finish line Tuesday!

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

finish line Tuesday!

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:00 pm

Good late morning gals!

I didn't sleep well last night so I slept in until 10. Then got up and got started on the deck. I rolled on the new paint and it went on really nice! It is thick and has a slight texture to it but it rolled really well. Only took me about 10 minutes to roll the whole deck (other than my small path to the steps from the porch). Then used up the paint in the pan to paint around the railing posts with a brush. Still have about 2/3' s of a can of paint left, so no problem doing a second coat. It should look really nice when it is all done! I have a couple pieces of wood trim I need to paint yet as well but that won't take long. I am pretty happy and relieved this morning! I had read reviews on this paint and most of them were positive but some said the texture stuff stuck to the bottom of the can, so I got a paint mixer that goes on my drill and used that before starting. Some others said it left roller marks but they probably didn't smooth out the paint or do a second coat or use the fuzzy roller that was recommended.

I am hoping to get the second coat done yet later today but it is already getting hot out and no breeze, so am not sure how long it will take to really dry. I could wait until tomorrow morning to do the second coat. Maybe I will do that, and just paint the path to the stairs tonight.

Got the AC on already but that is because I am heated up from working outside. I need to get one of those terry cloth head bands to keep the sweat from running in my eyes like the tennis players wear.

I really need to start cleaning up the house while I let the paint dry. It is a mess and I want it clean before I leave next week. I could do a couple rooms today. Also really need to clean out the fridge and take out the trash and water bottles. Good thing to do today before I take a shower later.

Sandy, good to hear from you! How are you doing? Have you gotten back to your painting?

Lynn, glad you got that hernia taken care of easily. And happy you had a good visit with your daughter. My short-term memory sucks too!

Need to make some plans for my trip. Maybe even get some reading done today! Have a few library books to get to.

Have a good day!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Re: finish line Tuesday!

Postby OregonLuvr » Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:37 pm

Good for you Barbie finishing your project more or less. Mine is a work in progress. When the day is nice I work outside, rainy I will work inside. Lowe's has their mulch on sale 5/$10.00 such a deal So I went over yesterday afternoon and got 10 bags. After working around here most of the day I didnt have the energy to unload those heavy bags so I did it this morning. Got my storage shed pretty much organized. Cut up a couple of large cardboard boxes so now I have more room in there. Found all my paint supplies so tomorrow I can do a little more in the bathroom. My mud should come today or tomorrow. If it comes today I will work on that tomorrow unless it is a nice day then I will be working outside . Just came in to have some lunch then will head back out to spread some of the mulch in my front yard. Then I will start putting my round raised beds together. I am in no hurry right now as just a tad early to be buying plants for me so no rush. I like to pace myself. My back was hurting this morning a bit but knew I had to unload the mulch in my car so took a couple Motrin and Tulenol. All fixed up now. My favorite cocktail. I need to go shovel more old dirt into my large raised bed but wont do it today as I dont want to irritate my back. So just puttering this afternoon.

Edited to add NOT getting my mud today, just my drywall knives, sanding blocks and dog pee pads. NOT for my dog, I use them to put my paint can on in case I spill, they work great.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:31 pm

Thanks Karen for the puppy pad idea! :D I have those around to use for lots of things but hadn't thought of that!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Bethers » Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:29 pm

Good job Barbie. And I agree, Karen, I wouldn't have thought about using puppy pads but that is really smart.

The introvert in me had me walking around looking at possible different sites. I have great neighbors but feel I have to be too sociable lol. I found a site on a very short road at the end. The porch looks to the fence between this property and whoever is on the other side. So I talked to the manager. It'll be a little work for him but he's up to it. And I have one of the guys here that'll move my tt. So when (whenever!) I leave for Arizona, that same day before pulling out, we'll get the tt moved to the new site. I won't hookup until I come back in the fall. If there's any problem getting the tt in the spot, level, etc, it'll simply move back to it's current site. But I know I'll prefer it there. I'll get enough people time when Ty gets walked. My immediate neighbor left this morning to head north for the summer. She's been a good neighbor, but I still think this will be the best for me.

