X-Pot Camping Pots

Useful "things" you've discovered to make your rving life easier.

X-Pot Camping Pots

Postby IrishIroamed » Fri May 29, 2015 7:25 am

Saw this on Flipboard today and thought it's a good idea. It's advertised mostly for hikers, but with lack of cabinet space (and the little inside cooking I'm doing right now), I'm thinking about it. The first link shows how it folds down. Second link is Amazon's price.

http://gearjunkie.com/sea-to-summit-x-pot-collapsible-cookwear

http://www.amazon.com/Sea-Summit-Liter-X-Pot-Pacific/dp/B00MTZQAQM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1432902099&sr=8-1&keywords=x-pot
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Re: X-Pot Camping Pots

Postby MandysMom » Fri May 29, 2015 12:01 pm

I'm not sure I need a pot that is mainly for just heating water but it's an interesting idea.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby OregonLuvr » Fri May 29, 2015 4:56 pm

I am not getting anything more collapsible. I bought some bowls that I thought would really be good to use. WELL the first time I snapped the lid on the whole dang bowl collapsed, what a mess. I threw those puppies out.

karen
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby Liz » Sat May 30, 2015 5:53 am

OregonLuvr wrote:I am not getting anything more collapsible. I bought some bowls that I thought would really be good to use. WELL the first time I snapped the lid on the whole dang bowl collapsed, what a mess. I threw those puppies out.

karen

Me too, Karen. The same thing happened to me, lol.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby IrishIroamed » Sat May 30, 2015 4:55 pm

3 out of 3 ladies say "nope". See how much it pays to post things!! I do remember seeing somewhere (maybe on Flipboard) that you could do soup in it, but that and water is about it.

Thanks for the heads up ladies. So far I'm only grilling outside anyway.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby Bethers » Sat May 30, 2015 6:43 pm

IrishIroamed wrote:3 out of 3 ladies say "nope". See how much it pays to post things!! I do remember seeing somewhere (maybe on Flipboard) that you could do soup in it, but that and water is about it.

Thanks for the heads up ladies. So far I'm only grilling outside anyway.

I have nesting pots with removable handles. Love them. I haven't seen mine lately, but know one company makes ones that Camping World sells.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby MandysMom » Sun May 31, 2015 2:13 am

I got my nesting pots in a set at CW. Really work well. But our favorite pan for cooking in RV is cast iron. And lucky me, hubby is the expert with cast iron so I let him do all the cooking he wants! I promised never to touch his cast iron, he doesn't trust me to treat them right. Ha ha
Velda
MandysMom

Postby IrishIroamed » Sun May 31, 2015 6:57 am

Bethers wrote:...I have nesting pots with removable handles. Love them. I haven't seen mine lately...

:lol: so you havent cook much lately huh Beth? or is your rig too big and you cant find them? :lol:

Googled and found them. Good idea I'll put them on my 'maybe future' list.
Cheryl

IrishIroamed

Postby Bethers » Sun May 31, 2015 9:53 am

IrishIroamed wrote:
Bethers wrote:...I have nesting pots with removable handles. Love them. I haven't seen mine lately...

:lol: so you havent cook much lately huh Beth? or is your rig too big and you cant find them? :lol:

Googled and found them. Good idea I'll put them on my 'maybe future' list.

Haha. Meant my brand for sale. You got me.

As to cast iron, I never liked them (and I had them) so don't miss them at all.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Cudedog » Sun May 31, 2015 10:17 am

IrishIroamed wrote:
Bethers wrote: I haven't seen mine lately...

Googled and found them.

Er. . . wow.

You Googled the inside of Beth's rig and found the pots for her? Wow. Beth is more famous than I thought.

Or maybe the reach of Google is getting wider than I imagined. Scary thought! :shock:

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby IrishIroamed » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:47 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheryl

IrishIroamed

Return to Gadgets and Gizmos