Calm Before the Next Round Wednesday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Calm Before the Next Round Wednesday

Postby Colliemom » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:31 am

Good Morning. Today is kind of a quiet, not much of anything happening Weather wise day. We are under the influence of that big storm that has been wreaking havoc all over. Our forecast kept changing because NWS said it is the hardest one to forecast in recent memory. Even the computer models couldn’tget together. It’s a case of the track of the storm is calling the shots. First it was going to be rain followed by heavy accumulating snow and very windy, which it was. 40-50 mph gusts. But the storm tracked right over us and heavy snow went north and northeast. We wound up with rain followed by less than an inch of wet sleet/snow and then back to rain. Right now everything is north across the UP, but the wrap around will be back late tonight and tomorrow, so repeat of same scenerio again. When you look at the radar, it’s like we are in the eye of a hurricane. Everything is swirling around us. So, O’Sharon, can’t say what’s coming your way. But no power outages, so that’s nice.

Will be an inside day today. Working on the two signs for my cousin. Have one 3/4 done, but going to redo part of one line of wording. Should have them both done today. After tomorrow it’s all up hill from here weather wise, so will be workng outside hopefully. Like Karen, house chores will wait for a rainy day.

Nice to see posts from Peggy, Cheryl and Carol the other day. Sounds like you had a good winter Peggy. Sorry to hear of all the issues you and Bill were having last month Carol. Hoping Thty are past you now. . Hope they fix your new home right this time Cheryl. Everybody had a nice Easter from the sounds of it. I enjoyed a nice brunch with my neighbors and than they k the dogs for acrun in the woods. We were out for two hours.

Ned to get a move on here. Not dressed yet and the Morning is half gone. Have a nice dsy and stay safe in the path of the storms.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Calm Before the Next Round Wednesday

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:42 pm

Good morning gals.

Am still lounging in bed. Will be a warm day today (low to mid 80's) and so far not even a whisper of a breeze.

Had a strange thing happen yesterday. I headed over to the library but I couldn't find it! :shock: It is right next to the City Hall building but I couldn't find that either! I went round and round driving, thinking I had truly lost my mind! I have been there a thousand times, and I was so confused! I finally gave up and went home feeling very frustrated! :?

I got online to Google maps to see if I really forgot where it was. Well, luckily, I haven't completely lost my mind! :lol: I knew they were building something across the street from the library awhile back, but apparently, they needed the property that the library and city hall was on, too, so it all got torn down with new buildings (for the new college) on it! I just didn't realize they moved the construction up a block! I guess it has been a few months since I have been to the library!! :? Now the library is in the Old Town area of Indio. Strange thing is, there is nothing on their website at all about them moving to a new location! So I guess I will head back to the new place today. It sure freaked me out for awhile tho! :shock: :o I have no idea where the new City Hall is. Not that I need to go there for anything. The Old Town of Indio is mostly abandoned with lots of empty stores and buildings. I would not go there after dark, for sure! :o

Need to also go pick up my new meds today, and make a couple phone calls. If it isn't too hot on the deck, I will work out there. Wish there was at least a little breeze tho.

Have a good day!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby OregonLuvr » Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:03 pm

Good morning Sue and Barbie I was up and at em this morning. Took a shower, breakfast then had to head to my Pulmonologist office for a follow up visit. I really like her. She said I dont need any more cat scans at this time. But to call her if I get a chest cold or any other issues. Gave me a little apparatus that vibrates your lungs to shake up the mucus from your bronchial tubes.when you breathe in. To use if my lungs are affected again by pneumonia or a bad chest cold. I dont have to see her again for a year, just to follow up on how I am doing. YAY I am down to 2 docs now instead of 4. I see primary first week of May and labs the end of April.
Will have some lunch soon and then Bunco this afternoon at 1. Going to the Farmers market tomorrow. AND the Plant Warehouse is open now it is next to my pulmonary appt but I didnt want to stop today Looks like they have lots of plants right now so I might stop tomorrow. Looking for a few plants for my containers and will use the raised beds for veggies. I am anxious to see what they have. They are very reasonable too. We have a fancy nursery just up the road from me but they are pricey. Their stuff is nice but pricey. Looks like we will have a couple of decent days next week so that will help.
We have a cold front right now, was 80 yesterday and so far only 47, back to my sweatshirts at least for a few days.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby Acadianmom » Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:23 pm

I think I got the picture of my roses posted if it doesn't disappear again. I post pictures so seldom that I forget how. The rose bush by the antenna is the one I started from a flower I was given. I don't know what kind of rose it is but it is usually out of control. I cut it back a month ago and it's already needing it again.

Got my motorhome to the shop. Maybe I will get it back before May.

I woke up with a headache and have had to take aspirin twice. That made me late getting on the road but I don't think they are waiting on me. The bays and lot is full of RV's. I have about decided to get my car where I can tow it but that will probably have to wait until the fall when they aren't so busy.

We are back in the 60's again and still very windy. I would like to burn some trash but probably shouldn't. My brother said they were going to drive from Thunder Bay to Toronto which is a three day drive for him. Hope they don't run into a lot of snow.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Irmi » Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:42 pm

i ladies!

First, I want to tank Bet for getting me back to the forum. My laptop is sick and I'm using Steves, but the letter after G doesn't work. Spell correct works sometimes.

The storm came late this afternoon but it wasn't bad. Some rain and some wind.

Easter as come and gone and its ard to believe 1/4 of the year is gone. The winter ere has been much cooler and I bought extra winter clothes so I did not ave to do laundry so often. People here are starting to leave for the summer. We went to the beach on the gulf coast yesterday for the first time this year and took a picnic basket with crab cakes, macaroni salad and beverages. It was fun. Tomorrow were meeting friends for a sightseeing boat tour on the Withlacoochee River and afterwards ave lunch at a local restaurant. Please excuse the typos. I need to get myself a new laptop.
Irmi

Postby Bethers » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:43 pm

I came on to reply to you all earlier but got interrupted. It's, glad to have been able to help. Sue, the weather is still crazy. Temps are back to comfortable sleeping for me, dropping into the 50's last night and tonight but I doubt that'll last. Today was beautiful, breezy, low 80's. I just felt like I was doing a CoverGirl commercial. Haha

My hose was leaking coming into the TT today. No clue why, but I couldn't stop it. My neighbor was sitting outside and said she'd flag down two of the guys, well only one, whichever she saw first. I figured I'd walk over to one of their homes later, but I never needed to, as 5 minutes later one of them appeared at my door saying all fixed and water turned back on. I should probably ask one of them to look at my kitchen faucet. Some days it doesn't leak, some days it does. Frustrating. It was a new faucet so in thinking something isn't sealed properly, but have been planning to talk to the guy I have getting my new fridge. Of course is have to pay him, but I'm not good at asking for to many freebies.

On one of our walks today I saw a site I might prefer. It's more secluded which I prefer. I might talk to the manager about it's availability. The man that moved here from my last park is changing sites and that's what got me looking more. I'd still see everyone on our walks but it would be down a road with only a few other sites and I'd be at the end, so no traffic. Just a thought.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby JudyJB » Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:36 pm

Irmi, did you take the letter "h" off to clean it? That's what I did with the number "8". I got it back on, but I have to hit it extra hard to get it to work. So whenever I have to type in a phone number or tracking number, half the time it is wrong if it has an "8" in it. I suppose I should get someone to look at it, but that takes time and money and effort, and I am lazy.

I was really windy today and the rains finally came--very heavy for about 10 minutes, but now only a few sprinkles here and there. I had to change sites, so I drove in to Sarasota and got a haircut, plus picked up some Amazon stuff I had ordered. Getting there was rough because of the wind, but once I got into the city, it was a lot better. Got back and hooked up just in the nick of time before the heavy rain came. Tomorrow I head off to pick up my mail at the post office. Ran out of time to do that today.

Has been hot and humid, but is cooling down to mid-70s tomorrow and next few days. Then I will be back on the Atlantic and it will be cooler there, as well. Might go for a bike ride tomorrow.

Oh, and my grandson in California finally got his pilot's license. He is going to be 19 in a couple of weeks, so I got him a shirt that says "Be Nice to Me. I Might be Your Pilot Someday." He is fussy about shirts, but he did like the ones I bought him for Christmas that has planes made up of words that describe the parts of a plane, so I hope he likes this one. (Am also sending his a check for a game.) Next step will be instrumentation training, and then multiple engines, but that will take a couple of years because he not only has college, but works part-time to pay part of his pilot lessons. He got a scholarship for some of it, and parents have been paying part as well. Becoming a pilot costs about $250-$300 per hour, so it is really expensive, but the starting salaries are excellent these days because they need pilots desperately. He is hoping to get another scholarship to help out.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby snowball » Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:20 am

I really should be putting clothes away dd finished the laundry and has left.. she had hoped to go home but her dil needs to go to the dr early AM so she is going to spend the night with them and take care of the kids while she goes to the dr... helps to work from home she can go to other homes at least in Idaho while here she went into the office.
about all I accomplished was watching a pod cast or two and scriptures and fixed supper actually was pretty good... need to go cut up the watermelon so if mom grazes a bit tonight there is some... and she actually did well with eating which is a surprise but maybe cause dd was here... oh and folded some clothes :lol:
wonder if the internet tells how many actors played multiple characters on Murder She Wrote? I was watching it last night and remembered that the "dr" had played Rueben on the Amish segment which is why I was pondering the question :roll:
I bet that hurt Judy to have the razor cut that close...
if you can make that move Beth that sounds like it would be a good site...would you have someone to move the tt?
Irmi so good to hear from you I thought the other day it had been awhile...
back to the subject of mice the other day... we had a real problem with mice to the point I was getting totally upset (I'm not saying they are gone maybe in the basement but I don't go down there) but haven't seen or heard or smelled them since I plugged in a couple of not even sure what they are called but got them at Ace's and the plug into a outlet blink all the time does something that they don't like but not sure what it is so hopefully they are truly gone ...
you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:13 am

I went out and stopped at the library. It is just a temporary place and is very small. They are building a really nice large library a block down from where the old one was. The building that is going up where they were, is a second "College of the Desert". There is one in Palm Desert already. I am thinking it will be a good thing for Indio, as it will bring in more people and hopefully more businesses in the old town area. They have been trying to find a way to revitalize that area and this college might just do it. About the only businesses near there are a couple of thrift stores and a pawn shop.

Got home and ended up on a long phone call from my friend in Oregon who used to live here. Haven't talked to her in quite awhile so we had a lot of catching up to do. After that, I called my SIL in Tucson. I told her I would like to come out there for a visit since I am not working right now. So we have tenetively planned for me to go on April 18th for 4 or 5 days. Sounds like she really wants the company. I am sure David will be glad to see me too. I really want to work on my relationship with them, since they are the only family who I get along with well.

Got some indigestion tonight so I hope I can get to sleep soon. Will have to see if I have something I can take for that.

Have a good night!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to Morning Coffee