CoachellaFest Sunday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

CoachellaFest Sunday

Postby BarbaraRose » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:21 am

Good morning gals!

Yesterday I got quite a lot done! Didn't sleep well the night before but still had enough energy to do stuff.

I did the touch-up spots on the deck, glued my broken trim pieces together, dropped off a couple boxes of stuff at the thrift store, stopped at WM for some food, water, etc., put my clothes away, put some outfits together for the trip, painted the first coat on the "path" on the deck, and even was able to clip Sophie's claws without much bloodshed!

It was warm out but breezy so pretty comfortable outside. I didn't paint the day before because it was so super windy and dusty. Today will only be in the 70's so will do more outside things like clean out my car really good and neaten up the outside areas. I will paint the second coat on the path tonight before sunset. Then I can concentrate on cleaning inside tomorrow.

Romeow has been keeping busy chasing a fly around the house! I weighed him the other day and he is holding steady at 13.5 pounds. Need to make sure I am not giving him too many treats! Sophie gave me a good fight when clipping her claws. I wore my leather jacket and put a thick blanket on my lap and sat on the bathroom floor with the door closed. I only got one small scratch on my hand. But got it done! Gave her a little bowl of a liquid treat afterwards which she loves. I am hoping to get the porch cleaned up tonight or tomorrow from the painting stuff, so I can let them back out there.

I wanted to give one of my gourds (the Southwest themed one) to my brother and SIL, but I can't find my finished gourds. I know they are in a bin somewhere. I checked my storage unit and my shed but couldn't find them. I think I will check the storage unit again.

The big Coachella Fest is going on here this weekend. It is a huge music festival with people coming in from all over the country for it. It is mostly real current music and musicians, which I don't listen to, but it attracts a lot of the younger people. It will happen again next weekend too. Then a week or two after that will be the Stagecoach Music Festival which is just as popular but is more country music but some older fans (and better dressed) will be here in town for that. Both festivals bring in a ton of money to the valley, but also a ton of traffic.
At night I can hear the boom, boom, boom of the bass from the music all the way over here. I am about 10 miles away. I can't imagine the loud sounds for the people that live near the festival! :shock: A lot of those people leave for the weekends and some rent their places out to the fans for a ton of money!

I slept good last night so I hope I can get thru my next list of things to do for the day! My former agent is supposed to come by this afternoon for a haircut but I haven't heard from him yet on a time.

The lady with the 12 dogs (well only 3 but they sound like a dozen :o ) are back this week. :roll: She is the daughter of the lady across the street who owns two houses next door to each other. I hope they are gone by the time I get back from my trip! My brother owns 2 little poodles but they are well-behaved and quiet.

Velda, glad Chris is finally coming home! I am sure you are relieved and excited to have him back!

Have a good day!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Re: CoachellaFest Sunday

Postby Bethers » Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:04 pm

Velda, great news about Chris. And I must have missed that Sean was able to be helping again. That must have lifted a load off your worries of getting everything done.

Well, I went ahead and ordered the room darkening curtain and tension rod for my TT door. Amazon will have them here tomorrow. My plans are to spend way less next winter. Except for possibly replacing my sofa, I'm hoping to replace funds in my accounts and be a real miser. And my carpet pieces will be waiting for me to cut and arrange. Oh, and my fridge should be here at the start of the season.

Barbie, it looks like I'll be arriving to my place in Arizona right about when you leave. Maybe next time we'll be able to get together. Enjoy your time with your brother and sil.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Acadianmom » Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:18 pm

I put my chicken wings in the slow cooker using one of the recipes I have saved. Hope it's the right one. lol

With all the crazy things that go on when there are a bunch of people I don't think I would go to a festival. There was a small festival near Lafayette a couple of weeks ago that was shut down early because of fights. There is an international music festival coming up in Lafayette with bands from all over. It's in the downtown area and is always a pain to find parking. They have started making people pay for things at a festival with credit or debit cards. Some want to put so much money on a wrist band for you to use. It's a pain to get your left over money back so they are hoping you will let them have it. The music is always too loud for me.

I'm trying to decide if I want to go to a campout May 16-19. It is only about 80 miles from here. This campground has two sections that aren't very close together. I need to check on the website to see if there are any sites left in the North section. I just hate to ask my neighbor to feed for me twice in one month.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby JudyJB » Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:20 pm

I thought I was doing fairly well here at Sebastian Inlet State Park in terms of mosquito bites. It takes about a day-in-a-half for a bite to start swelling up and turning red, and until yesterday afternoon, I had only about 7-8 of them, and some were even turning a darker red and less swollen, signs of them getting better.

However, even though i wore long pants to watch the rocket launch, I had also been in shorts during the day, just walking around the campground for a couple of hours and chatting with some neighbors. First, I did spray my pants and ankles with bug stuff, but I should have worn socks with my sandals and put rubber bands around the cuffs of the pants I wore because in early evening last night, things started popping up, and I got at least 18 more bites showing up--mostly on my ankles and lower legs, for a total of maybe two dozen!!! I have three wet washcloths in the freezer and spent most of last night putting them on my legs and using the heat thing on every one I could find. Did not get much sleep. The ice packs really do help with the swelling and pain--all the anti-itching creams do absolutely nothing. Prednisone works, but I really don't want to go to urgent care unless i have to. Getting close, however.

When they get red and swollen, these bites don't just itch, they burn and sting and really hurt. And the more bites I get, the redder and more painful each one is. About 30% of CLL patients get these as a result of a weakened immune system, and my oncologist says he thinks that somehow my immune system reacts as if something really serious is attacking me, so it goes nuts. I can get one or two bites and they act like normal mosquito bites, but when I get a lot of them, like I do now, each one gets bigger and more painful, and some end up with black infected centers. Right now, for example, I have maybe 8 bites on my left ankle, and the whole ankle is now red and swollen to the point where it is hard to find individual bites. I just took half a Vicodin, and it has helped, but I hate to take any more of that. Earlier, I took two Benedryl tablets, so maybe it is time for more.

So, I am going to stay in today and will be driving tomorrow, so will stay in then, except to hook up at my site in a new campground. By Friday, I will be in the Florida Panhandle, so it will be cooler and hopefully have fewer nasties???
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby BarbaraRose » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:18 pm

Not many of you on today.

I didn't finish my list but got a few things done. I cleaned out my messy car. In fact, I ended up cleaning it really well, cleaned out the cup holders, the dash board, washing the insides of all the windows, etc. Pulled everything out of the car, sorted it, and put what I wanted/needed back in all neat and organized. Looks much better now! On Wednesday, I will take it in for a car wash. I need to call tomorrow morning and see if I can get it in for an oil change and a check-over tomorrow or Tuesday.

I didn't get the second coat of paint on the deck "path" tonight but the wind came up really strong just when the golf tournament ended and I didn't want to get dust in the wet paint, so I will try again tomorrow.

I bought a tiny little vacuum cleaner awhile back because my other hand-held one wouldn't hold a charge for more than just a few minutes and didn't have much suction. This little thing is only 5 inches long with a couple of attachments. It is so powerful! :o I used it to clean all the carpet, etc in my car! And the carpet was really dirty, full of all sorts of dirt, debris, etc. I am really impressed! :D

Tomorrow will be house cleaning day. :roll:

Tiger made it thru all 4 days of the tournament but came in last of the 50 players. I think the first two long, hard days did him in with his stamina. He did alright tho, considering all the issues he's had with his leg that he almost lost in the car accident a couple years ago.

Am getting to bed really early tonight. It is just past 9pm. Would like to get up early tomorrow.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby snowball » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:20 am

I'll see if I do better tonight last night I just stared at the screen couldn't think of anything to say... not much better tonight either :?
think I need to take mom in and have her feet looked at getting more swollen even on water pills big reddish area on the foot that had the sore on it don't know what to think about it
got up late from my nap so ended up having soup for supper glad I had some :roll:
That is great Velda that Chris will be home soon it will be much better for both of you
Barbie what will you do with your cats? while on your trip too bad that you and Beth will just miss each other
you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Postby BarbaraRose » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:13 am

Sheila, my friend Debbie, who lives here, will come by once a day to feed them and clean their litter box.

-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee