Sunny Sunday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Sunny Sunday

Postby Othersharon » Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:59 am

Good morning! The sun is finally actually out today. I was beginning to wonder if we’d ever see something besides rain. Maybe I won’t have to buy a boat after all! I may even try to venture out to the project for a nice walk with Buddy. It’ll probably still be wet and
puddles in part of it but if I put Buddy on the longer leash I can let him explore on the sides and I can stay mostly on the road even though it isn’t paved. Plus we’ll be in the woods so the wind isn’t as bad. Yesterday’s walk around the neighborhood was brutal with the wind. Guess that makes me a wimp! Cold I can handle but not wind. I’m looking forward to Tuesday when it’s supposed to be 73! Already planning a day of working outside. We did have a frost last night so maybe our last one…or not. Hard to tell. Otherwise nothing planned for today other than a walk. The rest can just fall into place and happen as it happens. I need to hard boil some eggs since I’ve been thinking about an egg salad sandwich for days now. Last night I tried a new recipe for oven fried chicken and it turned out pretty good. I’ll probably make it again sometime. It said to use a cast iron skillet and I think that was the secret. Unfortunately I only high a big skillet so maybe it is time to quit thinking about it and try to find a smaller one since I’m only doing smaller meals and really don’t need the big one plus it’s so heavy to handle. Then I can donate the big one. Something to think about. Likes like we may have cloudy skies tomorrow so probably disappoint a bunch of people wanting to see the eclipse even though we are supposed to experience about 95% of it here in this area. I hope you all have a great day today.
Othersharon

Re: Sunny Sunday

Postby OregonLuvr » Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:50 pm

Afternoon Sharon. Our weather is just iffy today. Clouds, then sun peeks out, then rain shower. So not even planning on any outside work today. We have better weather coming this week in the mid 60's and 71 on Wed. They keep changing the temps thos so who knows.
Didnt do much this morning except clean my tv's and empty out the fridge. Found things I didnt even know I had in there but now they are gone.
Wanted to watch my Sunday evening shows tomrrow but they wont be on due to CBS airing the CMT awards. Oh well. I have plenty of other stuff to watch in the evening. I was doing a little retail therapy today. I was looking for an over the toilet storage unit with doors and a shelf. Finally found one I like and wont break the bank. I dont have a medicine cabinet in either bathroom. Dont really need one in the guest bathroom but now I keep everything in my linen closet in my bathroom. Not ideal. I would like to organize meds and some other stuff. I will still keep some stuff in there of course. Would be too bulky for this unit. So decided I would get one of these. Found one at Home Depot and they will deliver it in 10 days but it is free so I can wait. $20 cheaper than Amazon too.

Pulled out some salmon to make for dinner tonight. I was trying to plan some meals for this week but didnt get too far. Guess it is because I am full from lunch right now. I like to plan 3 or 4 meals and wing the rest of them as I usually end up with leftovers and of course I have do ahead meals in my freezer. I wont starve.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby BirdbyBird » Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:41 pm

I have spent the last two days driving up to nearby dog show to watch two of Jane's kids run around the ring. They both took turns winning along with other English Cockers that belong to the owner of the pup's sire. It is pleasant when folks come together to create points and then everyone share over the weekend.

Lark and Jane and I then proceeded on about 30 minutes up the country road to another more rural campground that is in the middle of the path of the 100% total eclipse. It is pretty deserted this evening, I expect more folks will arrive tomorrow to hang out, but I will enjoy not having to think about traffic. And yes it may be partially cloudy tomorrow in SW Ohio but clouds or no clouds....the sky will change. Since I have never bothered to drive across country to see one before, I realized that I was never going to get a better option that an hour from the house.

My exercises and classes at the Y still seem to be strengthening my back and keeping my joints more flexible. The swimming laps continues to amaze me. Between exercises and eating better my body just may have a chance of keeping me mobile.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Cudedog » Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:00 pm

BirdbyBird wrote:I have spent the last two days driving up to nearby dog show to watch two of Jane's kids run around the ring. They both took turns winning along with other English Cockers that belong to the owner of the pup's sire. It is pleasant when folks come together to create points and then everyone share over the weekend.

Lark and Jane and I then proceeded on about 30 minutes up the country road to another more rural campground that is in the middle of the path of the 100% total eclipse. It is pretty deserted this evening, I expect more folks will arrive tomorrow to hang out, but I will enjoy not having to think about traffic. And yes it may be partially cloudy tomorrow in SW Ohio but clouds or no clouds....the sky will change. Since I have never bothered to drive across country to see one before, I realized that I was never going to get a better option that an hour from the house.

