the reviews that it was coated with teflon. If you wanted one that wasn't teflon you might want to look on eBay for an older one, which is what I may do. My thought being,an un-coated one might make a crisper waffle, after one burned a few figuring out the right temp.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby snowball » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:22 pm

where I boondock this would be good will have to look into it more
sheila
snowball

Postby IrishIroamed » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:08 am

I'm still debating about getting a replacement waffle maker and stumbled on this one on Amazon today. Cast iron, much cheaper and mentions 2-burner camp stoves. Guess I better get over my 'hate shopping on line' attitude.

http://www.amazon.com/Romes-1100-Fashioned-Waffle-Iron/dp/B000BWCTL0/ref=pd_rhf_ee_s_cp_7_ZQBQ?ie=UTF8&refRID=004YQF17F6WDGMH0TN04
Cheryl

IrishIroamed

Return to Gadgets and Gizmos