Sunny Saturday 4/6

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Sunny Saturday 4/6

Postby Colliemom » Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:21 am

Morning. Nice day coming up here at the 45th. Highs in mid 50’s expected. Be good afternoon to do a little work outside. Tomorrow supposed to be same, but tad warmer.

Ran my errands yesterday, dogs and I had a nice walk despite chilly north wind, but most of our walk was out of the wind. Got the “kids” outfits changed over. Have a couple holes where the screws came through to touch up this morning and one hand on the girl needed some new paint. The bodies are starting to show some scratches and wear on the wood from all the changing over of outfits from last year. Probably going to have to make new ones eventually. Anita, They have been keeping warm in my basement all Winter as I don’t decorate out there during the winter. Still had the Christmas outfits on :lol:

Judy, why is your aunts account locked till after probate? Being her personal representative, don’t you have a legal POA from the court to access that stuff? Once you have that, a copy of the Death certificate, a tax ID number or EIN, you should be able to combine all the assests into an estate account to pay necessary bills, taxes, etc. My dad had POA access to his aunts accounts while he was personal rep. Was able to sell her stocks, move her bank accounts etc. and set up an estate account, while Will was in probate.

Martha, hope your MH is fixed ince and for all. Irmi, I’m enjoying reading your posts with the H missing from some words :lol: I think it was you. Who asked if I had started another Diamond Painting. The answer is no, not at the moment. I wanted to get those signs done for my cousin and the decorations ready for the front entrance. But I will be starting shortly as I am missing doing it in the evenings. Beth, hope you and Barbie get connected while she’s in AZ.

Tine to get moving here. Got things to do around here this morning and tines a’wastin. Have a nic dsy all.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Sunny Saturday 4/6

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:21 am

Good morning gals!

Went to HD yesterday and got a small tub of wood filler. Much easier to use than the tubes! Did some more filling and sanding. Today I will sand the last couple areas I filled in front of the door and top of steps. Then I will tape everything off and run a damp mop over all of it. I hope to put the primer on this afternoon or tomorrow morning. I still need to buy the paint, and found what I want on line at HD. It has a slight texture to it but not gritty like my neighbor's deck. I need to get that on before Wednesday when the temps will be in the 90's here and for the foreseeable future! :o

Looks like a nice day today. Light breeze and mid 70's. I've got to enjoy it before the heat comes!

Have a good day!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Redetotry » Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:14 pm

I went to a yard sale this morning, a first for me in a very long time. It was amazing especially the jewelry, plus beautiful sari's and silk shawls. I bought silver and amber earrings and a silk scarf for a friend and a necklace for me. Most for under $5.00!! I also went to the farmers market but it was so crowded I only walked through part. It was 49 and windy out and there were people with very little on. One woman had on a short sundress with spaghetti straps. I can't imagine she was comfortable unless she was still hung over or already stoned. The town is already crowded. a friend is staying about 25 miles away from where they have reservations at a winery to watch the eclipse which is at two. She thinks they may need to start out at 8:00AM to be able to get there in time! All the schools are closed as buses couldn't get the kids home plus most businesses and some grocery stores. It is obviously going to be a traffic nightmare. They are asking people to not plan to leave town immediately after the Eclipse so the traffic won't be quite so bad.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby Irmi » Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:32 pm

Good afternoon Sue, Barbie & BJ and all!

Sue, yes, its Steves laptop where the letter after G doesn't work. Judy, I did see your message about taking the key off and cleaning it. Just haven't done it yet. Barbie, I know your deck will look really nice once you're done. BJ, I had no idea the traffic would be that bad!

It was 55 degrees when I got up and now it is 73 and sunny. I just finished watering the plants and buses outside. I want to take a Texas Seet Cake for the potluck tomorrow after the service. I have the ingredients out but need to get that going. A couple days ago I made a pot of pea soup and that will be our dinner this evening. Folks are slowly leaving the resort.
Irmi

