Solar Eclipse Monday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Solar Eclipse Monday

Postby Bethers » Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:12 am

I hope those of you who are in the path are able to see this. It's supposed to be 90% here, but we have cloud cover so will probably only notice it getting dark. And I'll be not looking at the sky, following doctors orders as I said yesterday.

Time to get a good walk in.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Re: Solar Eclipse Monday

Postby Redetotry » Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:37 am

Beth agree with your doctor!! I had cataract surgery 2 years ago and my. eyes are still sensitive. It is only 9:30 here and the eclipse isn't supposed to start until 12:42. I'm inside but the room I'm in has floor to ceiling windows on 3 sides. I lowered the blinds around 8:30 when my eyes started burning and I now have my sunglasses on! A friend was sitting on her deck as we were talking about 8:30 this morning and I said the sunlight coming in has changed almost like it is a little cloudy. She is about 20 miles away and suddenly said I see what you mean it is really different. Before long it went back to full sun but we both noticed the weird change.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby BarbaraRose » Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:44 am

Good morning gals!

The eclipse is supposed to start here in about a half hour. We are only getting about 30% tho.

Why do projects take way more time and money than you think?? :? I still am not done with the primer paint. Ran out the day before so got another quart yesterday and used almost all of that and not sure I have enough to finish. I should have just bought a gallon. Buying quarts is adding up way more than a gallon would have been. :roll: I still have to finish one corner yet with the second coat. I need to finish this project tomorrow before the 90* heat rolls on on Wednesday!

I got up this morning thinking I have a UTI. Will probably end up going to Urgent Care for that later today. Also have cracks in my heels which is making it very uncomfortable to walk.

Have a haircut to do before noon and then will start back on the deck again. It is breezy out so that will help me feel cooler and dry the paint faster.

Have a good day!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby OregonLuvr » Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:59 pm

Morning. No eclipse for us. Too far west AND very cloudy so would miss it anyway even if we were closer. I saw the one in 2017 so I am good. Had breakfast, took a shower in the guest bathroom so I didnt steam up my bathroom after sealing the drywall. Was a wee bit chilly since I forgot to bring my bathrobe with me...oh well.
It is chilly out so will wait a bit until after lunch to go out and finish organizing my shed. Need to find the rest of my paint supplies for later this week. I have to do this in stages so things have time to dry in between applications. So far just the sealer and will put another coat of that on later today. Will apply the mud Wednesday, It has a 20 minute drying time but will still let it dry out longer than that of course. Trying not to make any mistakes. We will see how that goes since I have never repaired drywall before.But so far so good.
Will have lunch in a while then head outside.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby Bethers » Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:27 pm

Somehow I managed to put my address at the old park on an order without realizing it. So tomorrow I'm going over to pick it up. I thought I'd deleted it from everywhere I order from, but obviously not.

Do any of you watch Ghosts? I'd never heard of it but discovered it's on season 3 so decided to see what it's about. I've just watched the first 4 episodes of season 1 and laughed a lot. I'm about to walk Ty then maybe I'll watch another episode or two.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby JudyJB » Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:25 pm

I went out to visit an historical botanical garden just south of Sarasota. I had never been there before, so arrived there and saws gatehouse with no one in it, so i turned into the big parking lot. There was a sign pointing to a small road to the gardens. Except what I did not realize was that I had parked in a library parking lot and that there was another parking lot closer to the gardens. By the time I realized that I was halfway there, and it turned out to be a very long walk. Turned out to be at least 1,400'!! Anyway, I complained that instead of a sign just pointing to the gardens, the sign should have said parking that way with an arrow. Anyway, they did give me a ride back in a golf cart. I just get really tired walking long distances without being able to rest somewhere.

Anyway, had a good lunch at their cafe, which also slightly irritated me because it had a menu without prices. Lady said she could tell me prices if I asked, but that is not the point!! Waldorf chicken salad was good but it was $9 and coke was $4, which I think is a bit steep. Am I being unreasonable to know prices without having to ask about each item???

