First Friday of April

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

First Friday of April

Postby Colliemom » Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:27 am

Good Morning. Sun is up and looking like a nice day. Finally rid of that pesky storm that’s been hanging around since Tuesday. Wednesday was like being in the eye of a hurricane. Pretty quiet day, but you could see the storms circulation around us on the radar. Rest moved through yesterday. Some light snow and then on and off showers sometimes mixed with snow. Despite a potential of 2-4 niches, we had probably an inch if that all total. But the UP got dumped on pretty good. Neighbor lost a tree to the winds on Tuesday.

Got the two signs finished for my cousin and took them over yesterday. Now to finish the last of door casing project. Just need to make some final adjustments around one and that will be all. Then will cover the little nail holes. Going back to Diamond Painting again. But mostly in the evenings. Nice working outside weather pattern coming up. And focus is now on the eclipse.

Martha, your roses are beautiful. Maybe the one that keeps growing is a climber and needs a trellis. If it has small red flowers, it could be a Seven Sisters and they’d grow into big bushes. We had one weave its way on our chink link fence down state. My grandfather had one growing up his chimney. They are pretty.

Barbie, nice that you are going to spend time with AZ family. Anita, sorry about all the health issues in the family and all the Hurry up and wait gets frustrating. Beth, sounds like you are ready for another move. Hope it works out.

Heading to town today. Pick up some cable clamps, seed starter kit etc. at Lowes, gas for truck and bit of shopping at Meijer on agenda. Probably work in getting the Darlings, the boy and girl figures, ready to put back out at the front entrance for the season. Definitely a dog walk this afternoon.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: First Friday of April

Postby OregonLuvr » Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:22 am

Morning Sue. Been up for a while, on my second cup of coffee already oh well. Watch says I slept almost 7 hours so that works for me. Another blustery weekend ahead with temps falling into the middle 30's. Rain showers too. BUT we have a good week coming up with sunshine and temps creeping up to low 70's as the week goes on. I didnt buy any plants yesterday as I think I really need to wait another couple of weeks. Wanted to dig in the dirt and keep filling my big raised bed but with the rain the dirt weighs way too much so will let it dry out eventually. I can dump the smaller pots of dirt in it but the big ones I cant even move them hardly.

Think I will shampoo the family room and hallway carpet this morning. Not a deep clean just a medium shampoo. The max setting takes 24hrs to dry so I think the medium will work until warmer weather heads my way. I can hang out in the living room until tomorrow. The dog will adjust ha ha

Martha I agree with Sue it is probably a climbing rose, those things can get way out of control if you dont contain them often. Hope they get your RV fixed once and for all LOL Anita I dont know if your healthcare system has a patient portal but I can usually get labs drawn in the morning and look at them a couple hours later on the portal. My doctors office usually calls me with the results by the end of the day too. I like that. My CT scans takea little longer to post but I dont have to do anymore of them right now YAY I do like the idea of your new class for the Medical profession. Sorry to hear of your brother having to not work, I know how happy he was returning. Hope they can get his labs under control

I have a couple of CD's maturing the end of this month so will reinvest before the Feds decide to cut the rates which they are not sure if they will or wont. Since I dont need that money right now will just see who is paying what before I renew. I dont have any major home improvements this year that will cost me big $$$$ so might as well leave it in CD's.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby Bethers » Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:56 am

This is the latest I've still been in bed in a long time. But when I remembered it was close to 2 am when I most likely feel asleep, vi probably got 7 hours. Good thing I selected 11 am for my pick up order with Walmart. They had a couple out of stocks, one that I wanted but I'll manage without. Might have to run in the store in a couple days for it though. Funny how when we set our mind on something we want to eat, we start craving it.

Barbie, do you know when you'll head to Tucson? It works be great to see you if I'll be back in Arizona by then. And I agree with your sil. I'm not crafty but love Tupac.

Sue, sounds like you've got your days planned. Karen, when I lived in Wisconsin we pretty much had to wait until Memorial Day to plant. The problem was everyone would plant early, their plants would die and then it was slim pickings when we needed ours. We started buying for the motel I managed a week or so ahead of when we could plant and hid them in a corner of the indoor pool area where they could survive until we planted them.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Irmi » Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:20 pm

Good afternoon, ladies!

It's so good being able to communicate with all of you again!

Marta, your roses are beautiful! I know little to nothing about them, but it's good to know we have so many friends ere tat know wat kind tey are. Anita, your family has been through so much and hope tings turn around for tem. Karen, when we lived in MD, we also had a garden and often put my plants in the ground way too early. Bet, without going back through the posts, I can't remember when your refrigerator is coming. Barbie, I know you'll have a good visit with your brother and sil. Velda, I know Cris as to be excited about coming home. Sue, thanks for contacting Bet for me so I could get back here. What DP are you working on now?

I didn't post on the first day of April, but I did say Rabbits. We woke up to 49 degrees this morning and will top off in te mid 70s. Well start warming up next week.

