LEDs Replacement Lights

Useful "things" you've discovered to make your rving life easier.

Re: LEDs Replacement Lights

Postby Bethers » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:29 pm

mitch5252 wrote:
Bethers wrote:None of those would work in my rig - I needed wedge ones.

Beth, the 20 for $22 off ebay are wedge bulbs.

Nan, what are sabre lights - same as bayonet? (in the weapons world, both are really sharp sticks...)

That's what I thought - talk of bayonets and sabres confused me.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby JoanE » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:28 pm

Call me crazy, but my experience has been that cheap is exactly that - cheap. I found www.rvlighting.ca and www.technorv.com. They use Eco-LED lights and they are the same lights used in high end Class A motorhomes. The lights are designed specifically for RVs with wide voltage tolerance, high reliability, very low current and minimal heat. They also come with a 3 year warranty.

I purchased the cool white which resembles outside light inside my motorhome. The lumens are around 180. My fixtures use bayonet bulbs. These can convert to either wedge or bayonet in the event I ever change my fixtures. The bayonet adapter allows the pancake bulb to swivel so the light is aimed in the direction needed. I am pleased with the results.

You may want to check out TechnoRV's website. The owners are RVers and they sell many other technology items of interest to us.
ImageMaggie Mae (Jack Russell "terror")
http://www.emptyponder.blogspot.com
JoanE

Postby Gentleladybear » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:24 pm

My other lights are BA15S. These are lights, if they all burn out I have spares, but for the little expense, I can change them all out. because of the small expense here, I changed them all, but can still use only the lights I need when I need them. I have a solar panel on top to help keep my battery charged when I am boondocking, so think this helps me stay prepared.

Again thanks Mitch.
Nan
Gentleladybear

Previous

Return to Gadgets and Gizmos