Soggy Monday Morning

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Soggy Monday Morning

Postby Colliemom » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:31 am

Good Morning from the rainy 45th. Pesky low pressure hanging around today, bringing some scattered showers. High 65 predicted. We did have a severe storm come through on Saturday evening. Quite the lightening show, but it was traveling fast. No damage, no power outage etc. I did have a small diameter dead tree break a bit above the ground from the wind on Saturday. Got hung up in branches of the trees around it. So took my saw and finished cutting through the break and gave it a few tugs to bring it down. Broke Into three pieces when it hit the ground. It was mostly just a pole, no more branches. So just tossed it all aside till weather breaks and will throw it in the brush pile. Wanted it down because it was going to fall across the sidewalk from garage to house and didn’t want that happen in a Wind gust with myself or dogs going back and forth.

Porch project is almost done.Posted latest picture in General. Just want to put some handrails on for decoration. The step is so slight, that it really doesn’t need them, but like I said, decorative. But one never knows, they might come in handy.

Martha, glad the saw worked for you. You lucked out all the way around, having the neighbor bring his tractor over. Judy, hope you had a nice bike ride yesterday. Beth, that’s great you have a spot to park the C later. Sounds like everybody’s pretty much keeping busy with one thing or another. Hope Shelia has a safe journey home.

Not planning to get into a lot today. Was hoping maybe we will have a break in rain showers, so I can measure for those handrails and cut the wood. Thought maybe I could paint them today in the basement and install tomorrow. Don’t think that’s gonna happen. So will run the vac and work my current Diamond painting. Took my emergency pack to the basement on Saturday evening before storm hit and want to bring it back up and go through it. Ned to change out prescription, hearing batteries and maybe few other items that are a year old. Got some new packing bags for the stuff un there, so will repack everything. Also time to repack dogs bag too.

So that’s about all going on here today. Talk to you later.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Soggy Monday Morning

Postby OregonLuvr » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:38 am

Morning Sue. We have the same weather today Cloudy with showers our temps 42/59 so you are warmer than we are. Starting Wednesday we will be in the mid 60's and even a 71 in the mix with clouds and sun. I will take it. Your porch looks fantastic. You are so talented. I love it.

Will mainly just putter around the house today. Want to vacuum and wash my kitchen floors. Since I am hosting the Bunco ladies on Wednesday (12 of us) i need to have the house spiffed. Altho it is already clean just need to put away a few things and have Henry vacuum on Tuesday. I run him in certain areas more frequently to control any dog hair. We take turns having at different houses. Just requires making a dessert and coffee, juice, water etc. And a couple dishes of munchies on each table. Since I only have 2 tables I will borrow my neighbors card table and chairs to make the 3rd table.
Neighbors went to the Plant Warehouse yesterday and bought tomatoes and strawberry plants. They have extra tomato plants so want to give me some so will go check them out later today. I want the soil to warm up a bit before I plant. I bought all my fertilizer so I am ready to plant just waiting for warmer weather. So maybe this weekend.

Anita have fun on your trip. I love a good road trip. Sheila hope you have a good drive home. Martha glad you got some help taking down your porch, that was quite the undertaking. Sharon is getting some better weather so getting her yard in shape also. So far this year I dont have any major projects so my house maintenance fund will remain intact ha ha I will be investing in some plants to add to the landscaping. I just putter along one plant at a time LOL LOL Digging in this clay soil is quite taxing but I do have an attachment for my drill to help till up the area I want to plant. It helps. I need to plant my rhododendron out front. I like working in the yard just dont want too much stuff that needs too much care ha ha

Need more coffee.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby Bethers » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:18 am

Just a quick good morning for now. Sue, the porch steps look great. I'd use the railing every time now. Just an extra precaution. We're still getting 40's and 50's overnight but the next 10 days show sunny with mid to high 80's every day. So the best walk is right about now, sunny and 60 out. All these years living in RVs and even with the casita now, 3 tables for 12 people could only happen outside lol. Enjoy your turn hosting, Karen.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby chalet05 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:57 pm

Good afternoon,

Wind and trees are not my favorite thing, Sue! Our 2nd house was surrounded by trees which I loved, but I'm sure we would have had to remove more than the few we did. Just went out to get the mail which wasn't worth the trip and the wind is blowing here. Since they took down the advertising flags, I can't always tell. Seeing some of the tornado damage - devastating. Predicted map for the next two months shows possibilities in Kansas, but I've lived through warnings there before if it should happen. Sheila, hoping you have a safe trip home! A bit envious of those in the desert and the cacti blooming! Saguaros sure are late this year!