I am heading to Sebastian Inlet SP on the Atlantic Coast tomorrow. Will be there about 9 days and then heading to the panhandle for three weeks.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby snowball » Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:22 am

I've been going to mention this for awhile so will start out with it... Sharon at the training school did they have a treadle machine that shoot totally spacing out your dog's name Buddy perhaps mind isn't working I guess anyway if they did and he walked on it could you go back and reintroduce him to it then take him home and have him try yours? maybe it will carry over..
I watched a post on FB yesterday or perhaps it was yahoo don't remember 31 reasons to get a Norwegian Forest cat... never heard of them but it sold me on getting one :lol: I mean who can resist fluff easy to train cuddles a lot intelligent I don't remember the rest but really made it sound like they were a good kitty to have my mom is allergic to cats... so won't happen any more than getting a dog right now...
have a pot luck to go to tomorrow I am not sure what I will make and right now if anything :oops: giving thought to a block of cream cheese topped with red pepper jelly and crackers or possibly hot fudge pudding cake if I can get up in time it's yummy but does take 45 mins to bake so guess we will see
I saw one of the meteorologist in Utah show how to make a box so you could view the eclipse without looking at it...but it was too cloudy here for any chance of seeing it ... I'm glad that some got to see it
didn't accomplish much today gave mom her shower and set her hair then read scriptures I missed the evening session of conference so watched it ... we can be grateful for technology
you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Postby Acadianmom » Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:02 am

It rained all morning so I didn't think I would get to see any of the Eclipse but right before it started the clouds broke up some and I could see the sun. I went to the barn and got the welding helmet. The cats and I sat on the back steps and watched the Eclipse. The wind was blowing the clouds so the view would come and go. I think we were suppose to have 88% cover but I didn't find it got very dark. Some of the people on TV sure got excited about it.

Beth, I have watched Ghosts some. I think it was during the summer break rerun Ghost shows would come on and then a show like Ghost from another country would show. I think it might have been England's Ghost. That was weird.

This afternoon I picked up my tax papers and went to Lafayette for our Meetup at the pizza place. I ordered a 12 inch pizza and brought half of it home. This morning I washed a load of clothes and my dryer kept throwing an error code so I had to hang things in the bathroom since it was raining. Tomorrow I have to go look for a new dryer. I hope the local Lowe's has a cheap one in stock.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:51 am

Judy, I have never heard of or seen a menu with no prices (unless it is a super pricey restaurant). What a PITA to have to ask the prices for everything! I would not like that at all.

Beth, I started watching Ghosts when it first came on but lost interest after awhile.

Sheila, Norwegian Forest cats are huge! :shock: They are the largest domestic cats. Google photos of them and you will see how big they are. :o A great cat that is a smaller version of those is the Maine Coon cat. They are still larger than the average cat but very laid back and smart. I had one once and he was the best cat ever!
Here is a photo of a Norwegian Forest cat...

Not much of an eclipse here. Didn't even get a little bit darker here. Was really windy all day tho.

I did go to Urgent Care before noon. Got an antibiotic to take for the UTI.

I ended up running out of primer before I finished so had to get another quart. :roll: Note to self: always get more paint than you think you will need! Did get it all finished with the primer this evening. Will get up early tomorrow and roll the paint on it. I am ready to be done with this project!
Here are before (with carpet) and after pics...

The final color will be the same as the peachy/beige on the lower part of the wall (or "band-aide" color, as I like to call it!)

The cats aren't happy about not being able to go out on the porch but I have all my painting stuff out there and I don't want them to get into any of it.

Off to bed...
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby SoCalGalcas » Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:56 am

Didn’t see the eclipse. Saw the pictures, and sun was covered partway. No noticeable darkness occurred.
Loved the picture of Norwegian Forest cat! If I am ever ( probably not) allowed to get a at, I would like a Maine Coon.
Taxes are done, filed and setup for estimated taxes this year.
My daughter who was visiting helped me do them. You would think as I have the same financial situation every year, they should be easy. But, to me they are difficult.
Had a big family party at SD daughters on Sunday. Weather quite nice, so sat outside. NH daughter flew home this morning. We had such a nice visit I am going to miss her.
I. Had a hernia repair couple of weeks ago. Done as outpatient. No big deal. Am all recovered.
Short term memory is shot! Frustrated.
Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby monik7 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:01 am

Barbie, your hard work on your front deck is really looking great. You’ve done a good job. Can’t wait to see the finished product.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby JudyJB » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:59 pm

I agree about the deck. It looks terrific without the carpeting--and a lot easier to keep clean. Maybe a nice welcome mat now?

Made it to Sebastian Inlet. Nice and cool here because we are almost on the ocean. This state park is on the strip of land that makes a bunch of barrier islands, and the campground in on the opposite side of the highway, but on a big inlet that goes from the Atlantic into the Indian River, which is the waterway between the islands and the mainland. There is a big highway bridge that goes over the inlet, so it is a fairly easy walk under it to the ocean beach. Nice breeze tonight, at least.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Return to Morning Coffee