Cuisinart ICE-21 Frozen Yogurt, Ice Cream and Sorbet Maker

Useful "things" you've discovered to make your rving life easier.

Re: Cuisinart ICE-21 Frozen Yogurt, Ice Cream and Sorbet Mak

Postby mnladyus » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:32 am

Good morning.... I've been reading the posts about this Ice Cream maker. Are you all still enjoying it, and do you have recipes to share? I'm thinking about ordering one from Amazon. Do you have then extra bowl for it? It's really not a bad price if it works good.
Mary Ann & Butch
1992 Scamp 13' Deluxe Remodeled, 08 Trailblazer
2011 Schnauzer "Butch"
God's Country, Northern Minnesota

mnladyus

Postby Bethers » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:42 pm

There are some recipes in the recipe room. viewtopic.php?f=12&t=10963

I'd be glad to share more with you if you'd like. After finding recipes, I've kind of adjusted others to my tastes and they work for me. I LOVE it. I've even left out the honey (forgot it the first time) and liked the fruitier taste without it - so now rarely put any in - sometimes just fruit and the coconut milk.

I've found no need for a 2nd bowl. I can only make one batch at a time and have never needed to make more than one in a day - so clean the bowl and if I want to make more sooner, rather than later, put it back in the freezer. Overnight is fine - but it usually is longer than that as I never have made it in the morning yet lol

My freezer is jam packed right now, but I can make it fit by putting some things (veggies, for example) in it. And removing bread for a day, if necessary.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby MandysMom » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:50 pm

I need to read all sections, before answering I guess. I just asked about this in the recipe section. Sorry about that and thanks for the picture.
MandysMom

Postby mnladyus » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:25 pm

Yummy... I just made my first batch of Ice Cream with my new machine!

Mary Ann & Butch
1992 Scamp 13' Deluxe Remodeled, 08 Trailblazer
2011 Schnauzer "Butch"
God's Country, Northern Minnesota

mnladyus

Postby Bethers » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:08 pm

Woohoo, and it looks divine.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby JudyJB » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:49 pm

Makes me miss my ice cream machine! I did discover you really need to use more concentrated things than you might think, like the canned coconut milk without diluting it. Wonder how almond milk would taste? I do not like coconut, but I do love anything flavored with almonds. If you use orange juice, use the frozen canned stuff and dilute it only about half as much as you normally would. I am not diabetic, so I found you needed more sugar than you think because the fruit you use somehow taste more tart.

The big chocolate chips were too hard to crunch on, but the mini ones were perfect. I might have to investigate single-serving ice cream makers.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Bethers » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:10 pm

I only use juice if I make it myself and haven't been needing any sugar, although I started out putting in some honey. I haven't had any be tart yet, but can imagine that possibility. Not eating sugar is a health choice for me as it's not good for any of us, just like processed foods.
Beth
Bethers

Previous

Return to Gadgets and Gizmos