Finally bit the bullet and packed the suitcase this morning. Tomorrow will go to Wenatchee for errands, car wash and a haircut. Monica was feeling lousy again this weekend - possible due to antibiotics so no haircut. Not a biggie but she knows how I like it and of course Great Clips has someone new every time. Looking forward to having time in Port Angeles to do some of the things I often don't have time for.
Anita
chalet05

Postby JudyJB » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:54 pm

I have come to a big decision. Over the past two years, I have become more and more worried about falling when I ride my electric bike. I have been a lifelong bike rider, and really enjoy the experience, but I am going to be 81 in June, and my balance is a lot worse than in the past. Plus, I am more hesitant while riding and feel more wobbly and less secure. I have not ridden my bike more than a handful of times over the past year, and this past week decided that I either need to ride it more to get more confident or give it up entirely. Riding it several days in a row has not really helped, so I have decided to look for an electric trike. Having three wheels will make me feel more secure, with a lot less of a chance of falling and breaking a bone.

There are several brands available, but I don't want to buy one without trying it out. So, when I get to Ohio, I will do some more serious searching. I really like having an electric bike because it helps me get around campgrounds, especially since I do not tow a car. Some of the ones I have seen online weigh about what my current bike does, which is good. So, I had a neighbor help me load my bike on my bike rack, and I locked it down. Will wash the cover tomorrow and put that back on until I get to Ohio.

I am hoping I can find one that will fold sideways to become more narrow. Most of the trikes that are advertised as folding, fold into a square to fit into a trunk, which is not what I need. I know I'll need a ramp sort of rack, but I was hoping to not have it stick out too much in the back. Wish me luck!!
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Postby Acadianmom » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:35 pm

I had a one dog, two cat night. Sometime during the night the storm got here and I had to let Luna get in the bed so she would quit barking. I got two and a half inches of rain. It had moved off about noon and I decided to go to town. I noticed my home owners insurance policy is still in Harold's name. I figured I better get it changed. If I ever had a claim I don't want a check in Harold's name. My agent said to bring a death certificate and judgement of possession to the office. I have been dragging that judgement around for 5 years. Does it ever end?

I got a $26 check for showing up for jury duty. Maybe I should have stayed, I might have had a short job. lol

Sue, your porch is looking good.

Judy, the few electric trikes I have seen fold at the bar between the front and back wheels. If I got one I think I would have to get one of the basket type shelves that go in a trailer hitch. I would worry about one getting stolen.

A tornado hit Marietta, OK. We lived there when I was in the third grade and I still have a cousin in the area. Oklahoma really got hit with the last couple of storms.

Tomorrow I need to go to Walmart and get what I want to take camping. Hope I have everything on my list and I don't forget to bring my list.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby snowball » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:09 pm

I don't know if I didn't post yesterday or if it went into outer space... no clue ...
I arrived Sunday early evening in Omaha and spent an hour or so with my niece... the other one was too busy to come see me... :( but enjoyed my visit with the one that did come... and she said she liked her shrug that she would take it to work for those too much A/C days or later not enough heat ... it was good to see her I went through a couple of heavy rain storms that made me wonder if I should pull over but continued on... saw one semi on it's side before I got to Omaha then today saw another one on the other side of Omaha the weather people were saying that the tornado in the Omaha area was huge and one of the worst in many years... then there was a town in western Iowa that was pretty well wiped out... one picture showed this house demolished and a wall that was standing with shelves on the wall and stuff still on it .... one has to shake their head when you hear about things like that..
today's trip was uneventful which are the best... made it to Sidney assume that I will make it the rest of the way tomorrow but will decide later in the day... Want to be back in Jackson on Thurs have baked beans to make for the surprise party hoping I got enough beans didn't see any of the bigger size of cans might need to check somewhere on the way ... stopped pretty early but was tired got unloaded and into my room and grabbed a nap... :lol: and am back on oxygen it's a bit over 4000 here
have fun in Port Angeles Anita hope your daughter gets to feeling better
it looks like everyone else has been active in the yard ....
you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Return to Morning Coffee