Postby Othersharon » Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:07 pm

Good afternoon all. I had a post ready to send the other day but it went poof. For some reason it said I needed to sign in again, I have been noticing that every so often I have a message appear saying I've lost connection and then fairly quickly it says I’m reconnected. Not sure why it’s been happening and haven’t found a solution for it. Any ideas? We seem to have survived the storms from the other day. We had 2 days of pretty much steady heavy rain and the flooding was awful all over this part of PA and extended farther too. They say we got much more than the average rainfall for the month of April in those 2 days. Creeks and rivers are still running high and fast. Luckily this end of town usually does okay but the other side tends to flood so needless to say I just stayed off the roads. Plus the one day we had about everything all in the daytime….rain, wind, snow, hail, and some sun. But we are forecasted to have some nice days this week with some higher temps and sunshine. With a bit of rain in between. I would like to go for a nice walk at the project where we usually walk but I’m a bit hesitant since the creek runs right up to the road in a few places and I’m not sure the dirt road has dried out enough to walk. Of course I’m wishing Buddy would use the treadmill but he still hasn’t done it yet. I did manage to get him on it for a few steps before he jumped off so I know I need to figure out something to secure the sides so he can’t get off so easily. I still think now it’s more stubbornness on his part. Martha, I enjoyed seeing your roses, never had any luck with them but I do enjoy seeing them. Judy, I wondered also about your situation with your aunt’s estate. When my mom passed I was able to establish an account as the “estate of” at the bank and could write checks from that account for any bills or whatnot. But also realize that every state may differ in requirements. They are saying we may have a frost at night in the next couple of days so know if I decide to put any plants in I need to wait. Karen, admire that you managed to refrain from buying any plants. I stay away from the garden section this time of the season since I know from experience it’s far to soon to plant anything. But it’s nice to see the trees blooming and starting to leaf out, imagine this week there will be a big difference since we are supposed to have higher temps and sunshine. I don’t usually have any trouble adjusting to the time change but I’m finding I’m still seeming to do things more on the “old” time and it seems to be affecting my sleep schedule and everything else. Not that I have a rigid schedule but notice I look at the clock and it’s an hour later than I think it should be. Ah, the life of a retiree! Beth, are you going to be able to move the TT to a new site? I ran into one of the nurses from where my DH worked the other day and we chatted for awhile. Turns out that she and her husband have a TT and have been enjoying it along with their family. Small world, haven’t seen her in years. Sue, we got part of the storm that came across from what you had but rain instead of snow! What snow we got didn’t even stick. Anyway, I’m rambling so best get back to my chores and accomplish something today! Have a great weekend and hoping for good health for each of you and your families.
Othersharon

Postby OregonLuvr » Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:28 pm

Well I thought I might go out and shovel some dirt into my big raised bed but alas we had too much rain and it was difficult. Also cold and windy out so brought my butt back inside. Henry is busy vacuuming so decided I should dust. I dont know why I always forget to dust. Going to wash the kitchen floor after Henry is finished and recharges so he can vacuum it first. Will take the meat off the rotisserie chicken I bought yesterday and put some in the freezer and make a chicken casserole. Will save some out for a teriyaki bowl.
We have rain predicted for today and tomorrow but this coming week looks good so I will probably be able to work outside. I still need to wash my car so we will see what this week brings.
Thought about going to our local Farmers market this morning but most have the same vendors. I dont need any tie dyed shirts etc or homemade soaps, jewelry etc I like it better when they have the produce available. They have baked goods but I sure dont need any of those. Making a chia seed pudding this week, a friend recommended it, we shall see. I have all the ingredients except for the mason jars. I ordered a pack of the 4oz jars. Can also use them for dressings, sauces, small volume jams. They weren't expensive so thought they might come in handy. I like to try new things, some work, some absolutely do not. ha ha
Time to look for some lunch.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby Shirlv » Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:10 pm

Evening All, We had 9” of rain in two days with last storm. Osharon I live on Marylands eastern shore so usually share your weather but we are a little warmer. Tuesday suppose to be sunny and 76°, I can’t wait. Had a fun day at Lowe’s today, buying plants, Black Cow compost and manure.The soil here is like a sand box. The raised bed soil is too wet to do anything. While waiting for better weather I ordered a 2 pack of Terrell is for sugar snap peas. Wonky eyes and brain did not pick up they needed to be assembled. They came in a box a little longer than a shoe box. Direction was a picture, easy enough except trellis is not metal but plastic an black. I couldn’t see how to fit together but could feel them. Was too hard so goy pliers. Didn’t slide together easy. Almost ready to turn over to sil. Balled up a napkin in a custard dish and saturated it with olive oil. Rubbed ends of pieces across the napkin and they slid in place. lol Very satisfying. Now just waiting for warm temps and sunshine
Be safe

Does anyone remember the company name where Liz buys salmon.
Shirl
Maryland

She believed she could, so she did..R.S. Grey
Shirlv

Postby JudyJB » Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:26 pm

Sue, I don't know if the laws are different from state to state, but the lawyers in Georgia told us that the POA expires the minute my aunt died. And indeed, both checking accounts, and all investments, are frozen because monies now belong to the estate. That was why there was a $99 Billion negative balance in both checking accounts--the banks shut them both down. I cannot become executor until the court approves the will and my appointment. I will be able to get that EIN or tax ID number at that point. I think they are a lot more careful with keeping estates safe from people taking the money without authorization these days.

