Blenders

Useful "things" you've discovered to make your rving life easier.

Blenders

Postby MandysMom » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:44 pm

My all time favorite is the VitaMix and have owned since 1978! However unless you have the space a small blender is more practical. I tried a Magic Bullet but it did not seem powerful enough. Last spring we got a Nutribullet and it is used almost daily for smoothies and tonight for salad dressing. There are others too including one which will adapt to a mason jar. Do you love the blender you have? Which do you use and what is your favorite use?
MandysMom

Re: Blenders

Postby Bethers » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:15 am

My blender is probably not as strong as the bullets, but I love it - and the price was way, way less. I use the Hamilton Beach personal blender - have been using it for 8 years now, and it gets close to daily use - make one to two smoothies some days now (almost always for breakfast, sometimes another later in the day). And it's plenty strong enough for my fruits and veggies.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby JoanE » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:30 am

I also have the Vitamix. It was one of my "must haves" in my rig. It stores in the cabinet below my sink where it is easy to access. If I only used it for smoothies, I could have settled for something less powerful but I need its power. Love it!
ImageMaggie Mae (Jack Russell "terror")
http://www.emptyponder.blogspot.com
JoanE

Postby BirdbyBird » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:33 am

Non cook here, so I don't need a do everything blender. I still have hope that I will make more nutritious things. I moved up to the NutiBullet also because it has the power to blend up more of the greens and frozen fruits with less additional water or milk added....
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby snowball » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:34 pm

don't have one so will enjoy reading what you all are using have a friend that uses a NINJA (the smaller one)
sheila
snowball

Postby AlmostThere » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:04 am

I have the Bullet but rarely use it as it just doesn't have the power and I got tired of stopping to scrap the food back towards the blades. I then got a Ninja which can make fluffy powdered snow from ice cubes, but still can't pulverize veggies smooth enough for green smoothies.

After 20 yrs of longing for the expensive VitaMix I finally purchased one. I love it and use it often. So easy to throw in all the fresh ingredients, flip it on for 6 mins and have hot steaming soup. The blades spin at 240 revs a second! I make my own protein bars with raw nuts, cacao nibs and dried fruit.

Like everything, it's a matter of having the right tool for getting the job done right. And in my case, with little effort. :D
AlmostThere

Postby JoanE » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:16 pm

I make my own protein bars with raw nuts, cacao nibs and dried fruit. 

Recipe please!!
ImageMaggie Mae (Jack Russell "terror")
http://www.emptyponder.blogspot.com
JoanE

Return to Gadgets and Gizmos