We were on our way to Ocala early tis afternoon but were in stopped traffic and an hour later, made it to the first exit, took it and came back home. Where is everyone going? Our weather has been crazy with lots of winds. Yesterday, a tree fell and killed a 2 year old gelding in Ocala. Spell correct doesn't help all the time, so please excuse typos.
Irmi

Postby chalet05 » Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:33 pm

Good morning!

Sue, I was just thinking about you changing out the 'kids'! Karen, we do have a portal and as of a few minutes ago, my labs all still said 'pending'! Before I got the results yesterday, I got two tests wanting me to take surveys and do a review. CD interest rates are crazy right now, at least on Schwab, shorter periods have higher rates! I have 2 maturing next week. Irmi, that's a lot of traffic! Beth, I like it when someone else hangs out in bed late! :)

We are dry at the moment but rain expected later. Going to get ready and head to the grocery store.
Anita
chalet05

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:35 pm

Good late morning gals!

I slept until 10:30 but didn't get to sleep until after 3am. :shock:

Beth, I will be in Tucson on April 18th to about the 24th, so probably before you head the Benson. :( On the way out there, I plan to stop in Casa Grande and visit the SKP's Coop park and check it out. That would be a great winter "base camp" for me when I get on the road. Close to my brother and SIL, a few miles from the large gourd farm and annual festival, and right between Phoenix and Tucson. They want about $8K for a lot there with a shed. They have a craft room and a woodworking shop I could use to work on my gourd art. Their waiting list for a spot is less than a year.

I want to finish up patching the deck today. The high winds predicted for today are not happening. It was super windy all night but now just a light breeze. Also really need to get my laundry done! I am way behind on that!

I ordered some new windshield wipers for my car which all need replacing including the back window. They are so expensive to buy in the stores and I can never find the smaller size for the back. Found a 3-pack on Amazon for my Jeep and the whole thing was $15! :o I should get those on Tuesday. Then will take my car in for an oil change, tune up, check brakes, etc, and have them put on the wipers for me. Also have them check the leak I have been noticing for awhile under my car. I know it is not oil, it doesn't smell like anti-freeze, so I am thinking it is my windshield washer fluid. I hardly ever use it but I run out of it quickly, so that shouldn't be too hard to fix. Just want the whole car checked out and things taken care of before my trip on the 18th. That will give me some peace of mind when I go.

That's about it here! I better get up and busy before it gets windy later, if that happens like they predicted. Only about 67* for a high today so that is perfect for working outside!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Bethers » Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:05 pm

Barbie, the date I was planning to get back was April 17th. I'm not sure that'll happen. I need the doctor's approval and the dang fridge replaced. But there's still a chance I'll make it then or within the time you'll be in Tucson. So we'll keep in touch about it. I recommended you check out that Escapees Park once before. It's a no frills park but with lots of nice people and very low fees. Financially I probably should have picked it. And weather-wise it's a perfect location for winters. As the first Escapees Co-op park it has smaller and closer sites but that was never an issue for me.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby JudyJB » Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:22 pm

Staying inside day today. Picked up my mail and have several calls to make and a couple of bills to pay. I also have to write to SS and tell them we cannot send them a check for the over-payment of over $4,000 they need returned because my aunt's checking account is frozen and will be that way until the estate goes through probate. So need to type out a letter and mail it.

Also finishing my taxes and need to write out a check to the feds for mine. I did not make many prepayments this year because I got so much last year--like about $3,500!! This year I will owe about $800, which is better than them keeping all that money all year.

I am running out of jam, mostly because i have given a lot of it away, so need to get some frozen cherries and make more next week or so. Freezer is full, so I can't buy them until I am ready.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Acadianmom » Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:45 pm

I picked up my motorhome and got it washed late this afternoon. The wind finally died down so I didn't get soaked. I hope I can get my car washed tomorrow. My shoulder is complaining tonight.

Barbie, glad you get along so well with your sister-in-law. It sounds like you will have a nice trip.

Judy, you talking about the taxes reminded me that I haven't heard anything about my taxes yet. I'll have to call them Monday.

That rose is probably a climbing rose. It gets really big and bushy and I have to keep cutting it back so it doesn't take over the Direct TV dish.

Most night there isn't much on TV and Friday's are even worse. I guess they think people go out so they don't have to show good shows.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby snowball » Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:32 am

Made it to the store today didn't buy any meat so felt like I'm missing something.... and still spent a lot of money for what i got... however they had eggs on sale so did buy a doz eggs...
haven't seen them at I think it was 1.64 for years!!!! since COVID at least
hoping that Beth and Barbie get to get together that would be fun for you all Barbie it sounds like your sister in law is a fun person...
we had wind today was suppose to have had thunderstorms but didn't see or any any of it... it's conference weekend that usually is a sure sign of rain/snow/cold saw that it's suppose to be 20 some odd degree's colder tomorrow than today...and that wind was cold it said it was 55 or so sure didn't feel like it
had to start the hat for the ggs over as it was too small for him this looks huge will hope that it isn't cause I don't know when they can try it on him... just to see if it fits
you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Return to Morning Coffee