Nifty gadget

Useful "things" you've discovered to make your rving life easier.

Nifty gadget

Postby Liz » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:56 pm

Nobody’s talked about Christmas gifts you got for your RV. So I’ll share this nifty gadget my daughter gave me. It’s a camera tripod (called Monster Pod) that will stick to anything in any position, even upside down. My daughter remembered how when in Alaska we took so many pictures of ourselves using a timer and had trouble finding a level place to set the camera. This little tripod will stick to a tree limb, a rock, or anything.

I stuck it on the post of my house to take a picture of me washing my RV today.

Here’s that picture:

Here’s the goo that sticks to anything and then peels right off.

It has its own carrying case with hook and strap (sold separately of course)

My daughter ordered it from an airline magazine but there is a website: www.monster-pod.com

Now here’s another not-so nifty gadget.

It’s a binocular and digital camera combination. I thought it would be nifty until I tried it at my daughter’s house Christmas day. What I saw was an awesome flock of sandhill cranes flying in formation overhead. This is what I got with the camera.

Obviously what I saw was not what I got. I’ll reassess this gadget after I practice some more, but meanwhile, don’t waste your money on this gadget.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Re: Nifty gadget

Postby SeeyaGal » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:12 am

What a cleaver gadget for the your camera.
I wanted those Binoculars but then found out I'd get better photo's with a 300 mm zoom lens, which I already have, and can crop on Picasa so I did not buy them. I really would love to have a stronger zoom like 600 mm but then I'm talking about a heavy duty Tripod I'd have to lug around and I'm not ready for that yet for animal photography.

Picasa is a area where you can store your photos 1 GB for free and change the photo's to look better and crop etc...
I do alot of cropping in my photo's because some times you forget to get close to your subject or something or someone gets in your photo that you don't want so I crop them.

Thank goodness for digital cameras!!! Or I'd be holding a sign on the street corner saying " Will work for film!"
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Postby Bethers » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:21 pm

Just a note - you can crop and do a bunch of editing on Photobucket, now also - found that out by accident when I went to help Sparkle add her pic of her hand :)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby sunshinecruiserTN » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:31 pm

What a nifty gadget! Thanks for sharing Liz. When Becky, Margie and I had breakfast yesterday we were talking about something to take a pix when no one is around or you don't feel safe in asking other. Becky said she had read this post and told us about it. I'm gonna have to check this out.
Live, Laugh, Love
TN/FL
sunshinecruiserTN

Return to Gadgets and Gizmos