My exercises and classes at the Y still seem to be strengthening my back and keeping my joints more flexible. The swimming laps continues to amaze me. Between exercises and eating better my body just may have a chance of keeping me mobile.

Hello, Tina, and all those hoping to see the eclipse. I drove to the one that was in Oregon a few years back - 1 1/2 days drive (one way!), but well worth it. I will never regret making the effort to go see it.

Here's hoping for clear skies for tomorrow in the path of the eclipse.

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby Bethers » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:46 pm

Being so soon after my cataract surgeries I was told not to go to a totality location. Makes sense. It'll be 90% here, if not cloudy, and I was still told to not look even with the glasses. I will live vicariously through you, Tina, and several other friends who are going to see it tomorrow.

It's been cloudy, humid and raining off and on all day today. I'm running the AC more than normal for me, but it's helping with the humidity inside. And I'll need it tonight and probably tomorrow night when temps will stay in the low 70's all night with high humidity. Then temps drop to windows open again.

Karen, I forgot about those shows not being on. I'm behind in a couple series I started watching so will have no problem finding things to watch, I'm sure. Lots of movies I've marked to watch but for some reason I haven't been watching them. They aren't going anywhere, so their time will come also.

Sharon, I thought of you today as Ty and I were avoiding puddles and mud. Luckily we could avoid it.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby OregonLuvr » Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:43 pm

I got a burst of motivation this afternoon and started on my bathroom. Managed to remove the damaged drywall stuff, cut a circle around it like the video said LOL it came right off, Had quite a few spots where they tore out my old bigger garden tub and casing and it tore the drywall. Then removed about 10 nails for who knows what reason they put them in. Glad they were small ones. Then scraped the remaining drywall tears and then applied my GARDZ sealer. Once it dries in a couple days I am giving it because I want to put another coat on tomorrow then I can apply the joint compound, let that dry and sand it down. Then I can paint the primer. Once that is all finished and dry I will go get my silica sand and texture the wall around my shower. If that goes well then I will finish the other walls in my bathroom. I want to do the wall behind my toilet before I put up my organizer. I am done now for today.....whew. I need to find the rest of my paint supplies out in the shed before I do any painting. Still mulling over how I want to apply the textured paint because there are a couple of ways, roller, brush, sponge, paper towel. I am leaning towards the roller and brush. We shall see which works better.

Beth I am caught up on my shows and was looking forward to Sunday night shows I can watch on Monday but alas they wont be on this week, oh well. Like you I have plenty of other shows to watch. I like watching the shows that are on for a season. Usually 12-20 episodes. I can watch one for an hour then go do something, come back and move on to the next one LOL I am like a fidgety kid I guess. I am watching an easy watching detective show now on Peacock. Not alot of shooting and car chases I like that. I often fast forward to the part where they catch them LOL
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby Acadianmom » Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:44 pm

I never did remember to look for the Eclipse glasses and didn't walk out to the barn to see if there are welders glasses. They are still saying that it's going to be cloudy. It's going to be on TV anyway. There's a website that will show you how much of sun the moon will cover in your area if you put in your zip code.

This morning I made a batch of corn and crab bisque to put in the freezer. I wrote small containers on my shopping list to get when I went to town. What do you think was the first thing I saw on the computer, Tupperware containers. They are reading my mind again. lol They are prediction a bad hurricane season this year so I should be emptying the freeze instead of putting more in. I found a pound of ground pork in the freezer. The only thing I do with a pound of pork is make a dressing recipe from my friend's husband. I guess I could make it and freeze it in serving sizes.

When I went to the doctor I ask to be check for a urinary tract infection. The last time I complained about having to go to the bathroom all the time that's what I had. They told me they would call me with the results if I had one and never heard from them so thought I was ok. This morning I got a text from Walmart that I had a prescription for Cipro pills. The pills came with 6 pages front and back of warnings about the pills. :shock:

We have a Meetup meal tomorrow night at a Pizza place. I haven't had pizza in a while except for a slice from Sam's.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Redetotry » Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:30 am

Bethers wrote:Being so soon after my cataract surgeries I was told not to go to a totality location. Makes sense. It'll be 90% here, if not cloudy, and I was still told to not look even with the glasses. I will live vicariously through you, Tina, and several other friends who are going to see it tomorrow.

Beth, I am wondering why your eye doctor said not to go to a totality location. It is going to be the longest here over 4 minutes. I don't plan to look except when it is total but then will use the glasses. I am curious though to see how the dogs and other animals react. None of the dogs will be allowed outside until it is over.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby Bethers » Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:04 am

BJ, while my eyes are still healing, he doesn't want any chances taken. I agree with him.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Return to Morning Coffee