Windy Wednesday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Windy Wednesday

Postby Bethers » Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:09 pm

Windy with warnings for even higher winds and fire dangers. I actually put a sweatshirt on this morning for our walk. Temp was almost 70 but the wind was chilly.

Fridge is now delayed another week I just suggested to the folks doing the with we cancel until I get back in the fall. I'm waiting to hear back. I went forward expecting to have a usable fridge for at least a week or two before leaving. That obviously isn't happening. They just called and we're on the same page. They'll cancel the order and we'll start again in the fall. They'll even try, when I know I'll be returning, to get it installed before I get back (I'll have keys with the manager here), so I can have a working fridge immediately. I'm not counting on that happening, but works be nice. So I guess I'll defrost the RV fridge tomorrow or Friday the quick way lol

I'm loving keeping up with the post in general talk about changes from the past. I remember my mother talking about changes from her childhood and they were fascinating also, but I think we've seen so much. Some for better, some not so much so.

I'm not thrilled with the sofa in the tt. It's workable, but I know I'll be changing it out, probably next winter. Maybe just one recliner. But I also have always loved (and wanted a) glider with ottoman sets. I'll have to see if I'd have room for one of each lolol

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Hot Wednesday

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:40 pm

Good morning gals!

Went to bed earlier last night but woke up just after 3am and had trouble getting back to sleep again. I usually don't have trouble with that. I did wake up at 8am and got to painting by 9. Was still in the low 70's out so was pretty comfortable. Did the second coat which only took me about 10 minutes. Still have to do the "path" but I need that to come and go with trash, etc. today. Will do the path tonight and finish with the second coat tomorrow. I will make a new "walking path" on the dry paint next to it tomorrow. Then just some small touch-ups around the edges and paint the trim. Will put the trim (wood and metal) on after that.

The color will lighten a bit when it dries to match the side of the house exactly. The door mat I bought will match the upper part.

I will wait a few more days before putting the furniture back up there. I need to scrub the chairs and cushions tho since they have cat pee on them too! :roll: I am anxious to get it all back together and set up! I did buy a door mat that is vinyl so it will be easy to wash off. It has been a big project but worth it. Maybe later this summer if I can come up with some more money, I will replace the carpet in the porch. That won't be too bad, just remove the old carpet and put in a new piece and tack it down. Will just need some help with that.

Cats are still unhappy with not being able to get out on the porch yet but maybe tomorrow I will have it cleaned up enough (from paint stuff) to let them back out there.

It will be in the 90's today thru Friday and then start cooling off for the weekend. Will be windy and possible rain on Sunday before warming up again next week.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Re: Windy Wednesday

Postby Acadianmom » Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:55 pm

Sheila, I have a jar of pepper jelly in the refrigerator that is left over from a couple of campouts. I am putting it on my toast in the morning to get rid of it. Makes a spicy breakfast. lol

We had storms come through here about 6 to 7 this morning. There is a lot of damage North of I-10 but I haven't seen any here. I got an inch and a half of rain. I see on the computer that there will be moderate flooding in a lot of the creeks and rivers. They were delivering my dryer today and I'm glad they didn't get here until after the rain passed.

Beth, sorry you are not going to have your refrigerator.

I think I'll go wash a load of clothes and try out the dryer.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Pooker » Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:33 pm

Beth - sorry about the fridge delay, but sounds like you have a plan. Funny you should mention glider. My hubby had a recliner that reclined, swiveled, and glided. He loved it and even tho I bought 2 new recliners for my family room, I still have his glider one, too. It is so-o-o comfy. Wonder if they still have those somewhere?
Evie
Evie
Southern California
Pooker

Postby snowball » Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:57 pm

that is too bad about the fridge.... hopefully it will be installed when you get back...
Martha how did the new dryer work out?
it's been fun remembering the old stuff but at the same time some of the new stuff has been good...
saw that there is a dam in Utah that is having an issue down in the southern part of the state hopefully they can lower the water so it's below the crack in the dam I would say the name of the town that is below it but one of those hard to pronounce let alone spell starts with a P
my mom has a rash on her foot I've thought it was a reaction to the bandaid but she has been somewhat stressing about it so had my niece come over and see if she thinks we ought to go to the dr (her mom gets lots of sores so thought she would be somewhat more in the know than I am) so she put marks around it so that we can tell if it's growing... and on watch for a bit...
it was a beautiful day here although I didn't go out side just looking out the sky was blue
guess we are suppose to get wind tomorrow at least the computer said that we will see...
like your porch Barbie
you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Postby MandysMom » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:03 am

I'm trying to catch up again. It's gotten hectic here. Final prep of Chris's room and carpet install in morning. Then I have put together a group to help put the room back together. It's been an expensive project. Chris is getting cranky, and wants to come home like yesterday. I keep reminding him there is no bed for him yet! And his bathroom is blocked with stuff from his room! Monday is discharge day. Don't know time yet. That place is a bit disorganized plus poor communicators! It will be good to not have to drive to see him, but a full time job keeping him motivated here. He thinks the chiropractor will fix all his problems. I hope he's right. I'm ok, but will be better when I can get back to exercising daily-which I've missed a bunch.
Take care everyone.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:08 am

I spent the day finishing the e-book I was reading. Also painted the wood trim that has been removed. One of them broke into 3 pieces! :o I painted it anyways and will use wood glue to put them back together. It looks like it is that pressed wood instead of solid wood. These places are made very cheap!

Then this evening I went to paint the path on the deck, but when I removed the painters tape, the primer paint came up with it! :shock: Not all of it, but just a few places. The paint must not have been completely dry when I put the tape on. Will have to repaint those spots with primer again, and wait for a day or so before repainting the color paint. I painted the path with the primer last, so I guess I didn't wait long enough before taping it off. So, a little delay but it will get done. :roll:

Gonna take an Advil PM tonight so I hopefully will sleep good all thru the night. I have had indigestion all day today so wasn't feeling too peppy. Not sure what brought that on.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby MandysMom » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:11 am

Barbara, we found out in 2008, when Mel and I renovated my child home after a renter died, that you only leave painters tape, even the pricey stuff, in place until paint is just dry- an hour or two, or it will pull paint up! We had painted the kitchen, and waited until next morning to remove the pricey Frog tape, and it pulled a lot of paint! I had to repaint an area!
Went back to ask at Hi,e Depot and the manager of paint said , yeah, you need to remove it right away or it does that. Lesson learned that day !
Velda
MandysMom

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:27 am

Thanks for letting me know!

-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee