Tuesday - May Starts Tomorrow!

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Tuesday - May Starts Tomorrow!

Postby JudyJB » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:39 pm

I also don't know where time has gone, but It will be May tomorrow, and May means real Spring and warmer weather.

Eating the last of my homemade peameal back bacon. Will have to refill my freezer when I get to Canada. Already have all my reservations for my drive west on the TransCanada Highway starting in early August, and through to Lake Louise and Banff!!
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Re: Tuesday - May Starts Tomorrow!

Postby Bethers » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:03 pm

Judy, that's such a beautiful area. I'll be looking at trikes, but regular ones next winter. Several at the park I moved to ride them and I'm going to see if I can borrow one to see if I think I'd really ride it. It might help with my exercising. But if the seat is as uncomfortable as I've found every bike seat all my life, it won't happen lolol And I want to see if I could get Ty to walk alongside. That's a whole nother problem lol

Last year I spent a few hours with a special product on my RV before I paid to have it washed. Should have done that again this year. But it's clean and they put a protective coating on it. It just needed my pre work I did last year. Oh well.

I read some of the electric meters Saturday. Yesterday I picked up the bills for those I read and tried to deliver. After a couple tries at different times I only had two left. Tried both places again today and still no luck, so returned those to the office. I've done a load of laundry, it's hanging out to try and put it my dollar shower which got to hit, so need to check the temp and take a shower before it cools too much. Yes, I could go in the RV, but hey, this is working lol.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:10 pm

if the seat is as uncomfortable as I've found every bike seat all my life, it won't happen lolol

I totally get that! I haven't found a comfortable one yet!

Beth, is the meter reading thing part of your "job" at the Co-op?

Yesterday, I sent a text to the GM at Great Clips letting her know I was still planning to come back on June 1st. I got a response today saying they have terminated my employment there. :o I am not sure that is really legal while I am on a medical LOA. She said it was because I didn't give them a 2 week notice when I left. I told her I couldn't give that much notice because of the pain I was experiencing at the time. So I picked up some forms at the County Work Force this morning and will bring them back tomorrow to see what they can do for me for a job. I am also going to file for unemployment as well, with back pay to when I left there.

I did a haircut here in the park today so got a little cash in my pocket.

I found out there are some residents here who want to fight the 9 month rule and start a petition. I am all in for that! Where do I sign?!!!

I better start filling out those forms. Have a good evening!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Bethers » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:04 pm

Barbie, yes, sign whatever to get it back to allowing year round. I know your place would sell then. That's such a ridiculous rule. And the SKP Coops ask that leaseholders volunteer. There's less of the main committee things in the summer, but I volunteered when I got back to help with meter readings and a couple other things. So I read meters for an hour or so Saturday and delivered bills yesterday and retired places no one was gone this morning. Easy peasy. One of the few winters here I volunteered to keep the library organized. There were enough of us that I only had one day a week and I don't think it ever took me more than an hour then I'd check it again later in the day in case people made a mess. It seems to me I remember you also asked about if there's a rule against sleeping in the casitas. Yes, leaseholders are meant to use their RVs. It's more of keeping the locality happy and taxes down being licensed as an RV park. If someone came to visit me, I could use the casita for them to overnight in.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby JudyJB » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:45 pm

Barbie and Beth, have you ever tried a gel bike seat? I have replaced the seat of every bike I have bought in the last 30 years with a wide, gel seat. It really makes a difference. I have a memory form driver's seat cushion on my motorhome, but I am trying to find the right gel seat to replace it. Gel bike seats should be wide and thick, plus have an indentation in the back for your tailbone.

It should be an entire seat, not just a cover for your current seat, because the springs and internal parts need to be right. It should look something like this: https://www.amazon.com/BLUEWIND-Comfort ... Gf3M0&th=1

Plus it needs to be adjusted properly, as does the saddle post height, so you are sitting on it properly and comfortably. In other words, it needs to not be tilted too much to the front or to the back.

My current bike saddle is memory foam, but it is pretty comfortable. https://pedegoelectricbikes.com/product ... am-saddle/
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Postby snowball » Wed May 01, 2024 12:30 am

Even though I knew it good to be reminded that it's May 1 tomorrow and rabbits I would have forgotten...
I am back at my brother's house drove from Sidney to Lander and have 40 mile winds well gusts up to plus the wind was steady at I don't know think from the north... but it was furious the whole way... tell about when I got to Lander then it all but stopped
I got out in Chugwater (yes that is a town) to get gas and it about blew me off my feet that would be quite an accomplishment at what I am!!! went through a field of tumble weeds... decided I shouldn't try to dodge them except for the largest... I think a bird was blown into the windshield and up and over heard the hit saw movement and sprinkles of blood on the windshield felt bad for it ... some people are braver than I am and were out towing a rv when I really think they shouldn't but you all know me and know that I wouldn't have been out if towing.... saw the weirdest car most cars are sorta rounded or boxed in shape this one was more angles so hard to describe I am not sure that I can for that matter... I wondered for a bit if I saw some wide horses the only reason I thought so was one of them looked pretty thin but I really doubt that they were...
so glad to not be fighting the wind and driving was pretty tired of that
going to rest up tomorrow and do the laundry besides the clothes I wore I have the new ones I bought don't like to wear them till I wash them think it's a me thing my kids don't have a problem with it
Barbie that was pretty bad not to even tell you or even say if you leave without a notice ect and hopefully they can get that 9 month thing changed
at the park I want to eventually end up at they do the same like to have people volunteer for different things...
think I am going to go to bed need to read scriptures and am pretty tired
sheila
snowball

Return to Morning Coffee