I just cooked a frozen pizza for dinner. Half is in the fridge for tomorrow. It's close to time to get Ty's dinner. I'm watching a couple more episodes of Ghosts. I'm surprised it's keeping me as entertained as it is. I like being surprised like this.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Bethers » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:18 pm

I've been meaning to take a couple pictures here in my current park. Finally took one tonight. They don't have a phobia about colors. This pic shows a site with two sets of blue steps and a blue storage building, none of which would have been acceptable at my last park. And, yes, he has blue on his tt like I do.

And there's one with orange steps. OMG, they may have had a
heart attacks over those. Lol. No pic at this time.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Acadianmom » Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:55 pm

About all I did today was go to Lowe's and buy a dryer. They are suppose to deliver it tomorrow. I don't know how I can get so little done in a day. I need to set the alarm so I can get a path cleared to get the dryer in. I will have to take a couple of panels down on Luna's fence. My ex-sister-in-law called and talked to me for an hour. I sure have some windy relatives.

Barbie, your deck looks nice. You are doing a good job.

I put puppy pads in front of the litter boxes. The cats get litter on the floor in front of the boxes so I can pick the pad up and put the litter back in the box. Sometimes Stinky doesn't get far enough in the litter box and pees out the door. :roll: I got tired of cleaning up her mess.

There is some bad weather in East Texas and North Louisiana. I think it's suppose to get here in the morning. I put the truck under the carport incase there is hail. Sure hope we don't have any tornadoes.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby snowball » Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:24 am

I got up early for me.... and made hot fudge pudding cake.... got it out and into the car without spilling any (I think if I had had time to let it sit it wouldn't have been so oh slushy) :roll: also took crackers with cream cheese and red pepper jelly on it ... something I like and some ate some didn't glad I cut the cream cheese in half :lol: now what to do with the rest of the red pepper jelly ???? but back to the cake got to the church ok had a friend come out and help take stuff in she attempted to get cake out of the car but split some of the sauce she did a really good job cleaning it up brought some home thinking tomorrow I will have some with ice cream ... super easy to make had I just did the recipe instead of doubling it would have not had any left over... or if I'd put it in a higher edge pan it wouldn't have split but the world is full of what if's
came home and decided I needed a nap then read scriptures talked with one of my dd's for a bit she was going to try the new tic tock recipe .... later tonight she said that it was really good even without the herbs that she forgot...
was still full when I emerged from my room so decided that food wasn't happening made pop corn instead tasted good
the owner of the previous campground wouldn't like it in MX where the houses are so colorful I don't think... I wouldn't do well in a HOA where you are in most HOA regulated so much... one shouold be able to put plants whether artificial or real wherever one pleases
hopefully all will work out where you want to move the TT
Barbie they also in the article said how big the cats are even how much they like the outside and chill... they are also related to the cat you mentioned that the short term memory isn't pulling up .... my youngest dd had one KeeKee was a special cat... and I have always wanted one... oh another thing with the Norwegian Forest Cat they like other pets so will probably get along with other cats and or dogs... we will see what I do in the future
glad you healed well Lyn
Sandi happy to see you as well
I'm so slow on reading the books I have delivered... I think I need to go to bed earlier so I can read longer as it is I stay up so I can give mom her pain pill at 12 maybe start giving it to her at 11 I've really cut back on the books I get read in a month running out of space on the shelves I cleared ... going to have to figure out what to do with some of the albums (photo) so we can know what to do with them when we clean out the house ... property is in a demand her the one house next to moms is mostly vacant I think they are gone for the winter or perhaps will be putting it up for sale in the spring the one on the other side of mom has terminal cancer and mom is 97 if I was a developer and knew this I would be ready to snatch up all three properties all are large yards.... and a view of the Grand well you can see it :lol: it would be quite a space for town houses or several smaller homes
making a dish cloth for #3 dd about another 2inches maybe ... and I might make a companion to go with it they got the large cone of cotton yarn so have the yarn for another one
that porch is going to look great Barbi
you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Return to Morning Coffee