Lazy Saturday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Lazy Saturday

Postby JudyJB » Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:16 pm

Yup, the most I have accomplised today was getting out of bed, getting dressed, and eating a breakfast/lunch. Been reading online stuff and watching TV ever since, but I am at least responding to posts. Does that count?

ANyway, last night I walked a very long, very dark way, maybe 1,500 feet down to the fishing pier to watch the SpaceX launch 56 miles away at Cape Kennedy. I had a couple of flashlights, but it was really dark and clear with billions of stars out. I was also bundled up with long pants and a windbreaker with my hood up against the mosquitos, but the wind kept them away, I think.

Anyway, the big hazard was the fishermen on the pier with their poles and hooks, but I found a spot near some others waiting for the launch. I could see an orange glow on the horizon, and then an orange ball head up and across in front of us on the ocean. Check out the article here: https://www.floridatoday.com/story/tech ... 273109007/

I could not see the detail shown in the photos, but we did see the flash as the booster separated from the rocket carrying a bunch of satellites. Then it headed upwards and went out of sight eventually. I do not follow this stuff, but do you know that the booster is powered and controlled after separating and actually lands on a special ship in the ocean?? Amazing. Here is a video showing that https://www.reddit.com/r/SpaceXLounge/c ... ewed_from/
Last edited by JudyJB on Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Re: Lazy Saturday

Postby Bethers » Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:29 pm

Very neat that you were able to see that, Judy. And not getting eaten alive by mosquitoes doing so.

I'm still working on my to-do list for yesterday. To be honest I have Fri/Sat written on the top so have myself a bit of room lol. I have all darkening pieces in the windows except the frosted window at the door. I didn't want total darkness. I've had a curtain on my door in the C's I've owned and think next summer I might put one here. I'll decide after I see how my position in the new site will effect it.

We had a fairly windy walk this morning. But nice temps.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby OregonLuvr » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:26 pm

Todays title suits me to a tee. I did a little spiffing this morning and then for some reason ran out of oomph, desire, and ambition. Oh well It is a rainy kind of day, nothing big just a steady off and on light rain. I was going to mud my bathroom but just the thought of doing that today flitted out of my mind. So I did what all good procrastinators do..........snuggle up in my heated throw, read a book, had some lunch, watched a couple of my shows and BAM took a nap. Now I never take a nap unless I am sick. Well I am not sick but fell out anyway...it was an hour and I woke up feeling groggy instead of refreshed. That is why I hate naps. Hope I can sleep tonight.
Judy how awesome you got to see that. I would love that for sure. Best I get here on a clear night is Starlink satellites ha ha Beth glad you got something accomplished. Tomorrow I will get back to it, one day of being a total sloth is enough for me.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby JudyJB » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:37 pm

Beth, we ought to get some credit for writing out to-do lists because I also write out a lot of them--many with the same things that need to be done!!
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby chalet05 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:29 pm

Have been lucky enough to have seen a few different launches over the years. I remember watching when they landed in the ocean and a ship picked them up.
Karen, I've had a nap the last two days by noon - even after 7 hours of good sleep! We are having a couple of days in the 70s.

Barbie, your deck looks very nice! Beth, so glad you will be able to get on the road. Velda, happy that Chris will be coming home! Martha, I now think of you on Friday nights as I watch 3 shows on CBS - 2 of which this is the last season! I dislike the nights when there is nothing on. I have those to-do lists as well!

This week hasn't been much better than the last when it comes to frustration! Brother's blood count was still down so no chemo again last Monday. They gave him shots to help so we have our fingers crossed for his blood draw tomorrow! I finally got a call Tuesday that all labs were negative and they are referring me to a gastroenterologist. They will call within 5 to 7 business days to make an appointment! Good grief!

Kansas cousin's daughter getting her Master's and graduating from Veterinary School next month. Excited that they stream all of it!
Anita
chalet05

Postby Bethers » Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:35 pm

Lol Judy. I have to do them for this next few days to try to get everything done and ready to leave. And I'm sure I'll take things I mean to leave here and vice versa. Lol

Anita, yes I discovered your birthday because of friends of yours who wished you a happy birthday. We should celebrate each birthday right now. On another note, I'm so sorry about your brother's difficulties with getting the necessary treatment. And, like you, a nap isn't good for me. I wake up groggy and cranky and then can't sleep at night. So unless I'm sick I try really hard to not take them.

I've been enjoying watching Cold Case shows and just read today they're bringing it back next season. Different actors, of course.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Acadianmom » Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:12 am

Judy, launches don't even make the news anymore. At least not here.

I didn't do much today either. I thought about going to the pond but the cows were by the gate and I didn't feel like trying to get through the gate without them getting out. They think someone is coming to feed if they see anyone.

The TV shows on Saturday aren't a lot better than Friday. There are a couple of shows on PBS I like on Saturday. I usually kind of watch Saturday Night Live. About the only part I really like is the News Desk. That is usually funny. Most of the skits are silly. I am on the computer when I watch TV so miss a lot of most shows.

Anita, hope your brother's blood count goes up so he can have the chemo. Can't they give him transfusions to help? You will be lucky if they call in 5 to 7 days to make an appointment. I don't know if it's because we are on Medicare but I think they would rather not even see us.

I was digging in the freezer for something to cook tomorrow and took out some chicken wings. I had made some a while back that I liked. Looked in the Notes file where I put recipes and have about 10 recipes for chicken wings and don't remember which one I used. :roll:

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby MandysMom » Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:23 am

Had a busy day getting ready for Chris's return. Sean got bed frame reinforced and we put box spring and mattress on, he left, then I remembered I had a encasemebt to put the mattress in! So had to stop there! Sean will come by Sunday for that and couple other small things. Other than that, I just need to make the bed, mop bathroom floor and vacuum hall, where we have been shuffling Chriss stuff! I think I'm almost ready! It rained gently pretty much all day until sunset. No stars or starlings to watch here! Have a good Sunday everyone.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby Cudedog » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:17 am

MandysMom wrote:Had a busy day getting ready for Chris's return. Sean got bed frame reinforced and we put box spring and mattress on, he left, then I remembered I had a encasemebt to put the mattress in! So had to stop there! Sean will come by Sunday for that and couple other small things. Other than that, I just need to make the bed, mop bathroom floor and vacuum hall, where we have been shuffling Chriss stuff! I think I'm almost ready! It rained gently pretty much all day until sunset. No stars or starlings to watch here! Have a good Sunday everyone.
Velda

Good morning, Velda, and all who follow.

So glad to hear that Chris is on the mend, and that he is coming home in a day or few. You have often said how much Chris wants to come home, and all the driving you have been doing to care for him must be stressfull - so good news for you both.

Cool morning, with a bit of rain here, same as yesterday. I do enjoy these extended cool (and rainy!) spring days. It is more usual for us to have our first spate of 100-degree days beginning around the first of April. Not this year, nor last year.

I'll take it!

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby BarbaraRose » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:56 am

JudyJB wrote:Beth, we ought to get some credit for writing out to-do lists because I also write out a lot of them--many with the same things that need to be done!!

This is me to a "T"! I would never get anything done if I didn't have lists. Out of site, out of mind!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee