Rainy Sunday in the South

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Rainy Sunday in the South

Postby JudyJB » Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:54 am

Need to start today's posts. It has been raining a bit off and on since last night, so not many people outside in this state park. And lots of weekenders leaving today. This place attracts a lot of people from Alabama and Texas, so it is a slightly different group. I stayed in yesterday except for a couple of brief periods, but I have to go out when it dries up a bit today to dump my tanks. Added some extra water and bleach to grey tank as I have decided that is what is smelling inside my bathroom!!! I will rinse out my black tanks, but I wish I had a grey tank rinse system, as well.

Hope everyone is well and safe on the road!!
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Re: Rainy Sunday in the South

Postby Bethers » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:48 pm

Judy, I buy a product called Elemonate that's made for the grey tank. They are tablets and I don't use them often, maybe every three months or so. Or if I smell something. I try to buy everything unscented, but this comes with a lemon scent and doesn't set me off. I do use bleach to clean my water storage tank, but worry about it in some of the lines in RVs.

I'm at tonight's Harvest Host stop. It's a store called Goldhill Outpost. Just a gravel lot behind the store. Unfortunately it's next to a truck stop so I'll be listening to trucks all the time. But just the quick look in the store so far and I'm sure I'll spend some money to support them. I could have gone all the way to Benson today since I drove so much the first two days and arrived here right about noon, but enough of that lolol I gained an hour yesterday and will gain another tomorrow on my short last day to Benson.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Acadianmom » Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:56 pm

Beth, you are making good time.

Judy, I put one of the tablets for the gray tank when I dump my tanks after a campout. Since I only travel about one weekend a month and my motorhome sits for so long. The gray tank can start smelling a lot especially in the summer.

The line of storms got here about 2:30 this morning and it got cold. I had to let Luna get in the bed so she would quit barking when it thundered. She's not spoiled or anything. It warmed up to 73 but is suppose to get down to 49 tonight. I will probably have to turn the heat back on. I forgot to check the rain gauge to see how much rain we got.

I decided to make peanut butter cookies today so made a double batch. For some reason they don't taste much like peanut butter. I haven't made peanut butter cookies in years so probably don't remember what they tasted like.

The only thing on the calendar for this week is one of the Meetup Meals. I need to look up the menu online. I haven't been to this restaurant in years. It use to be kind of fancy so will probably be expensive.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby snowball » Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:43 pm

finally made up my mind got us all packed and left for my brother's home will leave for the midwest tomorrow hope to at least get into Nebraska tomorrow hopefully
when we would leave SLC for Larry''s hometown it was 24 hours driving time can't do that in one day but hoping to be there sometime Wednesday
had friends come over and help with loading the car up actually they did it all was so grateful for them... they even took my air plants to watch over them :lol:
Beth is making great time.... how long do you plan on staying in Benson?
Judy are you at the place you planned on staying for a couple of weeks? or still slowly making your way?
saw a lot of deer today and a few pronghorn no sheep though
really tired tonight didn't get my Sunday nap... I decided I really needed to pull over and just stop for a moment maybe even close my eyes for just a few what did mom decide??? she needed to go to the bathroom... so no closing my eyes... perhaps I will go to bed earlier than normal :roll: if I am going very far tomorrow sure need to be more rested than I was today drove about 3 hours just looked might set a goal for Sidney NB it's about 5 hours away will see how I feel then
you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Return to Morning Coffee