Baby Foot - EDITED TO ADD PIC OF PEEL IN ACTION

Useful "things" you've discovered to make your rving life easier.

Baby Foot - EDITED TO ADD PIC OF PEEL IN ACTION

Postby mitch5252 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:15 pm

If you Google Image search Baby Foot, ewwwwwww.
However, I just ordered 6 pairs...

Anyone here every tried this stuff?

mitch5252

Re: Baby Foot

Postby Deeann » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:18 pm

I googled baby foot and got information on making your feet pretty. Is this what you're talking about?
Deeann

Postby mitch5252 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:20 pm

Deeann wrote:I googled baby foot and got information on making your feet pretty. Is this what you're talking about?

Yes, that's it.
From the image search, it appears pretty dang effective.
Being diabetic, and old, my heels are really, really bad.
I was hoping someone here had some experience.
mitch5252

Postby WickedLady » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:22 pm

Mitch: Get yourself some brewers yeast; it will help control your blood sugar. The powdered form can be sprinkled on food or taken in juice or milk. You can get it on line. I like Swansons.
WickedLady

Postby mitch5252 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:36 pm

Thanks, Marda. I just read about it.
I'm willing to give it a shot!
Although yesterday, doc took away one of my diabetes meds! YAY!
Brewer's Yeast is on my shopping list!
mitch5252

Re: Baby Foot - EDITED TO ADD PIC OF PEEL IN ACTION

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:03 pm

The reviews look good. Let us know how it works for you. Might just try it before summer!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby snowball » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:25 pm

I'm a sucker for stuff for the feet as mine are terrible so do let us know if it actually works...tried that recipe going around FB where you use
Listerine soak don't remember the amounts suppose to slough away the dry skin...all it did was turn my feet blue (they said blue works best :roll: )
today I bought socks to wear to bed with lotion on the feet and cotton gloves yes the desert has done a number!! :lol:
sheila
snowball

Postby MandysMom » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:26 am

I'm not a diabetic but inherited a tendency for ESP my right heel to crack and be so sore I can barely put it on the ground. Did not know it could be genetic until I talked to my aunt about it and she confirmed her right heel, like my right heel did that,as did my father, both their brothers and their father, all worst on right heel. Determined to find a solution, I started years ago wearing cotton socks during the day. Before I put socks on on the morning I inspect my feet to make sure cracks are not coming back and then give myself a,good foot massage with a good quality lotion I get at my local natural food store. I like Shikai vanilla lotion. After lotion the socks go on and stay on all day. No barefoot for me except once in a while for a short time and only in the house. I have not had a serious crack with bleeding and pain in probably 10 years now, and I never miss my morning lotion massage.
As a diabetic you should be inspecting your feet daily anyhow, so just add the lotion routine.
Hope this helps as I would hesitate to do what looks like a chemical peel ESP if a diabetic.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby Redetotry » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:09 pm

mitch5252 wrote:..
Thanks, Marda. I just read about it.
I'm willing to give it a shot!
Although yesterday, doc took away one of my diabetes meds! YAY!
Brewer's Yeast is on my shopping list!

I looked up information on Brewers Yeast too and found this precaution for diabetics.

Because supplements may have side effects or interact with medications, you should take them only under the supervision of your health care provider.
Side effects from brewer's yeast are generally mild and may include gas.
People who have frequent yeast infections or are allergic to yeast should avoid brewer's yeast.
People with diabetes should talk to their health care provider before taking brewer's yeast because it could interact with medications for diabetes and cause low blood sugar. (See "Possible Interactions" sections.)
People with Crohn’s disease should ask their health care provider before taking brewer’s yeast.

Source: Brewer's yeast | University of Maryland Medical Center http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/su ... z2xyAVuJww
University of Maryland Medical Center
Follow us: @UMMC on Twitter | MedCenter on Facebook
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby mitch5252 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:25 pm

Thanks for finding that, BJ.
I saw it, too, and figured I should talk to my doc about it.
mitch5252

Postby WickedLady » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:33 pm

You, naturally, want to test your blood carefully when taking brewers yeast. I told my neighbor about it. He was not getting good results from meds that were being increased. The brewers yeast has been helping.
Doctors don't always want simple solutions that do not include an office visit and a prescription.
WickedLady

Postby Deeann » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:03 pm

Mitch, if you take that brewers yeast you're going to have gas. So.....whatcha gonna take for the gas? lol
Deeann

Postby mitch5252 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:07 am

Deeann wrote:Mitch, if you take that brewers yeast you're going to have gas. So.....whatcha gonna take for the gas? lol

Living alone makes that a non-issue.
Poor Abby.
Now, if George was around, he would be disgusted.
I guess widderhood has some small advantages...
mitch5252

Postby JudyJB » Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:02 pm

My heel cracks have healed, I think because of the high humidity I have been in, but I am very interested in anyone who has tried this.

I have always been a barefoot person--never wear shoes or slippers or even socks indoors, and not even outdoors when I can get away with it. I used to even do my gardening barefoot. The result has always been thick calluses on my feet. A few weeks ago when I was in Arizona in very low humidity, I tried Vaseline and socks for a few hours every few days, and that did help.

One concern I have is due to a situation I caused for myself many years ago. I had picked up athletes foot and bought this stuff to put between my toes. Tube said to use once every three days, but mine was so bad I used it every day. On about the third day, all the skin came off between my toes and I could not walk or wear shoes for several days!! Certainly my own fault, but I like to know someone else's experience with this heel stuff before I use it. I'll be checking your results, so please post them, and do follow instructions, not the way I did it for the athlete's foot!
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby mitch5252 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:27 pm

I can't believe the Baby Foot package arrived already! That was so quick.

I put on a pair just now, but was a little scared to go the entire time (minimum 30 minutes for sensitive skin, 1-2 hours regular), so I went for about 25 minutes. I'll see how that goes and can always do another pair (I ordered 6 pairs).

I'll take pics of the results, if there are any. So, just sit around waiting for skin to fall off my feet...

mitch5252

Next

Return to Gadgets and Gizmos