Coffee Makers

Useful "things" you've discovered to make your rving life easier.

Coffee Makers

Postby MelissaD » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:10 am

I love my coffee :lol: Normally a cup with breakfast and a thermos for work. Over the years I've used about every kind of coffee maker there is. Monday we picked up a Keurig for the camper and we are enjoying it. We tend not to drink as much coffee in the camper and a pot was too much. No wasted coffee with the Keorig. Now the little cups can be kind of expensive but they sell a little cup that you can fill with your own coffee to brew individual cups. The self fill cup works just as good as the prefilled cups.
MelissaD

Re: Coffee Makers

Postby judi » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:17 pm

I'm considering the smallest Keurig for my little Class B galley, but it would take up all the counter space so I would have to constantly take it in and out of a cupboard. Oh, and I would need another cupboard! I'm trying to switch to tea but that's not going so well...
Judi
Portland, Oregon
perpetualmotionrv.blogspot.com

'You have brains in your head,
you have feet in your shoes,
you can steer yourself
any direction you choose." Dr Seuss
judi

Postby MandysMom » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:34 pm

My hubby likes his Keurig. He has the gadget to use your own grind and has been using it for both coffee and tea more than buying k cups. Of course he also loves his two different espresso makers! And I don't drink coffe so I leave that all up to him.
:D
MandysMom

Postby monik7 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:30 pm

Ever since I began working in high-tech, I got hooked on lattés. So when I got my RV I didn't know what I'd do without a latté every morning. I was really happy to find a Mr. Coffee Latté Maker at Walmart. Does a great job and makes the foam automatically - no having to steam it. For a latté addict, it works well.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby judi » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:04 pm

Sandi, thank you for posting that! I'm addicted to soy lattes so I'm going to try to find that latte maker along my journey. Somehow, somewhere, I'll make room for it!
Judi
Portland, Oregon
perpetualmotionrv.blogspot.com

'You have brains in your head,
you have feet in your shoes,
you can steer yourself
any direction you choose." Dr Seuss
judi

Postby MelissaD » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:34 pm

Mr. Coffee also makes a coffee maker using the K cups that might have a better foot print on your counter. There are an amazing assortment of coffee makers on the market. Pretty much 1 for any need.
MelissaD

Postby monik7 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:44 am

judi wrote:Sandi, thank you for posting that! I'm addicted to soy lattes so I'm going to try to find that latte maker along my journey. Somehow, somewhere, I'll make room for it!

Hi Judi. I hope you can find it. Since I got mine, I haven't seen one again at Walmart. They do have them on Amazon I think, but that might not help you on your current trip (BTW, I sure wish I was traveling to Alaska with you). When I'm stopped for a few days, I leave it on the kitchen counter. When traveling I put it back in the box and stow it next to the bed.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby Cougarfan » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:08 pm

I was hauling around a 12 cup coffee pot, then a 10 cup, then a 4 cup. I finally got one of these: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Black-Decker-Personal-Coffee-Maker-DCM18S/14320957

It takes up very little space and I can also just make a cup of hot water for my cappuccino mix if I want something special. I removed the other coffee pots and now just use this. I'm not a Black & Decker fan, but this one has worked great and is perfect for the limited storage and counter space I have in my trailer.

Laura
Cougarfan

Postby mitch5252 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:21 pm

And then there's this - I got this when BJ mentioned it a while back. It's really cool in that YOU control how long to steep the grounds. It doesn't drip until it is placed on the rim of your cup.

mitch5252

Postby Redetotry » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:57 am

monik7 wrote:Ever since I began working in high-tech, I got hooked on lattés. So when I got my RV I didn't know what I'd do without a latté every morning. I was really happy to find a Mr. Coffee Latté Maker at Walmart. Does a great job and makes the foam automatically - no having to steam it. For a latté addict, it works well.
Sandi

Oh no, I see another coffee maker in my future! Mitch glad you like the one I recommended. I also like that you can decided how long for it to brew.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby AlmostThere » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:52 pm

Just adding my experience with Kuerig. I went thru two in one year and my SIL bought one for his Mom for Christmas and it soon went belly up! Too expensive to keep replacing. :x
AlmostThere

Postby MandysMom » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:56 pm

My husband got his around a year ago and so far it still works well and he uses multiple times a day. I have known friends to have problems with them and Keurig replaced them right away, probably to help sell more k cups! Lol
MandysMom

Return to Gadgets and Gizmos