Early Morning Light Coming Through Vents

Useful "things" you've discovered to make your rving life easier.

Early Morning Light Coming Through Vents

Postby JudyJB » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:32 pm

I have a vent in my bedroom right in the middle, over my bed, which I never open. Being a late sleeper, it has been a constant irritation to have the morning sun coming through the vent cover and waking me up. So, I found this cushion that is intended as insulation but fits perfectly into the 14" vent opening and blocks out a lot of the light. Works great and sells for $10 at Camping World. (I suppose if I were handier and could bother buying a cushion and covering it with something, I could have gotten it cheaper.)

JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Re: Early Morning Light Coming Through Vents

Postby bluepinecones » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:51 pm

I found those cushions to be very useful also. In addition I have a large window on one side of bed and another at head of bed. Shades don't help much so I use those sun screens intended for the windshield to help block both light and cold air.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby JudyJB » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:13 pm

Luckily my shades are the room darkening kind, otherwise I would have replaced them with something also!
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Lopo » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:21 am

I tried one of those cushions but it didn't fit my vent, and then I got one of those cute little shades but it sprung or sprang or whatever you call it right off - so I've cut three pieces of that aluminum-foil bubble wrap 16"x16" and use adhesive velcro on two sides of each to stick them up. Works great.
Lopo

Postby Nasoosie » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:43 am

I'm so very afraid if the daylight didn't come through my wide-open windows (I never pull the shades) I would sleep right through the entire day! I have trained myself in these days of early-morning sun-rises (summer) to turn over and sleep for one more hour, or so. Being sealed up like in a tomb is not for me, YET!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby Bethers » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:31 pm

Nasoosie wrote:I'm so very afraid if the daylight didn't come through my wide-open windows (I never pull the shades) I would sleep right through the entire day! I have trained myself in these days of early-morning sun-rises (summer) to turn over and sleep for one more hour, or so. Being sealed up like in a tomb is not for me, YET!

Same here Soos. I guess we're lucky that light doesn't ruin our sleep. I do use the cushions for insulation when too hot or too cold, tho.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Redwahine » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:52 pm

I have those same cushions for both vents to block out the sun. They also keep the heat out as well!
Redwahine

Return to Gadgets and Gizmos