Post-Tax Tuesday!

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Post-Tax Tuesday!

Postby JudyJB » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:42 pm

I assume everyone got their taxes filed.

It is amazing what 11 hours of almost-solid sleep, plus antibiotics and prednisone can do for you! The prednisone is making me a bit shaky, but that will get better as I take less of it. My bad headache from yesterday is gone. The bites are looking a lot better and only a couple are still blistering. Most importantly, they don't hurt or even itch anymore, and the skin that looked infected on my left ankle also looks better and is less swollen. The only time I woke up last night was for a few minutes when my phone pinged because my stupid, slimy cousin decided to send me two text messages at 6 am. Who does something that dumb??? :x I did not respond to them, but waited until after noon. I am not going outside at all today, but I did change my sheets and towels. Will wash them at new campground in Panhandle this weekend. I have tons of groceries, so OK there. Going to read and relax.

One thing I did do yesterday afternoon as I was hooking up was to go next door where someone was cleaning up one of the new glamping tents that are next door. They are really nice--about 15' by 20' or so on a wooden platform, with a couple of windows with plastic and mesh on each. White canvas with double snap door, and even an air conditioning unit in each! One type has a king bed and two bunks, so it sleeps 6. The other has two queen beds. Not much furniture inside because they expect people to use outside picnic table, and no cooking facilities inside, but they did have an electric coffee pot, and I think a mini refrigerator!! Owners were a young couple and they said most people only stayed a night or two. They have indoor and outdoor mini lights around each and room for a couple of cars to park. No running water or bathrooms, but it is camping after all.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Re: Post-Tax Tuesday!

Postby Bethers » Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:17 pm

Judy, great news that the bites are improving.

I'm about to head into town and pick up a few items for the fridge while traveling. I've already moved most things to the MH from the tt with just a few left for morning. Then tomorrow dump tanks, disconnect water, move the TV and microwave onto the bed for travel lol, etc and get the tt moved to it's new site. I'll take a picture in it's new home. Then do all my laundry and by tomorrow night just relax in the MH and hope the weather people are right and the horrendous winds we've been having will be moderate on Thursday. Supposed to lighten up some tomorrow and I'm seeing moderate for most of my drive. I'm intending to take how ever long it takes if the winds come back. I'm actually looking forward to coming back with just the car. I've done most variations of this route enough times that it's hard to find new places I want to stop, so will zip through without the worry of wind and the MH.

I learned another trick yesterday. RV antifreeze has uses other than freezing. If you put it in your toilet, not down the toilet but sitting on top of the closing part, it will keep the seals lubricated. And it doesn't evaporate! So I'll definitely be doing that. And come winter when I have to winterize the MH, I'll remember to do that after putting it down the toilet, also. You probably all knew this already. But it's new to me.

Time to walk Ty before the run to town.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Cudedog » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:07 pm

Anne
Last edited by Cudedog on Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby Bethers » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:50 pm

That is definitely true for regular antifreeze which should never be used in an RV to winterize or for any purpose. RV antifreeze is safe.
"RV antifreeze is non-toxic and is used in the potable water systems of RVs and boats. Propylene glycol is the most common. Regular anti-freeze is toxic to humans and animals used only as an engine coolant or perhaps some other non-consumable applications."
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby OregonLuvr » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:21 pm

Good afternoon. I just finished putting together one of my round raised beds for out front. So much better than the pavers with moss all over them ha ha These are bigger too. They only put one ring of pavers in both planters so no depth and they used small ones...probably cheaper. I will put 2 out front in place of the others. Not sure yet what I will do with the other pavers but I am sure I can use them somewhere. Put another coat of mud on my bathroom early this morning so was able to sand it just a bit ago. I can paint my primer anytime now but I have Bunco tomorrow so dont want to start a job and have to quit in the middle. Will take a shower again in the guest bathroom and try not to forget my towel and robe again ha ha
Beth yes I always put RV antifreeze in my toilet too when I was storing it for any length of time which wasnt often when I was working. I even put it in my sink just enough to cover the plugs. Of course I also put it in all my sink drains to fill the traps. You sound pretty ready to go so hope you dont have much wind.
Judy glad you are on the mend, but not sure the mosquitos will be less at your next stop but hope they will be.
It is salmon and asparagus for dinner tonight, easy meal.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby snowball » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:58 pm

I must have been tired this morning as I don't remember hitting snooze at 10 nor do I remember hitting it again at 10:10 nor missing it at 10:20 :? I do remember hearing something at the door and look up and it's mom telling me that it's time to get up it was 12:20 :oops: a big oops!!!! gave her thyroid pill and then threw some sandwich fixings on the table so did I do anything today not notable the usual did finish my book later so I was late getting supper on the table start late it's going to end late...
glad Judy that your bites are improving
Beth have a safe trip
been advised to call in a plumber guess I need to do that tomorrow
you all have a great day and me??? I will endeavor to get up earlier :roll:
sheila
snowball

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:55 am

Just getting into bed for the night.

I didn't get my whole list done but did do 2 haircuts so I have a little extra spending money. Got most of the house cleaned up. I have two haircut kits, one was for doing haircuts here and one was for work. I condensed and consolidated them today since I don't need everything that is in both. Also moved into a new purse and got rid of a lot of stuff in the old one. I decided to wait until I get home to finish with the painting. The deck is so dirty and dusty from all the wind, and I didn't really have time to wash it, let it dry and paint the "path" one last coat.

Tomorrow, I have my ear doctor appointment in the morning, so hopefully will find out why my ears feel so plugged up. Then will stop and get a hydro-massage, stop at WM, and then get a little gas and a car wash. Gas is almost $2 per gallon cheaper in Arizona, so I will get just enough here to get me to the border and then fill up with gas there. Will fill the tank on the way back just before crossing back into CA. $2 per gallon savings is a lot!! :o

Will get all packed tomorrow except for last minute things, and get a few other things around here done and ready for the cats. My cat sitter is coming by to see what all to do, altho she has taken care of them before so pretty much knows the drill. I am hoping Sophie comes out to meet her tomorrow. Last time Debbie cat sat for Romeow, he never came out for her. But that was only for 2 days. I am sure he will come out for her eventually, before I come home. Sophie is more curious and social and likes to see who is visiting.

Made some chicken-a-la-king for dinner which was really good. Watched a little TV and now in bed with the cats.

Have a good night!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby snowball » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:54 pm

[quote="BarbaraRose"]Just getting into bed for the night.

Gas is almost $2 per gallon cheaper in Arizona, so I will get just enough here to get me to the border and then fill up with gas there. Will fill the tank on the way back just before crossing back into CA. $2 per gallon savings is a lot!! :o

Barbie are you going on 10 towards Q? If you are thinking of stopping at Love's its normally higher than the one up the road can't think of the name of it but sounds like a person's name??? maybe but then things change and it just dawned on me I would have been getting diesel which will make a difference Loves and Pilots diesel was always higher ... so this infor maybe wrong :lol: :roll:
sheila
snowball

Return to Morning Coffee