Photo sticks?

Useful "things" you've discovered to make your rving life easier.

Photo sticks?

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:05 pm

Do any of you have photo sticks to store your photos on from your computer, laptop, phone, etc?

I see ads for photo sticks that will search out any and all photos on all your devices and save them. I would like to get something like this but don't know how well they work of which kind to get (so many choices! :shock: ). Am wondering if they will take photos off Photobucket as well.

If you have any knowledge or experience, please chime in! :D Thanks!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Re: Photo sticks?

Postby OregonLuvr » Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:24 pm

Yes I am on my second one as the first burnt up in the fire. So I got another one, easy to use.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby gypsyrose1126 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:39 pm

I have an external drive that I load all my photos onto. But I also have a couple flash drives, one for genealogy info and the other that I keep passwords and other documents on and one for my trip photos, which makes it easier to view on t.v. I have all the photos in files on the external drive, a lot of files!!
This system works well for me
Rosemary
gypsyrose1126

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:37 pm

Thanks! There are so many different ones to choose from. Any suggestions of what brand, etc to get?
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby JudyJB » Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:33 pm

External hard drives hold a lot more photos than the photo sticks. However, don't forget that you need to store them in a safe place other than your motorhome when you travel. I keep one in a safety deposit box and another in my motorhome. About once a year or sooner, I switch them out so that the one in the safety deposit box is up to date.

You could also give the backup one to a friend or relative that you trust. That way, if you are caught in a fire or hurricane or other disaster, someone still has a backup you can access.

I pay about $60 for mine and usuaully buy the Seagate brand or another major brand. Check at Walmart.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Return to Gadgets and Gizmos