Turntable in microwave

Useful "things" you've discovered to make your rving life easier.

Turntable in microwave

Postby OutandAbout » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:36 pm

The turntable in my microwave in the camper went kaput. The microwave is perfectly good, so don't really want to replace it. Does anyone know if they still make the separate turntables or where to get one? I'm not having any luck around here. Thanks. Linda
OutandAbout

Re: Turntable in microwave

Postby mitch5252 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:02 pm

mitch5252

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:07 pm

I wonder where you would buy one of those little gadgets?
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby mitch5252 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:14 pm

Like this one?

mitch5252

Postby Gentleladybear » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:46 pm

Mitch you are so good at finding stuff, can you find a metal rack that you use with a convection oven?
Nan
Gentleladybear

Postby mitch5252 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:27 pm

Gentleladybear wrote:Mitch you are so good at finding stuff, can you find a metal rack that you use with a convection oven?

This one work?

http://www.amazon.com/Baking-Sharp-Microwave-Convection-FAMI-B006MRM/dp/B00DV211Z2

mitch5252

Postby snowball » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:17 pm

OutandAbout wrote:The turntable in my microwave in the camper went kaput. The microwave is perfectly good, so don't really want to replace it. Does anyone know if they still make the separate turntables or where to get one? I'm not having any luck around here. Thanks. Linda

what kind of microwave is it? as in brand and is it the kind that has the vent on the bottom? if so don't have good news...mine did as well and in checking with service depts. have been told that motor that runs the turntable is no longer being made so in order to make it work...equals a new microwave because ours is the one that has the vent in the bottom equals $$$ it still doesn't work...so think I will look at what Mitch found ;)
sheila
snowball

Postby OutandAbout » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:40 pm

Mitch, the video you suggested wasn't the problem. The whole motor is kaput. Sheila, it's a no name brand from Korea in my camper, that's why I thought of a turntable that was portable. I finally ordered the one Mitch pictured in another post here off of Amazon. That should fit the bill as I don't use it a lot but like the turntable feature for heating evenly. I saw mixed reviews on Amazon, but it won't be getting heavy duty use, so will probably be fine. Thanks ladies, knew you would have info. Linda
OutandAbout

Postby Bethers » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:09 pm

Linda, I used a turntable like that for years - it worked great. It's the built in stuff that does us in :) ... Right now I can't open one of the windows on my car, because I can't be sure I'll be able to get it back up. That little car would be so much better off with old-fashioned windows. I know the motor is the culprit, and as the other window had the problem when I got the car (and the seller had to pick up the tab) I know what it costs - do NOT want to spend the money. Wish I could get an easy fix like this.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby snowball » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:35 pm

so where did you find the turn table thingy?
sheila
snowball

Postby Bethers » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:26 am

The Nordic is the one I had for years.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby snowball » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:17 pm

thanks loads for the information
sheila
snowball

Return to Gadgets and Gizmos