Once I am approved as the official executor, I will need to open a new checking account in the name of the estate, and then I can legally sell investments and transfer all funds into that account. (The bank and investment companies will require paperwork from the court before it will allow me to do that.) I will be able to pay bills immediately, but I was told we need to advertise for any debts my aunt may have had for I think a month. (The good thing about this requirement is that if someone does not notify us within that time period, they are out of luck and cannot try to collect from any of the beneficiaries or from me!) Then I will be able to divide up the money and disperse it to the several relatives who are getting a share of the estate. However, I will need to keep some percentage for another period in case something else pops up, like federal and state taxes for 2024, which we will not be able to file until Jan 2025!

In the meantime, most of the beneficiaries are children of my aunt's siblings, and they are wanting their money fast. (Me too, for that matter, but none of us are going to be rich because the estate is divided among so many individuals.)

By the way, I learned that a lot of this could have been avoided had my aunt and uncle set up a trust, as they had originally planned to. Unfortunately, dementia got them before they got around to doing it.)
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Acadianmom » Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:08 pm

I decided to go mow in Maurice again since there is a chance of rain tomorrow and 80% chance on Monday. Part of the yard needed mowing twice since it was too wet the last time I mowed. I needed to get gas in the truck and didn't want to go through a gas station with the trailer so went to town and filled up the truck. Filled up two gas cans while I was at it. Came home and hooked up the trailer and went to mow. I mowed the yard here when I got back so I should be good for a week or so. The grass is starting to grow fast now. My son doesn't keep their back yard mowed often. The neighbor behind them got tired of looking at their yard so put up a board fence so she can't see it. She likes their dog so left a window so she could see Frankie and give him treats. lol

Sue, I doubt my electrical problem with the air conditioner tripping the breaker is fixed. They checked it and said everything is working like it should. It's one thing to plug the motorhome in at the shop where there is good electric power. It's another thing to be plugged in at a campground with 100 degree heat and a 100 campers running their air air conditioner. If I still have a problem this summer I'm going to make them change the breaker whether they think it needs to be changed or not.

BJ, I haven't been to a yard sale in years. When my sister and I would be on the road she alway wanted to stop at yard sales. It was ok when I had a smaller RV but I quit stopping. I don't need anything and neither does she. My camping friends like to go to thrift stores and if I'm with them I will go. About the only thing I will buy is a cheap cookbook. In this area there is a place like Goodwill called the ARC. They just recently built a huge new building. I was going to stop one day just to check it out and it wasn't open. The day before the parking lot was full so don't know what was going on. I have a bag of clothes I'm working on getting to them.

Irmi, I use to make the Texas Sheet Cakes but since I quit eating chocolate I quit making them.

I would like to know how many people are going to Texas for the eclipse. The Texas chapter of RVW is having a campout in Junction, TX and the Coach House Owners Club is having a rally in Bandera, Texas. I could have gone to either one of those but not that interested. They told everyone going to come in with everything they need because the traffic is going to be bad. Right now the weather people are saying there is a good chance of it being cloudy. Might be some disappointed people.

It got up to 82 today. It was cloudy so was nice to mow but as soon as the sun started going down it got cool. I had to turn the heat back on.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby JudyJB » Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:04 am

Irmi, I really don't recommend taking the key off and cleaning it. I did that and could never get it back on properly, so I have to hit it really hard now.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby snowball » Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:29 am

made a big pot of hamburger soup sure tasted good to me ... mom ate very little some days she will eat better and then other days not..
woke up to flocked trees but most of it melted was thinking the other day I'd have my wind chimes put back in place but then as I was backing out of the driveway glanced over where they would hang and snow still visible needs to melt more a lot more... I noticed while watching conference that when (either at the beginning or end) the outside of the conference center was shown the daffodils had snow on them
you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Return to Morning Coffee